[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our #1 pick is looking valueable right now
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  9:36 AM
Now more than ever, our #1 unprotected pick is super valuable to other teams who think we may sink to the bottom of the league. Realistically I don't see it happening, I think once Jamal's foot is totally right, we will play good again and win many of the winnable games that we have been losing. Yes, I see us in the playoffs. Plus I don't see any answers for us in the draft.

If we package one of our players with that #1 unprotected and we can get one of the young athletic bigs we have been lookin for. That #1 has never looked so good to other teams and it wont look as good after we pick up our play and start winning games again. KT and a #1 has gotta be worth something!! And Nazr and a #1 has gotta be worth something more, it should get us Kwame. Our pick can now sweeten any deal for a player we may want. We can trade #1's if we deal to a team that wants to move up in the draft.

We should do this for a big because the learning curve for big men is so high, we might as well trade for a project than draft one. We want a guy ready to contribute now or in the next year or so, not in 4 years.

Lets say we did that for Kwame brown and then...

...we could do the Penny for Jalen Rose trade to plug the hole at the 3 but still give Trevor about 20 minutes a game. Why not get Jalen Rose who could fill in that hole and help us get to the playoffs which would provide important experience to sweets and ariza. By the time Ariza is realy ready, Jalen is expiring and ready to be traded, or fall off the books so we can re-sign Trevor.

oh yeah, and finally pull the trigger on that KT for Diop and Wagner. Potential and/or cap space, but most iportantly KT is gone.

Our lineup would be:
Steph/Rose/Wagner
Craw/Ariza/Wagner
Rose/Ariza/JYD
Sweets/JYD
Kwame/Diop/Sundov

That is a nice young lineup except for rose JYD. How could you be mad at that?
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/24/2005  9:43 AM
We can't afford to give away our draft picks....We don't have enough as is, so it will be in our best advantage to try to get draft picks instead....
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  9:54 AM
we can afford it to trade picks with a good team that may want a higher pick.

I want Kwame Brown, and we wont be high enough in the draft to get a really promising big, so why not use it to get him? We might as well use it for something. Tyson Chandler, Philly would probably want it (dalemebert) cause they dont have any picks. We could package an expiring contract for a pick from someone. I'm just trying to figure somethig out because the value of our pick is arificially high right now. IMO we look a lot worse than we actually are right now.

Package our pick with Moochie and Vin for somebody good. Theres gotta be a way to make something happen here!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 01/24/2005 09:57:05]
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2005  10:10 AM
I don't think we can trade our number 1 pick this year. You are not allowed to trade your 1st round pick 2 years in a row.
Our #1 pick is looking valueable right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy