[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

sweets is ready right now...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/23/2005  6:25 PM
solid player now, 20 lbs later, DOMINANT PLAYER. he made it look too easy against the bucks. i see why they don't go through him the entire game. and every indication is that he can dominate on the offfensive end when/if he gets in shape. as far as i'm concerned, he's untouchable. i don't care if he's 6'8 and i don't care he's not 240 and can run like a gazelle, he makes an impact.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/23/2005  8:17 PM
they lost to the lowly Bucks...how much of an impact did he really have?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  8:20 PM
he didn't start either half therefore we were always climbing an uphill battle. the reason Sweetney needs to lose weight is so that h can keep his balance when fading away.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/23/2005  8:31 PM
dj i just love your enthusiam, i mean i really do.

I hate to keep saying that Sweetney shows no resemblance of being a dominant inside presence because sure enough I will be attacked by the ancient posters here but

you are entitled to your opinion just as i am entitled to my opinion in this forum so without offending you, everytime i see a post where Sweetney is being exremely overrated then i feel it is my duty as an american to stand up for those who feel the same as i do about mike sweetney

he is a role player.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  8:39 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

dj i just love your enthusiam, i mean i really do.

I hate to keep saying that Sweetney shows no resemblance of being a dominant inside presence because sure enough I will be attacked by the ancient posters here but

you are entitled to your opinion just as i am entitled to my opinion in this forum so without offending you, everytime i see a post where Sweetney is being exremely overrated then i feel it is my duty as an american to stand up for those who feel the same as i do about mike sweetney

he is a role player.

you are saying this even after the game he had today? the first game where he got major minutes and put up 14 & 11 at 22 years old? while Skirt thomas and marbury were letting guys blow by him and costing us the game?!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 20:43:09]
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/23/2005  8:41 PM
I am very sure that Sweetney can be a much better producer in that lineup than Kurt....Give him a freaking chance just like Carmelo, Wayde, Lebron, Curry, Chandler, Kwame have gotten with their respective teams........He showed that he is much better player than 3/4 of the names that I have mentioned, so don't be affraid to throw him in there....Fvck Kurttttttt, screw him in the rear end..
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/23/2005  8:46 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I am very sure that Sweetney can be a much better producer in that lineup than Kurt....Give him a freaking chance just like Carmelo, Wayde, Lebron, Curry, Chandler, Kwame have gotten with their respective teams........He showed that he is much better player than 3/4 of the names that I have mentioned, so don't be affraid to throw him in there....Fvck Kurttttttt, screw him in the rear end..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WOW. **** him in the what?!?!?
bigpimpin
USA
1/23/2005  8:49 PM
Guns,

name the frontcourt players who you feel are dominant players and then name the players who you feel are role players, in the league

then we will debate if you'd like

to be considered dominant, imo, you have to be dominant on both sides of the court

at least give me that

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/23/2005  8:50 PM
Posted by TMS:

they lost to the lowly Bucks...how much of an impact did he really have?

you're right, they lost but in the 4th, at times, he was getting double/tripled teamed. that's an impact b/c he made the other team alter their defensive strategy. we lost b/c we played zone, leaving them taking wide open jumpers and then of course, they stop going through him and we were left with crawford jacking it up and missing.

bigpimpin - why do you say he doesn't look to be a dominant or at the very least a good player? don't worry about getting attacked b/c i don't think you would but every time he gets the ball down low, he either takes a high % shot, which he makes, or he passes it out leading to an open jumper. he even put the ball on the floor and makes a good pass out of that. he's way overweight but the flashes of dominating a game is there, as exhibited by today's game. but for some odd reason, they stop going to him. he's able to pretty much score on centers and pf's and they're not able to alter his move. that, to me, is a sign of a dominating OFFENSIVE player. defensively, he has a ways to go, but i think that'll come easier with the weight loss. look, he's not olajuwon, but i think he's good enough that you can run an offense through him.
bigpimpin
USA
1/23/2005  8:50 PM
lol skirt thomas
bigpimpin
USA
1/23/2005  8:53 PM
ok dj i read your last post

and that is exactly what i was saying.

he is a low post offensive player, i agree with you on that and that is a good sign for the Knicks in the future
but as you stated, he has a long way to go on the defensive end and that is what i based my opinion on as far as me being able to feel that he can be a dominant inside presence
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/23/2005  8:55 PM
lmao this topic is hilarious.
Anyways even the most pessimistic BRIGGS-like knicks fan has to admit sweetney has AT LEAST at the bare minimum the potential to be better than KT and he's younger, therefore he should start and be given big minutes. gotta get kt outa here first tho
http://allknicks.com
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  8:59 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

lmao this topic is hilarious.
Anyways even the most pessimistic BRIGGS-like knicks fan has to admit sweetney has AT LEAST at the bare minimum the potential to be better than KT and he's younger, therefore he should start and be given big minutes. gotta get kt outa here first tho

yep cos Skirt has seniority with the players and coaches unfortunately to be benched for the younger player
diderotn
USA
1/23/2005  9:06 PM
After tomorrow, we will know what our Knicks will look like. If Kurt is still with us, we will be the same old slow and no defense Knicks, but if he is finally traded, we will finally have an identity. We may not go far with it, but we will have a base for next season....
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/23/2005  9:14 PM
Is really a trade in place that most think that Kurt will be gone in some days?
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  9:22 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

i've been hoping for it to happen for 4 years now and nothing has happened....if he's not gone by the trade deadline we are stuck with him forever
diderotn
USA
1/23/2005  9:25 PM
This is the freaking year....Isiah needs to get rid of him for cheap...He is the reason why our team or organization is as bad. we will never be a team until he is gone.......Just like the basketball gods got us rid of Lenny, Kurt will be gone also.....

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Knicksfan:

i've been hoping for it to happen for 4 years now and nothing has happened....if he's not gone by the trade deadline we are stuck with him forever
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/23/2005  10:29 PM
Posted by diderotn:

This is the freaking year....Isiah needs to get rid of him for cheap...He is the reason why our team or organization is as bad. we will never be a team until he is gone.......Just like the basketball gods got us rid of Lenny, Kurt will be gone also.....

I'm sorry, if we remove KT, we still suck. I'll agree that KT is a one-dimensional player, and replacing him with Sweets is in the best interest of the team. However, is it his fault that he starts and plays so many minutes?
OldFan
Member: #446
1/23/2005  10:34 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Knicksfan:

This rant is getting so old and is so ridiculus. One player is not the reason this team sucks. This team has more holes then swiss cheese. You're so blinded by your total focus on one guy you can't see the truth. Anyone watching this team would realize they play no defense - with or without KT. In my opinion KT is one of their better defensive players but it doesn't matter even if he's terrible replacing one bad defensive player won't matter. It's not like you're going to trade him for Ben Wallace. Kandi is another underachieving head case - not exactly what this team needs more of.

No matter what you do with Kurt - Naz, TT, Marbs and Crawford still can't play defense and as much as I like Sweeney - his defense is still well below average. What this team needs is more players who will hustle and play cohesive team defense. As KT is the only guy who has ever played an important role on a good defensive team I don't see how getting rid of him helps. Don't get me wrong if we could get that shot blocking rebounding athletic forward I'd trade Kurt in a Heart-beat but I think it's much more likely we'll get a Kandi and in a few months you'll be trashing him.

This team needs to improve at EVERY position. They're talented players are underachieving and often play with less then admirable poise and basketball sense. Less talented players need to be role players (and I include KT here) to be effective but that takes a coach who can convince this bunch of difficult to coach players to learn and play within a system.

gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  10:37 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Knicksfan:

This rant is getting so old and is so ridiculus. One player is not the reason this team sucks. This team has more holes then swiss cheese. You're so blinded by your total focus on one guy you can't see the truth. Anyone watching this team would realize they play no defense - with or without KT. In my opinion KT is one of their better defensive players but it doesn't matter even if he's terrible replacing one bad defensive player won't matter. It's not like you're going to trade him for Ben Wallace. Kandi is another underachieving head case - not exactly what this team needs more of.

No matter what you do with Kurt - Naz, TT, Marbs and Crawford still can't play defense and as much as I like Sweeney - his defense is still well below average. What this team needs is more players who will hustle and play cohesive team defense. As KT is the only guy who has ever played an important role on a good defensive team I don't see how getting rid of him helps. Don't get me wrong if we could get that shot blocking rebounding athletic forward I'd trade Kurt in a Heart-beat but I think it's much more likely we'll get a Kandi and in a few months you'll be trashing him.

This team needs to improve at EVERY position. They're talented players are underachieving and often play with less then admirable poise and basketball sense. Less talented players need to be role players (and I include KT here) to be effective but that takes a coach who can convince this bunch of difficult to coach players to learn and play within a system.

no question about it but turning Kurt into a real 7ft shot-blocking center would be a huge step in the right direction. then I will hope that who ever coaches this team teaches marbury how to play defense and use his size and if he doesn't learn then trade him. You are right Kurt is not the only problem on this team. Anyone can see that except for maybe one person but bring in a 7ft shotblocker would be a HUGE step in the right direction

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 22:41:10]
sweets is ready right now...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy