[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

even the most optomistic rose colored homer has to admit
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/23/2005  5:39 PM
that this is a situation that is as ugly as it has been for the Knicks going back literally 20 years. atleast we had patrick as hope, we are really, really in trouble. By the way, we are guaranteed NOTHINg with ending contracts, absolutely nothing and that technique has made us WORSE, IMHO.

I really, really believe that it has come time to tank it. this is atleast a two year reclamation project to get some hope back, I dont know when we can become a player again. It may take 4-5 years and Im being darn serious.

Do what the Rangers did, and dont wait, trade anything and everything for picks and have a gd dam plan in what you are doing this time.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/23/2005  5:47 PM
Shit's hit the fan. The order has to come from Dolan though. He ordered Sather to stop getting the expensive older guys and told him to start rebuilding this team.

Dolan's gotta tell Isiah, and let's admit, at this point recognizing young talent is probably the only good thing Isiah Thomas does.
#Knickstaps
spreeeewell
Member: #436
1/23/2005  5:55 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Shit's hit the fan. The order has to come from Dolan though. He ordered Sather to stop getting the expensive older guys and told him to start rebuilding this team.

Dolan's gotta tell Isiah, and let's admit, at this point recognizing young talent is probably the only good thing Isiah Thomas does.
You are absolutely right and there is nothing wrong with tanking this season.and as hard as this sound if we need to trade marbury for 2 good players so be it.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/23/2005  6:23 PM
I don't think its quite as bad as it was a couple years ago, becuase there are some tradeable players here. I think whether or not this team wants to be competetive, they still need to keep infusing young talent in here. If teams are selling 1st rounders like they did last year we gotta go out and buy them. Sweetney and Ariza are a start but they are not nearly enough.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/23/2005  6:28 PM
Knicks don't have to try and tank the season, all they have to do is show up and the rest will fall in place... I don't see why sweetney is not starting, both KT and nazr are killing this team....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/23/2005  6:29 PM
I would be surprised if Sweetney wasn't starting within 2-3 games.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2005  9:34 PM
KT is probably starting to keep his value up
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  9:48 PM
Posted by franco12:

KT is probably starting to keep his value up

hopefully while there are trying diligently to trade him. If he is a Knick after the trade deadline in late Feb. I will give up on this season
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/23/2005  10:08 PM
package kt and nazr by the trade deadline for a kwame type player, athletic pf out of the draft. easier said than done w/kt & nazr, but they both have good contracts, nazr is young, and kt has what a well rounded team needs.
Erniecat
Member: #851
1/23/2005  10:31 PM
I agree that we need to take the Rangers approach here and put an end to just collecting big contracts. Let's collect draft picks instead, and see what we can come up with. It took the Bulls a while, but they're starting to see what good young talent can eventually reap. And maybe -- just maybe -- we can actually get under the cap and sign a difference-making free agent after 2006-07.

I agree with Spreeeewell that even Marbury is not untradeable. But given his contract (which runs through 2008-09), no one will take him, so he's here to stay. It's up to our next coach to get his game to the next level (defense included).

The only two positives that will result from this season are that Sweetney and Ariza will from here on out get mega minutes, and we might get a lottery pick. Those two things could pay some dividends in the future.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  1:11 AM
The record right now is not pretty, but I like our young players and like the trade assets we have over the next two years. There's nothing to be upset about regarding the long-term outlook
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/24/2005  1:51 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The record right now is not pretty, but I like our young players and like the trade assets we have over the next two years. There's nothing to be upset about regarding the long-term outlook

OK Isiah...
Bonn1997
USA
1/24/2005  8:09 AM
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Bonn1997:

OK Isiah...
Hey Layden, which young player do you not like: Ariza or Sweetney?

Which of our $70+ mil in expiring contracts over the next 2 years do you not like?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/24/2005  8:49 AM
Yes, those are good points... Compare that to the rest of the league though... It'll take more than expiring contracts and two good role players to do more than make it to the playoffs.

You can say that we're moving in the right direction, but IMO we are moving slower because of the recent moves.

Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Bonn1997:

OK Isiah...

Which of our $70+ mil in expiring contracts over the next 2 years do you not like?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  9:18 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Bonn1997:

OK Isiah...

Return of a snit vomit.

Dude, last years rebuild did cost a bundle. If Isiah is talking rebuilding, he is backtracking. He tried doing both at the same time. At least he has Sweetney, and the gods did shine on us with Reezy. He was not even to make roster! That puts Isiah back in the game somewhat.

I really believe that Isiah tried to put the talent on the floor, but could not change the character of the team. He really tried. This is not the best group of guys, but he thought if he could get more discipline, more unity, more "city" attitude, etc, that these guys would become more territorial and play for the city. As TT said, he plays for himself, Crawford is a nice kid, who is trying not to chuck, Marbs still needs more charm school lessons, but I think he is trying, KT is playing at his best ability, Nazr and Vin are who they are, And Anfernee is a cancer. The sum of these pieces are not collectively better than the individual talent.

Im not sure I can really say that Layden, or his players, or any other moves would have worked out better. Isiah tried to install some charactor in these guys but they are too experienced, and newly rich to have the humility to change. Too bad. I have hope. I do't know in what, but I have hope.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/24/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Bonn1997:

OK Isiah...

Return of a snit vomit.

Dude, last years rebuild did cost a bundle. If Isiah is talking rebuilding, he is backtracking. He tried doing both at the same time. At least he has Sweetney, and the gods did shine on us with Reezy. He was not even to make roster! That puts Isiah back in the game somewhat.

I really believe that Isiah tried to put the talent on the floor, but could not change the character of the team. He really tried. This is not the best group of guys, but he thought if he could get more discipline, more unity, more "city" attitude, etc, that these guys would become more territorial and play for the city. As TT said, he plays for himself, Crawford is a nice kid, who is trying not to chuck, Marbs still needs more charm school lessons, but I think he is trying, KT is playing at his best ability, Nazr and Vin are who they are, And Anfernee is a cancer. The sum of these pieces are not collectively better than the individual talent.

Im not sure I can really say that Layden, or his players, or any other moves would have worked out better. Isiah tried to install some charactor in these guys but they are too experienced, and newly rich to have the humility to change. Too bad. I have hope. I do't know in what, but I have hope.

I'm no fan of Layden, but are you guys forgetting that
Sweetney was a Layden pick? You seem to be giving credit to
Isiah for him.
Bonn1997
USA
1/24/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Bonn1997:

OK Isiah...

Return of a snit vomit.

I'm no fan of Layden, but are you guys forgetting that
Sweetney was a Layden pick? You seem to be giving credit to
Isiah for him.
Isiah deserves the credit; Sweetney was just rotting on the IR under Layden and probably still would be. Isiah gave him playing time and got a personal trainer (Aguire) for him.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  1:15 PM
Sweets would have likely been traded by now!

Sweets pops passed away last year, and many a 21 year old would be hurtin' under those conditions.

There was no warrant for Sweets to get minutes while chaney was fighting for his life, and using vets is usually the best was for wins.

In any event, I am happy to see the inclusion of youth on this knick team no matter whom is at the helm (no Dickie jokes please).
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/24/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Do what the Rangers did, and dont wait, trade anything and everything for picks and have a gd dam plan in what you are doing this time.

Explain to me again what the rangers did?

Marbs is our Messier...shut your mouth and be patient...chump.

all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  3:47 PM
I'm the biggest homer around here. Hope has nothing to do with it, just have some basketball sense. The problem here isnt Marbury or Crawford or even Houston. The problem was trading all our picks, never drafting a player that could make the active roster and paying mediocre role players super star money. Since Isiah came in some of the faces have changed but the salaries havent. We are two years away from financial reasonability and flexibility.

No, Sweetney wasnt Isiah's pick, but he is Isiah's project, and the Spoon trade was made specifically to see what Sweetney could do. Ariza is a nice player. As for Dermar Johnson, Bruno and Brewer thats just taking low cost risks looking for the next Rafer Alston.

Yes.. Isiah did say he would retool when he got here, and maybe he over estimated the talent level here when he said that. That being said will he sign Spoon to the full MLE or give 5 year deals to guys like Shandon or Eisley? Will he trade #1 picks for guys like Harrington and Strickland?

We will see but I doubt it. All I have to go on is what he did as GM in Tor and how he worked with the young talent in Indy. Is there anything in his history that suggests he doesnt value young players, the draft or developing players in house?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
even the most optomistic rose colored homer has to admit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy