Isiah on Mike'd Up
Author Thread
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
1/23/2005  11:33 PM
(11:40 p.m.)Isiah's gonna be on Mike Francessa's show in a few minutes
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  11:55 PM
that was a great interview. thanks for the heads up. I hope the guys who are killing Isiah watched it. He's done so much in only 1 year. As he said, he layed down the foudation because when he got here there wasn't one. and there wasn't when you are talking about the importance of clarence weatherspoon to this team and Eisely is you starting PG and he can't even start in phoenix and utah and shandon is you talented young SG.

He also talked about the 40mil in expiring contracts and the drafts and how he likes the young core of Marbury, crawford, sweets, ariza and Nazr
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/23/2005  11:56 PM
Isiah is so full of crap. Now he's saying that it's a 4-5 year process when he said the exact opposite when he was hired.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  11:59 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Isiah is so full of crap. Now he's saying that it's a 4-5 year process when he said the exact opposite when he was hired.

he did??? I could've sworn he said it would not be overnight and they are going to try to rebuild on the fly. and he confirmed that by bringing up the expiring contracts and draft picks
NYK3
USA
1/24/2005  12:02 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Please shut up man, You ALWAYS gotta say something negative, after a while it gets annoying...i agree with guns, great interview and it was great how he mentioned our young core and he did not mention TT. Its so great to see someone like Isiah running our franchise instead of an idiot like Layden
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:03 AM
he also said exactly what I was thinkig when Mike asked him if he would ever take a back seat to Phil Jackson and he said sure he would because it's about winning and you need a good gm, coach and good players to win...its not about one guy, its a collective effort
NYK3
USA
1/24/2005  12:05 AM
everyone needs to remember ITS ONLY BEEN A YEAR...I, and im sure mostly everyone here, would rather be in the position we are now than a year ago.... GIVE IT TIME PEOPLE GIVE IT TIME, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

[Edited by - NYK3 on 01/24/2005 00:06:01]
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:05 AM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by islesfan:

Please shut up man, You ALWAYS gotta say something negative, after a while it gets annoying...i agree with guns, great interview and it was great how he mentioned our young core and he did not mention TT. Its so great to see someone like Isiah running our franchise instead of an idiot like Layden

damn i didn't even realize he didn't mention TT or Penny thats great news! they'll be gone after this years even if it's for a stack of metro cards
islesfan
1/24/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by islesfan:

he did??? I could've sworn he said it would not be overnight and they are going to try to rebuild on the fly. and he confirmed that by bringing up the expiring contracts and draft picks

Yeah, building on the fly, meaning that they were going to win sooner rather than later. He said that you can't be as bad as they are right now while "rebuilding" because this town would never accept that. But tonight he says that he's a little annoyed because people are complaining about how bad they are right now since it's a 4-5 year process. Like I said, Isiah is full of crap. It's never his fault and there's always an excuse.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
1/24/2005  12:17 AM
Posted by NYK3:

everyone needs to remember ITS ONLY BEEN A YEAR...I, and im sure mostly everyone here, would rather be in the position we are now than a year ago.... GIVE IT TIME PEOPLE GIVE IT TIME, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

We're still a pretty bad team. We're still very poorly constructed and we're even further over the cap and for a longer period of time. And we still don't have a franchise player to build around much less a solid big man who can actually play defense.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:17 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by islesfan:

Yeah, building on the fly, meaning that they were going to win sooner rather than later. He said that you can't be as bad as they are right now while "rebuilding" because this town would never accept that. But tonight he says that he's a little annoyed because people are complaining about how bad they are right now since it's a 4-5 year process. Like I said, Isiah is full of crap. It's never his fault and there's always an excuse.

sooner as in 4-5 years....not the 10+ years it would've taken Layden with the team he had put together. We would be waiting for Houston, eisely, spoon and shandon's contract to come off the books all the way to 2008 then by the time we rebuilt it would be well into the next decade.

So I'd say Isiah did a whole lot in very little time and by the time Houston's contract comes off the books we should be a true contender. He turned all those players into talent and that is at the very least a foundation. Next step is seeing what he does with the expiring contracts.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/24/2005  12:19 AM
Hopefully Isiah plans on letting the contracts expire rather than dealing them for more overpriced garbage. Then we'll be able to see if he's rebuilding or just filling the seats for Fat Jim Dolan.
#Knickstaps
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
1/24/2005  12:20 AM
He also talked about the 40mil in expiring contracts and the drafts and how he likes the young core of Marbury, crawford, sweets, ariza and Nazr

Sounds like a starting 5 to me. Let's get to it already.

Herb needs to preach D to this team. Let JYD, KT, H20 come off the bench. TT? Who neeeds him?
NYK3
USA
1/24/2005  12:21 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by NYK3:

We're still a pretty bad team. We're still very poorly constructed and we're even further over the cap and for a longer period of time. And we still don't have a franchise player to build around much less a solid big man who can actually play defense.
ok i know some people will probly kill me for this but I STRONGLY BELIEVE we can build this team around Steph, we just need solid players around him. Give IT some time and in hopefully 2-3 years we'll have those players around Steph
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:24 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Sounds like a starting 5 to me. Let's get to it already.

Herb needs to preach D to this team. Let JYD, KT, H20 come off the bench. TT? Who neeeds him?

We just need a center who can block shots and a SF who can shoot since Ariza is not ready to start yet at 19. Don't get me wrong, its better for the future than starting TT or JYD

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/24/2005 00:25:43]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2005  12:30 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

that was a great interview. thanks for the heads up. I hope the guys who are killing Isiah watched it. He's done so much in only 1 year. As he said, he layed down the foudation because when he got here there wasn't one. and there wasn't when you are talking about the importance of clarence weatherspoon to this team and Eisely is you starting PG and he can't even start in phoenix and utah and shandon is you talented young SG.

sorry, that core scks. i guess if he likes that core, we are fcked. whoever says the opposite, is smoking something.

I for one am growing more and more concerned with the basketball IQ of Crawford--how could you base your team on a guy like Crawford? If I was his boss, i would say 2 3s a game and thats it, and if you dont like it, you will sit. If he continues to play like he has, some night on, some night awful, we will suffer because he scks on the D.He cant make up for a bad offensive night by locking down his opponent
Nazr-should be a quality bench player
Marbury-his history speaks for him, he cant even lead us to beat shtty teams, he is a *ME* player and is NOT a winner+he will be a 10 year vet and 29 next year. By the time we are good again, he will be Houston.
Sweetney there is solid hope that he will be a good player, but he needs to lose 20 and keep it off. He could also be a candidate as a high quality bench player, but out of everyone mentioned, he is the guy who can be seen as true hope to be a pretty big PART of a good team, but again that may be as a 25 min bench player.
Ariza would get junk--garbage minutes on a good team -but potential as a defensive stopper/high energy guy off the bench is there. He needs a a boatload of work.

Look at these guys sans Sweet. Nazr-castoff-Crawford-castoff-marbury-castoff, and we call this our future, other peoples hand me downs.

Fck if it was me, I would install a style of play and focus everything on building the team front to back with tough athletic guys who play two sides of the ball.
We have a lot of dumb, soft players. Is it not true?
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:32 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by gunsnewing:

sorry, that core scks. i guess if he likes that core, we are fcked. whoever says the opposite, is smoking something.

I for one am growing more and more concerned with the basketball IQ of Crawford--how could you base your team on a guy like Crawford? If I was his boss, i would say 2 3s a game and thats it, and if you dont like it, you will sit. If he continues to play like he has, some night on, some night awful, we will suffer because he scks on the D.He cant make up for a bad offensive night by locking down his opponent
Marbury-his history speaks for him, he cant even lead us to beat shtty teams, he is a *ME* player and is NOT a winner+he will be a 10 year vet and 29 next year. By the time we are good again, he will be Houston.
Sweetney there is solid hope that he will be a good player, but he needs to lose 20 and keep it off. He could also be a candidate as a high quality bench player, but out of everyone mentioned, he is the guy who can be seen as true hope to be a pretty big PART of a good team, but again that may be as a 25 min bench player.
Ariza would get junk--garbage minutes on a good team -but potential as a defensive stopper/high energy guy off the bench is there. He needs a a boatload of work.

Look at these guys sans Sweet. Nazr-castoff-Crawford-castoff-marbury-castoff, and we call this our future, other peoples hand me downs.

Fck if it was me, I would install a style of play and focus everything on building the team front to back with tough athletic guys who play two sides of the ball.

simple...you don't base your team on a guy like crawford. you base it on a bigman along with Marbury and Crawford is a very nice 3rd or 4th piece
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/24/2005  12:35 AM
Just look at his actions. He moved Spoon to make room for a 21yr old Sweetney. He went after a 27yr old Marbury & a 24 yr old Crawford & drafted a 19yr old Ariza. These are players you add and develop when you have 4yrs of building in mind. So I don't need to go by his words. I'll just go by his actions.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2005  12:44 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by gunsnewing:

simple...you don't base your team on a guy like crawford. you base it on a bigman along with Marbury and Crawford is a very nice 3rd or 4th piece

Crawfish IS a big part of the team--look at his SA and FG%, you have a guy taking a lot of shots and hitting them at 38%
By the way , we DONT have a big man to base our team on

we need to stink BAD and GET worse next year--we need two bad years, some luck and smart drafting executions with a couple of smart MLE's
if we can somehow get 4-5 picks in the next two years with atleast one VERY high pick, we would be much better off as we shed the big contracts. what Im talking about is a strip down and rebuild, not soem fckn fantasy that we have most of the parts in place!

I mean he is telling you the team is here!!! thats why he believed that we would be a top 4 team! he better coem to the conclusion he made BIG mistakes and re-think options!
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:47 AM
no doubt he is the 2nd best player on this team now. but will he be the 2nd best player after Zeke brings in an elite bigman or another good player? NOOOOOOOOO

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/24/2005 00:47:26]
Isiah on Mike'd Up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy