[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

"This is my team now, and im not taking any BS"
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/24/2005  1:15 AM
Herb Williams to the Knicks.

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-sphey0124,0,2234089.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2005  1:23 AM
excellent article...man if i was the knicks players who aren't getting it done I'd be really scared right now lol

Herb really has nothing to lose in being tough on these guys since he'll problably be gone anyway..he has to do whats best to get these guys to prodece and win and make a name for himselve so that he impresses other teams.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/24/2005 01:25:22]
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
1/24/2005  1:48 AM
I feel good about this.
"If someone's not getting the job done," Williams said, "I'll put someone on the court to get the job done."

On Day 1, Williams found extra floor time for Sweetney, who works his considerable butt off, gave rookie Trevor Ariza a start and didn't employ Tim .Thomas at all. Thomas has an injury, but the official scoresheet listed his absence as "coach's decision," which has to make every right-thinking person feel good.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  4:57 AM
Posted by Mac:

I feel good about this.
"If someone's not getting the job done," Williams said, "I'll put someone on the court to get the job done."

On Day 1, Williams found extra floor time for Sweetney, who works his considerable butt off, gave rookie Trevor Ariza a start and didn't employ Tim .Thomas at all. Thomas has an injury, but the official scoresheet listed his absence as "coach's decision," which has to make every right-thinking person feel good.
it sounds good, but we don't have the man power to really accomplish that. Our front court is what it is and our back court is depleted. If crawfish is chucking who can he replace him with. Penny and H20 are out. We could have used penny on D last night to guard redd. With our 'big men' we can kinda do that.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/24/2005  7:05 AM
What is the Penny situation? I know that he wants to be traded, but if after tonight he is not gone, look for him to be in uniform very soon......As far as I am concerned, He is a decent player that wasn't getting any playing time in Lenny's crazy system....however, if trading him can land us able boddies like: yes, Rose, Walker, Marshall, Zcerbiak, even Kandi, the hell with it. Package him with Kurt and send them both out of town......

On a side note:

Nazr is in a slump, and Kurt's lack of postup game is a huge issue. If we don't trade his a** out of town, We might as well forget about any chances we would have to be decent....
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  7:32 AM
Posted by diderotn:

What is the Penny situation? I know that he wants to be traded, but if after tonight he is not gone, look for him to be in uniform very soon......As far as I am concerned, He is a decent player that wasn't getting any playing time in Lenny's crazy system....however, if trading him can land us able boddies like: yes, Rose, Walker, Marshall, Zcerbiak, even Kandi, the hell with it. Package him with Kurt and send them both out of town......

On a side note:

Nazr is in a slump, and Kurt's lack of postup game is a huge issue. If we don't trade his a** out of town, We might as well forget about any chances we would have to be decent....
Nazzy is slumping right now. We should run some plays for him on tuesday and see what he can do. He isn't getting those tip in's like he used to. Steph had really started to make him look good and then I don't know what happened. Nazzy was one of the players i was saying steph made better.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  8:20 AM
What slump is Nazy in? Didn't he have 16 and 17 in the prior game!
SKY
Member: #687
USA
1/24/2005  8:22 AM
Posted by diderotn:

On a side note:

Ok,, you package Penny & KT for Rose & fillers. Exactly what good does this do for the team? It's just a dumb move if we don't get back either a young prospect or a pick. You can make all sort of moves to collect role players or servicable vets. But if we don't go for the future centerpiece of the contending team, these moves will be pointless - same old stuff that got us nowhere.
diderotn
USA
1/24/2005  8:38 AM
there are many ways to build a championship team, some GM look to bring in role players first, and super-stars later...Some do it the other way around... However, sometimes they do with what they have...It is all about luck in this game. You have to be willing to trade assets to gain assets...Rose is still a very good player in this league. He can do a lot more than what Kurt and TT are providing for our team right now.....He has a bad contract, but hey, two for one and a 1/2 is fine with me....We can actually get a draft pick out of that deal if we are wise....I know that most of you want to wait til next year to get rid of our expiring contracts, I am with you also, but we will have three expiring contracts in penny, TT, and Houston....I do believe that in two years, Carmelo or Lebron will be FAs, who knows how our luck may turn around that time...With Houston and either TT's expiring contracts, we may endup with Bron or Melo....

However, we have to have talents to be able to trade for talents...As it stand right now, we don't have that much talents...We have nothing but a bunch of injured players....Penny, TT, and Houston are not that healthy...Get what we can for what we have should be our approach....Kurt and penny on a three way deal with Minesota and Raptors for Rose and Kandi..... we can always trade those two players later on....Didn't we learn a thing or two from Detroit...They traded Hill, Stackhouse, etc....Kurt is a serviceable big man that can thrive playing next to KG....LET HIM GO WHILE WE CAN GET A LITTLE VALUE FOR HIM....deal him for Kandi and a draft pick...

On a side note:

Ok,, you package Penny & KT for Rose & fillers. Exactly what good does this do for the team? It's just a dumb move if we don't get back either a young prospect or a pick. You can make all sort of moves to collect role players or servicable vets. But if we don't go for the future centerpiece of the contending team, these moves will be pointless - same old stuff that got us nowhere.
[/quote]
diderotn
USA
1/24/2005  8:53 AM
Reading this article, I found a little hope on what is to come out of our team in the near future, especially with Herb as our coach… He seems to understand what most of us have been talking about all season long. Sweetney is a very capable big man that has been improperly used.. We don’t need a big man that will shoot jump shot, we need a big man that will go down low and mix it up…One of the reason why Nazr has been in a slump as of late is because Marburry and the other guys have failed to maximize his talents…They defer a lot more to Kurt instead of going through their real big man….Herb recognizes that and perhaps will help Marburry to take advantage of his assets….However, I still believe that Kurt has to be a bench player for Sweetney to truly blossom…….

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spkside244124418jan24,0,7081459.story?coll=ny-knicks-print

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  9:08 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Reading this article, I found a little hope on what is to come out of our team in the near future, especially with Herb as our coach… He seems to understand what most of us have been talking about all season long. Sweetney is a very capable big man that has been improperly used.. We don’t need a big man that will shoot jump shot, we need a big man that will go down low and mix it up…One of the reason why Nazr has been in a slump as of late is because Marburry and the other guys have failed to maximize his talents…They defer a lot more to Kurt instead of going through their real big man….Herb recognizes that and perhaps will help Marburry to take advantage of his assets….However, I still believe that Kurt has to be a bench player for Sweetney to truly blossom…….

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spkside244124418jan24,0,7081459.story?coll=ny-knicks-print

Dido,

Your posts are becomeing non readable. You say the same thing over and over.

diderotn
USA
1/24/2005  9:12 AM
The good thing is this, you don't have to read them....you say the same things about our season lack of defensive abilities and lack of Ws in the winning colum, don't you???????

Dido,

Your posts are becomeing non readable. You say the same thing over and over.

[/quote]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2005  10:12 AM
herb is undermanned right now but i'll believe when i see him yank marbury or crawford when they get beat by their man away from the ball.
"This is my team now, and im not taking any BS"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy