[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

two moves that can be done right now with rebuilding in mind
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2005  10:09 AM
we ship kurt and houston's #2 (give it back to them) for spoon and a #1. we then re-route houston's #1 and nazr to washington for an injured kwame brown right now. i think both of these can get done.

i'm resolved to the fact that kurt will not net us a big man of any consequence so we're better off going for swingman or a pick. i prefer the pick and spoon expires next season as well. waiting till the offseason with kurt won't do anything for his value and will keep sweets on the bench.

and i think we HAVE to package a #1 with nazr to get a young big man, and that may not be enough. so getting an injured kwame now, while giving washington another piece to help them this season may get them to bite. otherwise, if we can't get a #1 from someplace else, this has to wait till draft night when the price goes up a little more. nazr's stock has been dropping.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2005  10:13 AM
If we are going after high 1st round picks that are big men, I would rather go after Darko than Kwame. Both have done nothing in the leauge so far. The diff is that Kwame has been given a chance while Darko has not.
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
1/24/2005  10:30 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

we ship kurt and houston's #2 (give it back to them) for spoon and a #1. we then re-route houston's #1 and nazr to washington for an injured kwame brown right now. i think both of these can get done.

i'm resolved to the fact that kurt will not net us a big man of any consequence so we're better off going for swingman or a pick. i prefer the pick and spoon expires next season as well. waiting till the offseason with kurt won't do anything for his value and will keep sweets on the bench.

and i think we HAVE to package a #1 with nazr to get a young big man, and that may not be enough. so getting an injured kwame now, while giving washington another piece to help them this season may get them to bite. otherwise, if we can't get a #1 from someplace else, this has to wait till draft night when the price goes up a little more. nazr's stock has been dropping.

I like this idea. But I'm not sure Houston would want to get KT's contract that pays him $7.4 mil in 06/07 - the year Yao Ming become a RFA. KT has 3 more years totaling $22 mil. But if this could get done, it'd be awesome.

Forget Darko... why would Detroit trade him? They're taking their time to see how he develops for a couple more yrs.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  10:32 AM
DET won't trade Darko...Joe Dumars wants to see him get playing time...LB is the one who will be gone if anything...it would be funny if the Knicks traded for Darko only to have LB come to coach here & not give him any minutes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2005  10:55 AM
ill go back to clev like i believe you had. I would trade them nazr for diop wagner and a 1+2. I think they could be interested in something like that, and we could take a look at those guys in the second half--move kT to starting C Sweetney to starting PF with Diop and Baker backing up. Ive looked around and this makes most sense because I think its a deal that could get done and the draft pick. This along with attempting to pick up Q Woods for now. That would give us a 2 draft picks and 3 young players to look at while keeping most of the veteran core. Around the TD, I would then look to move KT to a team like Boston for a pick+ Mike Stewart.
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2005  2:42 PM
Here are hypothetical moves I am interested in happening...

1. Crawford for Nene and Skita - We can sweeten the pot by making it Jamal/Nazr for Nene/Skita/Lenard/Rodney White.
2. KT for Rasho Nesterovic - We should ask for a swap of their 1st rounder with our 2nd rounder.
3. Pick-Up Q Woods
4. Elton Brand and Rebracca for TT and Sweetney - Donald Sterling will eventually revert to his penny pinching ways.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/24/2005  4:55 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Here are hypothetical moves I am interested in happening...

1. Crawford for Nene and Skita - We can sweeten the pot by making it Jamal/Nazr for Nene/Skita/Lenard/Rodney White.
2. KT for Rasho Nesterovic - We should ask for a swap of their 1st rounder with our 2nd rounder.
3. Pick-Up Q Woods
4. Elton Brand and Rebracca for TT and Sweetney - Donald Sterling will eventually revert to his penny pinching ways.

I think Jamal and Nazr for Nene and Rodney White has potential. But Zeke would never give up on Jamal so soon.

edit: also, Denver will want to see if it can get Mike Redd for Nene first. If that doesn't work, they'd probably take the NYK package very seriously.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 01/24/2005 16:55:55]
¿ △ ?
two moves that can be done right now with rebuilding in mind

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy