[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is not the year to lose big - there are no good centers - just role players
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/23/2005  9:18 AM
next year is the year to lose big http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/gregoden.asp

greg oden is a guy that would be great for us. tank next year.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/23/2005  9:39 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/derrickcaracter.asp

this guy was well known

'06 draft
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  11:05 AM
i agree..i don't really like anything im reading about this year's bigs and there are only about 3 of them the rest are all PF's which we dont need unless he's a proven star PF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/23/2005  11:27 AM
I completely disagree. Nazr is a fine center for this team if we get a shotblocking 4. Josh Boone, Wayne Simien or Hakim Warrick would be perfect fits for Marbury's style.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/23/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I completely disagree. Nazr is a fine center for this team if we get a shotblocking 4. Josh Boone, Wayne Simien or Hakim Warrick would be perfect fits for Marbury's style.

Andrew Bogut is an NBA franchise talent. There is no doubt that he is clearly a tier above anyone else in the amatuer ranks. We could use desperately, so much that Id be willing to give UP Marbury and a high pick to get him.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  1:34 PM
Nazr is a fine backup center.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/23/2005  2:22 PM
Im not trying to get racial or anything. This is a legit question. Who was the last white franchise center in the NBA???

I mean Kaman was suposed to be the man. The Brazilian Aroujo was suposed to be the man. Even if he turns out to be Brad Miller that still isn't a franchise calibre center and he wasn't even drafted. Chris Borchardt the yr before wasn't franchise calibre but he is another failure. Eric Chenowith lol let me stop. Chris Mihm, Joe Pryzbilla, Jason Collier, Alek Redojevic, Frederick Weis, Doleac, Nestorivic.

There are a lot of black failures as well but i mean who was the last white nba franchise center seriously???
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/23/2005  2:47 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Im not trying to get racial or anything. This is a legit question. Who was the last white franchise center in the NBA???

I mean Kaman was suposed to be the man. The Brazilian Aroujo was suposed to be the man. Even if he turns out to be Brad Miller that still isn't a franchise calibre center and he wasn't even drafted. Chris Borchardt the yr before wasn't franchise calibre but he is another failure. Eric Chenowith lol let me stop. Chris Mihm, Joe Pryzbilla, Jason Collier, Alek Redojevic, Frederick Weis, Doleac, Nestorivic.

There are a lot of black failures as well but i mean who was the last white nba franchise center seriously???

i dont think its about race, there are plenty of tremendously talented big men from many races. Is Yao Ming talented? Did anyone suspect that there would be a Chinese franhise player in the NBA, EVER?

You are forgetting players like rik smits, larry bird, jack sikma, bill laimber, kevin mchale,i mean its kind of naive to say this guy cant be good because he is blue?
whats wrong with Chris Kaman right now? the guy is 22 years old and has played very well--look at his numbers-they tell the truth and they show what he can be.
I compared Kaman to Smits and I think thats a valid comparison, close, as long as Chris continues the way he is going. I wouldnt call him a franchise C, but he can be a major piece, he can be a well above average C.

As far as Bogut, he is actually a Croatian who lives in Australia. Just look at his build, he's chisled, I mean he looks like a supeior type athlete physically and his actual skill level is off the charts for his age. I think they are on ESPN this week, you can watch him for yourself and see what he is. He's well above anyone else IMHO. he has driven that team to a 16-3 record, without him, they would utterly stink.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/23/2005  2:55 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/derrickcaracter.asp

this guy was well known

'06 draft
This is my boy right here. I met him when he was 12 and he was 6'3"!!
It was funny as hell he was about a quarter of an inch taller than me. Now seeing him and realizing I have to look up to talk to a man-child is crazy. He is definitely gonna be the truth. He isn't as tall as I wish he woulda been, but skills-wise, I think he will be the best player to come out (at any position) when he is drafted.

He said he worked out with zo and anthony mason and a couple other NBA bigs but you know who he said was the toughest on D?

JYD!!! Isn't that crazy?!!!??!??
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/23/2005  3:01 PM
Darko & Lampe might be following along in that list of yours someday, newyork.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/23/2005  3:21 PM
I guess now that we're on the topic, how about Dan Gadzuric. He sure isn't a franchise talent, but his play is almost a mirror image of Marbus Camby, and he looks just a little bit more built. I would definitely be willing to go after him. He's a high energy guy that we need. Him and Sweetney in the frontcourt could be pretty nice. And at the worst, Gadzuric can still be a really good backup C.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
newyorknewyork
1/23/2005  4:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by newyorknewyork:

i dont think its about race, there are plenty of tremendously talented big men from many races. Is Yao Ming talented? Did anyone suspect that there would be a Chinese franhise player in the NBA, EVER?

You are forgetting players like rik smits, larry bird, jack sikma, bill laimber, kevin mchale,i mean its kind of naive to say this guy cant be good because he is blue?
whats wrong with Chris Kaman right now? the guy is 22 years old and has played very well--look at his numbers-they tell the truth and they show what he can be.
I compared Kaman to Smits and I think thats a valid comparison, close, as long as Chris continues the way he is going. I wouldnt call him a franchise C, but he can be a major piece, he can be a well above average C.

As far as Bogut, he is actually a Croatian who lives in Australia. Just look at his build, he's chisled, I mean he looks like a supeior type athlete physically and his actual skill level is off the charts for his age. I think they are on ESPN this week, you can watch him for yourself and see what he is. He's well above anyone else IMHO. he has driven that team to a 16-3 record, without him, they would utterly stink.

I never said Bogut isn't a franchise calibre player because he is white. If you can play you can play. I never seen him play so I have no judgment on him. All im asking is who was the last white franchise center?? Brad Miller is an allstar calibre player but he isn't a franchise player so when you say that this guy Bogut is a franchise type talent it got me thinking who was the last white franchise center??? Kaman with a lot of hard work can work his way to become an allstar and with even more hard work can be the 2nd option on a very good team but he isn't a franchise type player.
newyorknewyork
1/23/2005  4:45 PM
Im new school. When I think of NBA centers I think of Ewing-Hakeem-Shaq-Duncan. And I herd a lot about Russell & Wilt Chamberlain but im to young to have watched them play. But I don't hear alot about white centers who carried there teams to success.
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  4:48 PM
Bill Walton and George Mikan and wasn't that guy from Phoenix in the early 90s, Chambers, good?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/23/2005  5:12 PM
Andrei Kirilenko
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/23/2005  6:43 PM
I'm with Briggs on this...Bogut is an outstanding player with great touch and toughness inside. I don't think he's gonna be an elite NBA center like a Duncan, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing etc. but a star level player capable of averaging 20 and 10. His rebounding in particular has been awesome this year.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2005  9:16 PM
Nazr is a fine starting center if you put a stud at the 4-

Lets see- Tim Duncan is a '4'- Amare is a 4.

Maybe this is the year to reload on talent and the draft is the only way we're getting an all star.

Who wouldn't be happy with an Okafur or Howard.

And all this talk of we need a stud center- over rated. the sonics and suns are playing who at center?
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  9:20 PM
Nazr has been terrible lately. you can't judge him by the numbers. his stock is dropping. He's a fine backup center. the fact that he is our starting center at 6'10 240lbs goes to show how bad we are up front. Our front court would be a lot better with Sweetney at PF and a Chandler, Kwame or even Gadzuric at center blocking shots
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/23/2005  10:28 PM
Posted by franco12:

And all this talk of we need a stud center- over rated. the sonics and suns are playing who at center?
Last 3 Championship teams had: Ben Wallce, Tim Duncan and Shaq playing center. I dont think its overrated. I think we do need a stud center, even if it is a Duncan type who likes to play at the 4. A converted 4 to a 5. I dont think Seattle or Phoenix will win the championship this year. San Antonio vs. Miami final.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by franco12:

Last 3 Championship teams had: Ben Wallce, Tim Duncan and Shaq playing center. I dont think its overrated. I think we do need a stud center, even if it is a Duncan type who likes to play at the 4. A converted 4 to a 5. I dont think Seattle or Phoenix will win the championship this year. San Antonio vs. Miami final.

you got it! those are my picks
This is not the year to lose big - there are no good centers - just role players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy