Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
1/23/2005  10:50 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by diderotn:

This is the freaking year....Isiah needs to get rid of him for cheap...He is the reason why our team or organization is as bad. we will never be a team until he is gone.......Just like the basketball gods got us rid of Lenny, Kurt will be gone also.....

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Is really a trade in place that most think that Kurt will be gone in some days?

i've been hoping for it to happen for 4 years now and nothing has happened....if he's not gone by the trade deadline we are stuck with him forever

This rant is getting so old and is so ridiculus. One player is not the reason this team sucks. This team has more holes then swiss cheese. You're so blinded by your total focus on one guy you can't see the truth. Anyone watching this team would realize they play no defense - with or without KT. In my opinion KT is one of their better defensive players but it doesn't matter even if he's terrible replacing one bad defensive player won't matter. It's not like you're going to trade him for Ben Wallace. Kandi is another underachieving head case - not exactly what this team needs more of.

No matter what you do with Kurt - Naz, TT, Marbs and Crawford still can't play defense and as much as I like Sweeney - his defense is still well below average. What this team needs is more players who will hustle and play cohesive team defense. As KT is the only guy who has ever played an important role on a good defensive team I don't see how getting rid of him helps. Don't get me wrong if we could get that shot blocking rebounding athletic forward I'd trade Kurt in a Heart-beat but I think it's much more likely we'll get a Kandi and in a few months you'll be trashing him.

This team needs to improve at EVERY position. They're talented players are underachieving and often play with less then admirable poise and basketball sense. Less talented players need to be role players (and I include KT here) to be effective but that takes a coach who can convince this bunch of difficult to coach players to learn and play within a system.

no question about it but turning Kurt into a real 7ft shot-blocking center would be a huge step in the right direction. then I will hope that who ever coaches this team teaches marbury how to play defense and use his size and if he doesn't learn then trade him. You are right Kurt is not the only problem on this team. Anyone can see that except for maybe one person but bring in a 7ft shotblocker would be a HUGE step in the right direction

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 22:41:10]

Guns, if we could trade KT for Duncan, Wallace or any other stud great but why not rant about trading Crawford for King James. My point is it's just not realistic.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  10:53 PM
i want any 7ft shot-blocking center. I didn't say it had to be
duncan!
OldFan
1/23/2005  11:22 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i want any 7ft shot-blocking center. I didn't say it had to be
duncan!

Ok here at the top 15. Which one that we would want can we get for KT:

1 A. Kirilenko,
2 Tim Duncan, SAS 42
3 S. O'Neal, MIAmi
2 Ben Wallace, DET
5 Marcus Camby, DEN
6 Theo Ratliff, POR
7 J. O'Neal, IND 23
8 Elton Brand, LAC
9 B. Haywood, WAS 36
10 Yao Ming, HOU 40
11 T. Chandler, CHI
12 Z. Ilgauskas,
13 Josh Smith,
14 S. Swift
15 Chris Mihm

PS - Most of these guys aren't 7ft.

gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  11:25 PM
I'll take anyone for KT as long as he comes with a draft pick. I don't care how we get a real center in here. I just want one who is actually 7ft and blocks shots
OldFan
1/23/2005  11:37 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I'll take anyone for KT as long as he comes with a draft pick. I don't care how we get a real center in here. I just want one who is actually 7ft and blocks shots

Who is going to take KT and give us a 7 Foot shot blocker or draft pick that is going to turn into a 7ft shot blocker? I hear want you want - but why and how do you think we can get it for KT?

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/23/2005  11:57 PM
how about Kelvin Cato? i don't think the trade off is that bad there...ORL might not do it since they have Howard at PF, but based on level of skill it's a good trade for ORL to make imho since i think KT is a better player...but we need Cato more.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  12:00 AM
Posted by TMS:

how about Kelvin Cato? i don't think the trade off is that bad there...ORL might not do it since they have Howard at PF, but based on level of skill it's a good trade for ORL to make imho since i think KT is a better player...but we need Cato more.

maybe for Battie but not Cato.. Kurt is not that good. he's not worth 7million!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  8:05 AM
i don't think Cato's worth $7 million either... but i'd rather have him than Battie, that's for sure.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
sweets is ready right now...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy