[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is not the year to lose big - there are no good centers - just role players
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/23/2005  10:39 PM
Well I think you're right there hasn't been a white franchise center in a long time. Personally I'd call Laimbeer the last one. He was that good and I can't think of one since. Here are some other white centers I'd say were franchise players:

Bill Walton
Jack Sikma
Alvan Adams
Dave Cowens
Johnny Kerr
Neil Johnston
Clyde Lovellette
George Mikan

These guys were forwards but were such great inside players I'd call them equal to franchise centers:
Jerry Lucas
Bob Petit

Chambers and McHale were more of forwards than centers to me.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/23/2005  10:53 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=1971910
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/23/2005  11:13 PM
Caseloads, would i be wrong to say thanks for the tease?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2005  11:18 PM
Posted by Marv:

Well I think you're right there hasn't been a white franchise center in a long time. Personally I'd call Laimbeer the last one. He was that good and I can't think of one since. Here are some other white centers I'd say were franchise players:

Bill Walton
Jack Sikma
Alvan Adams
Dave Cowens
Johnny Kerr
Neil Johnston
Clyde Lovellette
George Mikan

These guys were forwards but were such great inside players I'd call them equal to franchise centers:
Jerry Lucas
Bob Petit

Chambers and McHale were more of forwards than centers to me.

Whaddabout henry finkel!

Didn't the nets have Sven Nater in the aba?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2005  1:08 AM
Posted by franco12:

Nazr is a fine starting center if you put a stud at the 4-

Lets see- Tim Duncan is a '4'- Amare is a 4.

Maybe this is the year to reload on talent and the draft is the only way we're getting an all star.

Who wouldn't be happy with an Okafur or Howard.

And all this talk of we need a stud center- over rated. the sonics and suns are playing who at center?

Getting Andrew Bogut would put this team back in business. I dont need to define his position other than 4-5 because hes almost 7 feet tall, he can play both positions. If we had a draft and were able to land Bogut this year and the next year land someone like a Josh Boone to compliment him, and find players underneath like Daniel Gibson, Joey Graham, JJ Reddick over the next two years while positioning ourselves to be in line to be a major FA player in 2007.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2005  1:09 AM
we will not be in position to draft Bogut unless his stock really drops lets be realistic
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/24/2005  4:15 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Whaddabout henry finkel!

Didn't the nets have Sven Nater in the aba?

"Jumpin' Hank!!!"

I considered putting Sven on the list. I don't remember him on the Nets, more on the Clippers/Braves. He was nasty under the boards, wasn't he? Speaking of the Nets, the Whopper didn't quite make it either. Maybe I should have added Issel though.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2005  8:58 AM
As for talent in this years draft-

wasn't Carmelo a freshman when he entered and did anyone have him on the radar screens for being a top talent before the end of the season?

Plus- aren't there bound to be some European talent that no one is talking about that declares for the draft.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2005  9:08 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Nazr has been terrible lately. you can't judge him by the numbers. his stock is dropping. He's a fine backup center. the fact that he is our starting center at 6'10 240lbs goes to show how bad we are up front. Our front court would be a lot better with Sweetney at PF and a Chandler, Kwame or even Gadzuric at center blocking shots

Nazr's play reflects the way Marbury plays. Earlier this season Stephon wanted to dish out all those assists. Then, some idiot asked him who the best PG is in the league. Starbury then starts looking for his shot first, alienating his key pieces when we were winning like hitting Nazr for an easy dunk when he rolled to basket with him. And don't say anyone can do that cause if that is the case what the heck is TT doing?

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 01/24/2005 09:08:58]
This is not the year to lose big - there are no good centers - just role players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy