[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We MUST trade marbury!
Author Thread
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
1/24/2005  3:54 PM
People disagree on this board all the time, but we don't make it personal. It's just a game. We all want the Knicks to be the best. We all have different _opinions_ on how that should be achieved. Everyone's opinion counts, and there are ways of busting someone without taking a shot at them. No one is "right" (especially not diderotn - ha ha).

Peace to all. All praise the Herbinator!

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  4:08 PM
Def... your my hero. I give you 100% credit for my new sig
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2005  4:12 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

People disagree on this board all the time, but we don't make it personal. It's just a game. We all want the Knicks to be the best. We all have different _opinions_ on how that should be achieved. Everyone's opinion counts, and there are ways of busting someone without taking a shot at them. No one is "right" (especially not diderotn - ha ha).

actually def - i'm right and you're all wrong but other than that, what you said is true.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2005  4:12 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

I am always right!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/24/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by simrud:

His value is approaching an all time low. He has failed again and again. With every game he lets the Knicks slide further and further under .500 his value is dropping. Wate more and no team will want to touch him.

Right I beleave we can still get a couple of 1st round picks, a young prospect or two, and package H2Gimpg with him. That is the most we will ever get for Marbury, TRADE HIM NOW!!!

I'm not even going to decide whether I would trade Marbury, and if so, to who. All I am going to say is that even you have to realize that trading him now would be a mistake. You just said his value is at an all time low...why wouldn't you wait til you could get more in return?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/24/2005  5:02 PM
So this team losing is the fault of the only guy who has consistantly played at a high level all season.

All this time I thought it was because Tim Thomas misses open mid range-long range shots and is to prone. We have the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA. As well as the fact that Houston Knees have turned him to a below average player. And Crawford was hit with turf toe and is now in a shooting slump.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/24/2005  8:23 PM
Marbury's value will keep fallin as the loosing continues.

If we trade him now, we might still bluff teams into thinking we are just panicking, and Marbury can still be a winning player. They can say, oh, wait, the Knicks did not give him a chance.

In a year or two, when Marbury will continue to lead us to the lottery, nobody will want to touch him. His alue is at an all time low and dropping like a dead fly.

I'm not sayin trade him for nothing either. There a few musts in a Marbury trade:
1)Houston must be included.
2)We must get this year's first round pick.
3)We must receave a future conditinal first round pick.
4)A youn PG prospect must be inluded, aka Devin Harris, etc.
5)1-2 young prospects/pojects with high development potntial must be
invluded as well.
Trade can be expanded to include any player on the Knicks other then Sweetney and Ariza. If Craw is involvoed, the team must improve the trade package by either takin on TT or Penny or giving us a young player/draft picks back.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  8:41 PM
SIm,

I am so glad emotional guys like you are not running this franchise. You have to have vision. You have to be able to see what is there and what is not there but coming.

When you look at my sig, see what is not there but coming. Maturity, development, growth, and hopefully with a few good moves from Zeke, an NBA championship. Trading away your best player while he is young and is a bonafied star, just doesn;t make a lot of sense.

Our core is set. We have holes at the 3, the 5, and the 0 (thats the coach ) that must be filled. If Zeke can do that, our players will do the rest.
Erniecat
Member: #851
1/25/2005  12:54 AM
This entire debate about whether or not to trade Marbury is interesting, but it will never happen. It's very simple: No team will take on his contract, which runs through the 2008-09 season at a monster salary that escalates to over $20 mil per in the final two years. We probably could not even give him away, and we certainly would never get a package that would entice the Knicks to make a deal.

But it's not like we're stuck with a useless, injury-prone, underachieving player (we have some of those, but I won't get into that right now). Marbury is hardly the problem with this incredibly flawed team. I'm not saying he doesn't have a lot of room to still improve at this point in his career, but having him in the fold for the next few seasons isn't so horrible.

In the meantime, we need to pull off a smart trade this offseason, and also try to get under the cap by 2007, when Houston finally is gone. By then, young guys like Ariza, Sweetney, Crawford (hopefully) and whoever we draft in this year's lottery should be much improved, and Marbury will still be OK. We then sign a stud free-agent big man, and we have a very nice team.

If only it were that simple.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2005  1:08 AM
Marbury's playing with three below average starters and one slightly above average starter (Nazy). You can't expect that to generate much success. You could replace Marbury with any other star guard in the league and it wouldn't make the team much better so long as the rest of the lineup is the same. At most, maybe the team is like 1 game over .500 instead of 6 below if you replace Marbury with Lebron. But if you replace him with most guards, the team would just be much worse. He's having a huge positive impact on the game; the rest of the team just isn't good enough. If you replace Marbury with an average guard like Alston, Knight, etc., we probably would be around 11-29.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01/25/2005 01:10:37]
We MUST trade marbury!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy