[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah why no Carlos Arroyo? Bulls rising, Knicks falling, Sweetney needs to start
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
1/23/2005  4:17 PM
I really can't imagine why Isiah didn't make a strong push for Carlos Arroyo he is a very good player with a lot of talent that alienated his head coach...He seems to be a promising prospect, if we ever get a chance to move Steph for someone we can't pass up it would be a good move to have him on the back burner

And to those who were trying to tell me i was crazy last week for saying the Bulls are light years ahead of the knicks i think that point was proven...And Gordon and Deng are in fact studs...Considering Gordon scores the second most fourth quarter points in the league and the Bulls are on the rise...Great point about the Bulls and Suns turning into up and comers after moving Crawford and Sweetney.....

And its time to really cut our loses, and give Sweetney at least 30 minutes a night and let him mature and develop this team is going no where and the future is in Ariza and Sweetney....

Isiah has proven himself to be a snake yet again...Lenny had to go, but he forced out because Isiah made another quick impulsive decision instead of waiting.....

Houston should really shut it down and have surgery and let the Knicks really showcase all their talent and then see what they have when the season ends
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  4:31 PM
we need a center, not another good pg
rojasmas
Member: #639
1/23/2005  4:40 PM
I agree that it is time for Sweetney to start and move KT to the bench. KT has been decent but we know what we have: a perimeter baseline spot up shooter who does rebound but doesn't seem to stop anyone else's interior players.
Let's see if Sweetney can give us more energy with his inside game and going to the line and offensive rebounding. If he gets in foul trouble, KT will be there to spot him.
Also, I would like to see TT play more at the shooting guard spot to create matchup problems.
Then you could put KT and Sweets on the floor together and put Mr Softy, Crawford, on the pine.
On the occasions when Crawford is hot, he plays more. If not, he gets 25 minutes a game now.

We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
1/23/2005  5:43 PM
How could anyone suggest choosing Carlos Arroyo over Stephon Marbury???
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
spreeeewell
Member: #436
1/23/2005  5:59 PM
Posted by JayNYC:

I'd would have taken arroyo and boosler for marbury.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
spreeeewell
Member: #436
1/23/2005  6:10 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by JayNYC:

I'd would have taken arroyo and boozer for marbury.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
MS
Member: #724
1/23/2005  6:30 PM
Your not taking one over the other...Its unreal how in love everyone is with a pg with bad decision making skills, no defensive presence, and very little leadership....

Arroyo, is a good starting point guard, if you can move Stephon for a good piece to the overall puzzle you do it....Then you move Crawford, who is garbage....Arroyo did lead his team over the USA team that had stephon, amare, lebron, melo, wade, iverson, and duncan so he can play some ball

Sending a pick with an expiring deal or even marbury for that matter can get us a good player in return....

Teams that need stephon, Dallas (Devin Harris? Daniels), Denver (Miller, Camby?), Golden State (Ricardson and their pic)...

IF you really think sticking with Marbury gives this team the best chance to win your crazy, unless he learns how to play defense his offense means very little
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  6:58 PM
Posted by MS:

Your not taking one over the other...Its unreal how in love everyone is with a pg with bad decision making skills, no defensive presence, and very little leadership....

Arroyo, is a good starting point guard, if you can move Stephon for a good piece to the overall puzzle you do it....Then you move Crawford, who is garbage....Arroyo did lead his team over the USA team that had stephon, amare, lebron, melo, wade, iverson, and duncan so he can play some ball

Sending a pick with an expiring deal or even marbury for that matter can get us a good player in return....

Teams that need stephon, Dallas (Devin Harris? Daniels), Denver (Miller, Camby?), Golden State (Ricardson and their pic)...

IF you really think sticking with Marbury gives this team the best chance to win your crazy, unless he learns how to play defense his offense means very little

you have anyone on your mind who's out there and will help us more than Marbury will? his value might not be very high at this point since they lost 10 out of 11
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  7:03 PM
i don't mind trading marbury but we have to get something more than arroyo in return. Even if its trading for horrible players just to dump salary.

I think if it becomes obvious that you cant win with marbury then Isiah will trade him inorder to avoid doing damage to his name and reputation, isiah that is.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 19:08:16]
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
1/23/2005  7:18 PM
I can't believe that i'm even arguing this!

Carlos Arroyo was like the 3rd string pg on a team that starts a backup point to begin with. YES, Puerto Rico beat USA.. but so what? Everybody knows that Team USA lost because of poor shooting. Since this is apart of your argument, did that team advance or win? I'll answer that for you.. NO! The teams that advanced were two teams that benfitted from playing together consistantly. But thats neither here nor there.

Stephon Marbury, is not the prototypical pass first point guard. His basketball IQ may not be on par with Jason Kidd. But to say that you can't win with a player that averages 20 and 8 consistantly from year to year at that position is silly. Stephon IS a playmaker contrary to belief; the problem is he doesn't have anyone else to finish the plays.

Which leads me into your statement about J.C. "Crawford, who is garbage" How can you say that? The kid is just 23 or something.. He takes bad shots from time to time but he averages 19ppg. Our backcourt is set for the next five years.. we just need someone that can TEACH them how to play the right way. You'd be silly to trade him away, when Isiah signed him it was the right move. Who do you think has more upside a 30 plus one dimensional shooting guard with shaky knees, or an erratic young shooting guard that has a complete game but needs to be more fundamental in his approach?

The Knicks need areas of focus should be:
A) A standout 7ft big man scorer/defender with athleticism and a polished low post game
B) A quality 3pt marksman/perimeter shooter that can stretch opposing defenses.

Adding those two pieces will allow our backcourt to do what they do best. Thats why Allan Houston's injury hurts NYK moreso than ever. We can't shoot with efficiency and certainly have no presence on the defensive end that can make teams think twice about going to the rack.

Look at the top point guards in the league with winning records, and examine each big man they have playing with them. Then compare them to our bigs. You tell me if we had anyone of those big men how we'd fare?

Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/23/2005  7:55 PM
Posted by MS:

yeah, I guess that means no Nash here either. WTF are you talking about. Carlos Arroyo can't even hold down a starting job on Utah and we need him? Yeah, Arroyo will give us the best chance to win. Get the fluck outta here.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/23/2005  9:35 PM
Arroyo is a very good player that was in a very difficult situation in Utah. He definitely deserved to start on that team just talent-wise (come on, Eisley? Lopez?). The Pistons may have gotten their future PG starter considering Billups is slowing down. Now, its unfair to Arroyo to compare him to Marbury. They are just different players at different times in their career. Marb is already a veteran and he is on a team that lacks the pieces he needs to win. Arroyo is a good player that finally got his chance to prove himself and he did it nicely. He is still a player that can improve a lot but he is young.

I hope Arroyo can finally establish himself as a good player in this league. Now, he isn't what we needed or need just because we have Marbury. If we had another star instead of Marbury and needed an upgrade at PG, sure he would be a good acquisition. But this team lacks a star bigman more than anything. One that improves their defense and one who can score them points late in the game.

Hope Carlos has a goos career. As for Marbury and the Knicks, they have their own issues...
Knicks_Fan
Isiah why no Carlos Arroyo? Bulls rising, Knicks falling, Sweetney needs to start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy