[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stinkey Dread: Wilkens w/momma, Nalod gotta write puns, time for Herb to play the Suns........
Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/25/2005  9:54 PM
Posted by simrud:

Marbury stinks it up once again. Rest of the team played awesome. If we had a real player running the point instead of this joker, we might have won.

You are out of your mind. You abuse him for not being a "true pg" so when he looks to pass all game you want a real player.
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
1/25/2005  9:55 PM
simrud, are you kidding me? Who else would the Knicks be able to get instead? Howard Eisley?!? Moochie Norris? Sure as hell not Kidd or Nash. They are so over the cap that they will never be under the cap. Stephon, although he might be a cancer to the team (whenever he leaves teams they seem to do better, but ONLY because they get better players than him, such as KIDD and NASH)...The Knicks would be worse if they didn't have Marbs. He just doesn't have a supporting cast. It's like Michael jordon without Scott Pippen. You need the supporting cast.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/25/2005  9:58 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

simrud, are you kidding me? Who else would the Knicks be able to get instead? Howard Eisley?!? Moochie Norris? Sure as hell not Kidd or Nash. They are so over the cap that they will never be under the cap. Stephon, although he might be a cancer to the team (whenever he leaves teams they seem to do better, but ONLY because they get better players than him, such as KIDD and NASH)...The Knicks would be worse if they didn't have Marbs. He just doesn't have a supporting cast. It's like Michael jordon without Scott Pippen. You need the supporting cast.

Amen. It's hard to fault anyone for this loss when the Suns were nailing threes with people's hands in their face.

Marbury is a very good point guard. I will say that I wish they let Crawford create more. That kid has the chance to be a better playmaker than Marbury. He's very, very good.

And I hope Ariza doesn't leave the starting lineup for the next 12 years.
¿ △ ?
matt
Member: #487
USA
1/25/2005  10:03 PM
Amen. It's hard to fault anyone for this loss when the Suns were nailing threes with people's hands in their face.

Marbury is a very good point guard. I will say that I wish they let Crawford create more. That kid has the chance to be a better playmaker than Marbury. He's very, very good.

And I hope Ariza doesn't leave the starting lineup for the next 12 years.

I agree with everything you said. There was some plays when Jackson was shooting over Bruno and hitting the three; nothing you could havce done better on that play. And speaking of Crawford, he seemed extremely hard to defend when he penetrated. Hopefully he learns and does it next game. And Ariza continues to impress everyone. 2nd game starting and gets 21 and 11. Not bad
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/25/2005  10:10 PM
Check his fieldgoal attempts, then tell me he looked to pass. He looked to pass for Marbury, not for a normal PG.

And outsdie of Kidd and Nash there are plenty of PG who run there teams better.

Tinsley, Payton, Billups, Hinrich, Francis, Arenas just in the East and of the top of my head.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
1/25/2005  10:12 PM
People are so hypocritical, when we're winning people love steph, when we lose alot, they wanna get rid of him, its not his fualt he isnt surrounded by players like marion or stoudamire, steph is doin da best he could, he passed 1st today we scored 118pts!!! We still lost cause we cant play any d, there was so much miscommunication on d tonight, i remmeber one play sweetney and ariza got into a mini argument when richardson hit a 3, we jus need a better defensive effort, ppl are so quick to blame marbs its not even fair, i guess u should blame hm for the last second losses we had during this losing streak as well

if we tank this season i wouldnt mind, pick up a big in da draft and develop him, we have good core of marbs,crawford,ariza and sweetney, u guys see how lethal crawford is when he drives, shoots passes and everything..

We jus need a good defensive effort and patience
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/25/2005  10:17 PM
Obviously losing is never a good thing. However, there were some good things about this game. One was Jamal Crawford going to the hole. He is starting to realize that he can make more happen by driving to the hole instead of putting on a half hour dribbling show and then bricking a 3. Plus, our rookie SF went off for 21 points, 11 rebounds, and 2 steals. I know we are in a tough stretch right now, but you guys need to continue to look at the positive things that are going on.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2005  10:39 PM
Great game for crawford, he was PASSING! decent shooting percentage and he was PASSING.

Trevor was incredible. He makes lots of mistakes, and needs to be set up, but his instincts are amazing, the put backs, steals, and rebounds, especially in traffic are amazing!

Sweets can't start, cuz sweets too fat! He can finish, usually, but they ran him good today!

Brewer is better than mooch, but not much. I was rooting for him. I like him, he looks cool.

Give the suns credit instead of laying blame on knicks. They ran and ran and played a nice game. They shoot, and run incredible. Fun team to watch.

Good loss if there is one, it was a fun game to watch!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  10:41 PM
of course sweetney is gonna look fat against the Suns lol
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/25/2005  10:55 PM
ack at least steph didn't let nash have a career night on him at his expense
http://allknicks.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/26/2005  12:52 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by simrud:

Marbury stinks it up once again. Rest of the team played awesome. If we had a real player running the point instead of this joker, we might have won.

if we had any defense we might've won. like a Samuel Dalembert

It is painfully obvious that Wilkens did nothing with regard to D for this team. This team has not played D since JVG left. It will take some time for Herb to get them to understand the rotations and such. The thing with D is that it stands for DESIRE!!! Are the current players ready for that?

I am not sure. But I will be watching

Tonight, they were outclassed.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/26/2005  4:22 AM
Okay just got home from a very long night which started by watching the Suns and Knicks.

Knicks played a great game but i hope noone expected the Knicks to win this game. KT played better than expected. Crawford was awesome. Very proud of the guy. The Knicks are entertaining which is better than i can say a couple of years ago.

The Suns are contenders! a 7 game Suns-Spurs series should be a classic

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
1/26/2005  6:59 AM
Ariza! 21 points, 11 rebounds (8 offensive), and 2 steals!

Not such a bad game...first loss I'm not going to tape over.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  8:45 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Tomorrow night will show you all Marburry's true color...He will come out and set a tone. Herb is smart enough to exploit whatever Marburry can offer in a night like tomorrows.....I am confident that we will get a W versus Phoneix... We will need to push the upcourt, and our homecrowd will be there to support us....Look for Crawf to have an excellent game, and look for Marburry to get 25/10 out of that game.....Herb will make it a point to dump the ball inside to Nazr and Sweetney...Perhaps Vinny may get some playing time now with Herb as our coach....

JYD looked awful, they too fast for him, and his offense is back to his normal self.

KT played a very good game! That hadda hurt. You were right about Kurt.

Marbs folded. His body language and soft passes were what got me. All players have off shooting nites, but he lost his fire very early. I am not talking about giving the ball to craw, im just talking his energy.

True colors? Dude, don't set yourself up for high expectations. As a team, the ball movment was good, and Reezy was great.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/26/2005  9:50 AM
double post on purpose in a diff thread. This is sooooo embarrassing:
The New York Knicks were so inept on defense, the Phoenix Suns were actually critical of themselves after posting their highest point total of the season.

"I didn't think it was a very good performance at all," Steve Nash said

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=250125018
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Stinkey Dread: Wilkens w/momma, Nalod gotta write puns, time for Herb to play the Suns........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy