[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We MUST trade marbury!
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/24/2005  11:17 AM
His value is approaching an all time low. He has failed again and again. With every game he lets the Knicks slide further and further under .500 his value is dropping. Wate more and no team will want to touch him.

Right I beleave we can still get a couple of 1st round picks, a young prospect or two, and package H2Gimpg with him. That is the most we will ever get for Marbury, TRADE HIM NOW!!!
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/24/2005  11:21 AM
2 reasons why this will never happen:

1) We'll never be able to find a team willing to give up enough while also taking on Marbury's flawed game and huge contract.

2) It would take Isiah admitting that he made a huge mistake in acquiring Marbury in the first place and that's just something that he'll never do. I mean it's not like he can force Marbury to "resign".
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/24/2005  11:22 AM
I would rather see the Knicks stink up the rest of the season and get a high draft pick, then trade Marbury now - he is the future of this team, he just needs someone good to play along side him.

Are there any big men in this draft or is this team still going to be helpless next year?

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/24/2005  11:25 AM
Whoever you draft will not be ready for a couple of years. By then Marbury will be approaching 30, with his best years behind him, as he is a pure power guard.

Unless we compete withign the next 2-3 years, all Marbury will do is keep us in the mid lottery as opposed to competing for the 1st pick overall.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2005  11:44 AM
I agree Marbury needs to be traded. They can get a nice front court player and a decent pg for him.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  11:48 AM
Isiah will never trade Marbury...the day Marbury's traded from the Knicks is when there is a different GM running the show.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  12:22 PM
who's game isnt flawed? TMac lost 19 straight games and quit on his coach and admitted loafing. Why dont we improve the frontcourt and then decide if the guy getting you 20/8 is the problem with the team.

Marbury's problem is he can score. Maybe moving him to 2 guard makes sense.. I dont know. Looking at this team and this roster Marbury's shortcomings are like problems #8 and #8a. Lets work on 1-7 first
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/24/2005  12:30 PM
The problem is that Marbury is being compared to players like McGrady and Vince and not players like Lebron and Okafur.

There is however no point in trading Marbury right now. The knicks need to get front court players, soon, and then try and make a couple of runs. Rebuilding shouldnt be a 4-5 year proces but we are stuck under Houston's contract and have no choice but to wait till the right time and trade him.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  12:35 PM
McGrady and Vince Carter are about Marbury's class. All are bigtime players but have flaws and all have proven they cant carry a team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/24/2005  12:43 PM
I wouldn't be in any rush to to trade Steph but it would be foolish not to listen to offers. What if Dallas came knocking on the door and offered Devin Harris, Josh Howard and a couple of no.1's? That would be hard to ignore and you'd get a PG replacement who was a top 10 lottery pick. Or what if someone decided to take Houston off our hands and gave us shorter term deals? We'll see what happens, though I don't think its likely Marbury is going any where, and why should he? He's still a pretty damn good young player. The team needs to let players like Sweetney and Ariza emerge and try to add a couple more pieces.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  12:55 PM
Marbs is fine. If we did not want him, he should not have been traded for to begin. He is just what we thought. Putts up good numbers and assists.

The rest will come if we can get a good team around him. But Marbs is playing as good as I thought he would.

Whether he grows into leadership and can make those around him better, thats still open for debate.

There might come a time when other postitive things emerge for us, like a Trevor type of player who we get and emerges beyond belief, then we can move steph to complete our puzzle. But no such situation looms for us that would consider.

In a perfect world, yo bring in youth to replace the old, and you trade the old for what you need and more emerging prospects.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/24/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

McGrady and Vince Carter are about Marbury's class. All are bigtime players but have flaws and all have proven they cant carry a team.

get off the man's back. 20/8 a game. If one other player shoots better the 35%, we win.

Don't trade marbury or you will be asking for it. He's one of the top 3 reasons I still watch the games that we aren't expected to win.

when he does pass, they miss, when he doesn't pass, we gripe. He's number 3 in the league in assists, and waay up there in scoring.

We should trade him because he isn't THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE?!?!?

I'm really getting sick of this crap.

How about we trade houston...oh, yeah, we can't. Wait, let's trade Penny...oh, yeah, we can't. Hey, let's trade our best player and hope we luck out like Phoenix (get quenten and nash [who only went there because he knows the owner) or maybe we can get lucky like miami and shaq will demand to be traded to only us.

Give zeke a break...last year we sucked. This year, we have hope for the future.

Hopefully yesterday's game reminded you all that Ariza is not ready to start and Sweets is not ready to finish.

But they will be. they really will be, and I'm not talking about next year, I'm talking about immediately after the all star break.

Craw could have sat out a couple more games, but came back because he felt he had to. He's still hurt.

marbs, craw, ariz, sweets, KT...that's the starting lineup. Live with it.
all kool aid all the time.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/24/2005  1:37 PM
I think Marbury is a class above McGrady and Vince. I think Marbury is a more mature player than McGrady and Vince. I think Marbury can help players around him better than McGrady or Vince.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/24/2005  1:49 PM
Like I said. Ewing was blamed, Camby, Houston, Sprewell. It Marburys turn. I mean even Jordan had Pippen & Rodman & Kukoc. Y should we trade him once we get good players in?? Just becuase he can't bring an average team to new heights doesn't mean that if he had good talent around him he wouldn't be able to have success. Id say he had success with Pheniox with Stoud,Marion,Penny & Johnson when they won 44games in the west.

Pheniox Suns as a matter of fact had no frontcourt what so ever and were built around guards until they drafted Stoudemire so they went guard first then bigs which everyone says you can't do.

It is Marbury's fault though. If he stayed in Minn he and Garnett could have been ONE of the best 2 man tandems in the NBA and done damage in this league.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/24/2005  2:29 PM
You are a dope. Marbury is the ONLY reason we have won any games.

He's also the only reason the olympic team got a medal (did you watch that game).

Crawford is slumping...I remember the knicks when they were 16 - 13.

The only people that should be traded are the non contributors...top of the list is Penny.

Otherwise, wait until the summer.

Dope.
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
1/24/2005  2:32 PM
i really do like marbury, and yess i woud always take j=him over vince carter, but tracy mcgrady? TMAC is a head of both VC and marbury. when it comes 2 trading marbruy it just depends on the offer. if its a trade that gives the knicks a very goos front court player and a 1st rnd pick, u HAV 2 listen. there r teams that steph woud look very attractive 2, and they coud come w/a great offer, like the clippers 4 one coud giv the knicks a great package 4 marbury and he woud really fit there team. again im not sayin u go trade marbury, but if the right offer comes along y woud u turn it down?
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/24/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

He's also the only reason the olympic team got a medal (did you watch that game).

The only people that should be traded are the non contributors...top of the list is Penny.

Dope.

Maybe you should come up with a nicer way of talking to people so you don't get another thread locked.

Chief.
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/24/2005  3:15 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by rvhoss:

Dope.

Maybe you should come up with a nicer way of talking to people so you don't get another thread locked.

Chief.

I thought it was funny and entertaining...no worse then the attacks launched at briggs and islesfan.

Are we in a bad mood today chief?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2005  3:18 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by rvhoss:

Dope.

Chief.

this person is acting inappropriate, I think that he should be banned for some of the comments on another thread. No reason to act low class with no common decency. If you want to be a jerk, there is a community named yahoo full of them.
RIP Crushalot😞
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/24/2005  3:26 PM
I apologize...I just love the knicks and like the team as is.

sorry if you were offended by anything I may have said on any other board.

I thought you were anti knicks...sorry.
We MUST trade marbury!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy