[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

right now, i see signing Q Woods as the near term priority
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/23/2005  12:30 PM
hide the dogs, but the bottom line is this is a 23 year athletic skilled SG/SF who has game. This is like a free draft pick that we get to take a hard look at for 40+games, the same way we looked at Demarr which was a smart move. It could turn out to be nothing, or it could help expedite our young talent pool and that is the most important function at this point. At 23, people deserve second chances for sure, I mean J Kidd beat the living S out of his wife for a long period of time, is dog fighting in that category? NOOOOO We need a guard with allan OLD and OUT and Jamison Brewer isnt the answer. I want a secondary option to crawfish anyway, because he needs discipline in his game--he needs to have a quick hook if he doesnt play the right way.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/23/2005  12:31 PM
i don't think you'll get any objections on this one.

people were talking about trading for him and now we can pick him up for free. good bye bruno sundov.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/23/2005  12:34 PM
Now would be a good time to do it. Houston's out for who knows how long, and the same goes for Penny. Let Ariza and Q split minutes at SG/SF.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  12:50 PM
definitely the kind of player Zeke will go hard after. If he pans out I would not mind a 3 guard rotation consisting of steph, craw and woods at all!
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/23/2005  12:55 PM
oh god.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/23/2005  1:07 PM
I agree Woods is a priority. Too bad Miami also has that priority. We may have to give him the rest of the MLE for the rest of the season.
¿ △ ?
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
1/23/2005  1:28 PM
if he was waived and we claim him and miami clams him we would get him because our record is worse
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/23/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by Starks3:

if he was waived and we claim him and miami clams him we would get him because our record is worse
Are you sure you're not thinking of baseball? I thought once a basketball player was waived, he became a free agent and could sign with whatever team he wanted to sign with.
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2005  3:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

hide the dogs, but the bottom line is this is a 23 year athletic skilled SG/SF who has game. This is like a free draft pick that we get to take a hard look at for 40+games, the same way we looked at Demarr which was a smart move. It could turn out to be nothing, or it could help expedite our young talent pool and that is the most important function at this point. At 23, people deserve second chances for sure, I mean J Kidd beat the living S out of his wife for a long period of time, is dog fighting in that category? NOOOOO We need a guard with allan OLD and OUT and Jamison Brewer isnt the answer. I want a secondary option to crawfish anyway, because he needs discipline in his game--he needs to have a quick hook if he doesnt play the right way.
I thought you wanted the team to lose and get a higher pick? How is signing Q Woods part of that plan?
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I thought you wanted the team to lose and get a higher pick? How is signing Q Woods part of that plan?

well Woods isn't exactly Tracy Mcgrady just yet lol he most likely needs to be developed like sweetney and ariza
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/23/2005  3:29 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Starks3:

Are you sure you're not thinking of baseball? I thought once a basketball player was waived, he became a free agent and could sign with whatever team he wanted to sign with.

nope, it applies to NBA...that's how the Heat wound up w/Bruce Bowen the year the Knicks tried to sign him off waivers.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2005  3:31 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Starks3:

nope, it applies to NBA...that's how the Heat wound up w/Bruce Bowen the year the Knicks tried to sign him off waivers.
Okay; thanks!
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2005  3:32 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

well Woods isn't exactly Tracy Mcgrady just yet lol he most likely needs to be developed like sweetney and ariza
But he has the potential to help the team this year, which goes against the idea of doing everything we can to lose and get a top draft pick
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/23/2005  3:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

But he has the potential to help the team this year, which goes against the idea of doing everything we can to lose and get a top draft pick
there is nothing good in this year's draft... read my post. '06 is the year
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  3:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

IMO playing woods would be doing everything to lose. he's most likely still a prospect at this point.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/23/2005 15:43:19]
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2005  3:46 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

there is nothing good in this year's draft... read my post. '06 is the year
I never disagreed with that. I don't pay attention to college hoops and don't know much about the prospects people are talking about. Briggs is the one who wanted to lose and get a higher draft pick. I'd rather see Crawford, Sweetney, and Ariza get some playoff experience, even if it meant getting around the 18th pick insteaed of the 14th. Also, Isiah's probably not gonna be able to use our expiring contracts to take back more long-term money if he doesn't bring in money by making the playoffs this year.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01/23/2005 15:47:17]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/25/2005  4:40 AM
Why hasn't this happened yet?
Sign the young muthafreaker and lets see what he's got. give him a 10 day and test drive his punl arse. Whats the hold up?
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  10:29 AM
sign him before the Nets do!
right now, i see signing Q Woods as the near term priority

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy