[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

nothing new but it's time to dump kurt ASAP
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/23/2005  6:21 PM
and i mean before the deadline. we're 1-10 with the next 9 games being BRUTAL. we'll probably be at least 10 games under .500 by the end of that stretch. and if the youth movement is the way we're going now, we need to dump kurt to get his $$$'s off the cap. if we can get a #1 that'd be great but possibly:

kurt + #2 for wagner, diop, #1

this has all been said before but i think waiting till the offseason with kurt won't help any. we need to ship him to a team that's close this season.

if we can ship kurt + #1 or nazr + #1 to washington right now for an injured kwame, i do it.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/23/2005  6:27 PM
By all means Kurt for a no.1 pick, but don't bring in any bad contracts. Get expiring scrubs who won't help at all if you have to in order to fill out the dollar requirments, but no Malik Rose and players of that ilk.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/23/2005  8:13 PM
kurt for spoon and a #1.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  8:17 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

kurt for spoon and a #1.

that might get it done. as much as I'd hate to have Spoon back he would rot on the bench and he will give us another expiring contract to go along with TT & Penny who also expire next year. JVG has filed his roster with knicks I think it's very possible! if only Isiah is smart enough to look deep into it

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 20:18:23]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2005  9:24 PM
I'd love Houston's unrestricted #1- especially since they might end up in the lottery- if they traded it, they'd protect it- wouldn't mind getting the pick next year.

Houston is probably the one team that would take KT- JVG loves defense and KT would be a great fit and they're on the brink of making the playoffs- perhaps they'd think he'd help getting them over the top.

What about Maurice Taylor?
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/23/2005  9:37 PM
wHY would you even want to trade with Houston???? they only have PFs that they can give us, and we don't need PFs at this point....What we need is a real Center or a SF....The one team out West that can give us what we need is Minesota...They are struggling and they are in serious need to do something....Get smart, trade Kurt to MInesota for Kandi. He is a Center and we would not endup with too many want to be starters at the PF position with that trade........We all agree that Sweet is ready, why bring in more PFs to take away minutes from him??? get smart...Kandi, Kandi, Kandi

Posted by franco12:

I'd love Houston's unrestricted #1- especially since they might end up in the lottery- if they traded it, they'd protect it- wouldn't mind getting the pick next year.

Houston is probably the one team that would take KT- JVG loves defense and KT would be a great fit and they're on the brink of making the playoffs- perhaps they'd think he'd help getting them over the top.

The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  9:39 PM
Posted by diderotn:

wHY would you even want to trade with Houston???? they only have PFs that they can give us, and we don't need PFs at this point....What we need is a real Center or a SF....The one team out West that can give us what we need is Minesota...They are struggling and they are in serious need to do something....Get smart, trade Kurt to MInesota for Kandi. He is a Center and we would not endup with too many want to be starters at the PF position with that trade........We all agree that Sweet is ready, why bring in more PFs to take away minutes from him??? get smart...Kandi, Kandi, Kandi

Posted by franco12:

you wont have to worry about Spoon ever playing. the key is to get rid of kurt so Sweets could start and pick up a 1st round pick in the 16-20th range

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 21:40:11]
franco12
USA
1/23/2005  9:41 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Wait- Kandi's not a center. He's a scrub that happens to be 7 foot tall.
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  9:45 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by diderotn:

I dont know or care what he is. the bottomline is Kurt will be gone and Sweetney will be out starting PF for years to come

Wait- Kandi's not a center. He's a scrub that happens to be 7 foot tall.
diderotn
USA
1/23/2005  9:46 PM
There is not enough talents in this draft to worry about getting first round draft pick. At lease we know that Kandi can play the game of basketball. He will soon need a contract and that enough will force him to get his head into the game....If we can get this guy and help him regain the form that he exhibitted playing for the Clips, we will be ok......After all, he is affordable...Take that chance.....He is not going to take away minutes from our starters if he doesn't perform anyway, but Kurt is taking valuable minutes from Sweetney...And that is an issue right now....

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by franco12:

you wont have to worry about Spoon ever playing. the key is to get rid of kurt so Sweets could start and pick up a 1st round pick in the 16-20th range

gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  9:53 PM
Posted by diderotn:

There is not enough talents in this draft to worry about getting first round draft pick. At lease we know that Kandi can play the game of basketball. He will soon need a contract and that enough will force him to get his head into the game....If we can get this guy and help him regain the form that he exhibitted playing for the Clips, we will be ok......After all, he is affordable...Take that chance.....He is not going to take away minutes from our starters if he doesn't perform anyway, but Kurt is taking valuable minutes from Sweetney...And that is an issue right now....

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by franco12:

there will be plenty of good players in the draft. What if a guy like Petro falls in our lap at 7'0'' 260lbs with the Rockets pick. I bet he's already a heck of a lot better thab Kandi. and with our pick we can draft the best player available
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/23/2005  10:33 PM
good post guns. you got petro, boone, taft, ect. their's plenty of 'big' talent coming out this year. those are just to name a few. you also got euro's, who (not to call zeke bias but) probably won't be looked at much as americans. now the 3 i mentioned ALL have more athletitism than kandi, and it's not too hard to have a better work ethic than him, but needless to say they do.
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  10:35 PM
and you got all the guys who come out of nowhere and blossom in workouts
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/23/2005  11:53 PM
if we tank i think we should go after Taft...he's going to be a stud imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  7:41 AM
Posted by daddynel:

good post guns. you got petro, boone, taft, ect. their's plenty of 'big' talent coming out this year. those are just to name a few. you also got euro's, who (not to call zeke bias but) probably won't be looked at much as americans. now the 3 i mentioned ALL have more athletitism than kandi, and it's not too hard to have a better work ethic than him, but needless to say they do.
Its not just Zeke it is Ny in general. Those euro bigs or even euro-style bigs are not Knick-type players. They never play, and I don't think that is the type of team I want anyway.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  8:17 AM
forget about Olowakandi for God's sakes...he's as big of a bust as they come! i'd rather trade KT for Cato or Tony freakin' Battie than trade for that lazy underachiever.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
USA
1/24/2005  8:35 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Its not just Zeke it is Ny in general. Those euro bigs or even euro-style bigs are not Knick-type players. They never play, and I don't think that is the type of team I want anyway.

I suppose you wouldn't want a Dirk or Peja, then?

I think IT is concerned with talent.
diderotn
USA
1/24/2005  8:43 AM
Get this through your head, the only team in the east that may consider dealing with Isiah is Toronto.....Our best chances at getting a deal done will be with Minesota or another team in the West.....Any big man out of the West is bound to be successful in the East.....Take a chance in Kandi man...Do you even know who your reserve Center is???? never used Sundov and Vinny my friend....We need help at that position, and we need to freeup space at the PF position....If we can trade Kurt for Kandi, Sweetney will automatically gain that position, and we can have Vinny back him. Nazr and Kandi can play the center position....Believe it or not, Kandi is still a post threat.....Take your chance in Kandiii, we still have Suhr and Agwire as a big man coach...

Posted by TMS:

forget about Olowakandi for God's sakes...he's as big of a bust as they come! i'd rather trade KT for Cato or Tony freakin' Battie than trade for that lazy underachiever.
franco12
USA
1/24/2005  8:52 AM
I'd rather give a shot to someone in the NBDL than Kandi- he's going to be 30, his best years are behind him- and he's putting up 5 and 5 with KG.

I think Sundov could put up the same numbers or better on the wolves team...
diderotn
USA
1/24/2005  9:29 AM
You are right, but with Sundov we can't get a draft pick...the idea is to freeup the spot for Sweetney and to get a chance at getting a young talent in the draft.....Kurt is a better player than kandi, therefore dealing him for Kandi and a secon round draft pick is a great idea...

Posted by franco12:

I'd rather give a shot to someone in the NBDL than Kandi- he's going to be 30, his best years are behind him- and he's putting up 5 and 5 with KG.

I think Sundov could put up the same numbers or better on the wolves team...
nothing new but it's time to dump kurt ASAP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy