[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The East better watch out, because we are still alive.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/22/2005  5:23 PM
I know that some teams were very happy to see us lose, but revenge is a M.F. Due to the changes that just happen and what is to come within the next few days, I am expecting a very strong second half from the Knicks. Marburry is going to be pissed for missing the allstars, and our youngins will be getting some playing time, and that along will revitalize our franchise. Lenny made the mistake by not having Sweetney as a starter, mainly because of the way Kurt played in the last few games of the preseason, and that cost him and our teams a lot of games. If Herb is smart, he will revemp the lineup to suit Marburry fast style of play. We are not the old Utah, and most of all, we don't have Karl Malone to run the pick & roll, therefore we should play Marburry's style of basketball. Run, run, run. Marb, Crawf, JYD, Sweet, and Nazr should be our starters. The day that happens, Marburry's game will be at its best.

I am very optimistic right now.

We will win at least 45 games. The second half is going to be our time to shine.....

[Edited by - diderotn on 01/22/2005 19:33:23]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/22/2005  5:25 PM
slow down turbo.

one game at a time...
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/22/2005  5:29 PM
Apparently somebody has been stuck indoors drinking the Extra Strength Kool Aid this afternoon.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/22/2005  5:34 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I know that some teams were very happy to see us losing, but revenge is a M.F. Due to the changes that just happen and what is to come within the next few days, I am expecting a very strong second half from the Knicks. Marburry is going to be pissed for missing the allstars, and our youngins will be getting some playing time, and that along will revitalize our franchise. Lenny made the mistake by not having Sweetney as a starter, mainly because of the way Kurt played in the last few games of the preseason, and that cost him and our teams a lot of games. If Herb is smart, he will revemp the lineup to suit Marburry fast style of play. We are not the old Utah, and most of all, we don't have Karl Malone to run the pick & roll, therefore we should play Marburry's style of basketball. Run, run, run. Marb, Crawf, JYD, Sweet, and Nazr should be our starters. The day that happens, Marburry's game will be at its best.

I am very optimistic right now.

We will win at least 45 games. The second half is going to be our time to shine.....
i dont think ive ever seen you this optimistic. but i like it. and i agree totally.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/22/2005  5:35 PM
Amen, I need a break. I'll take a koolaid...better make that a double.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2005  6:18 PM
tomorrow, tomorrow , I'll love you Tomorrow, your always a day a waaaay!

Diddo, Read my signature.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/22/2005  6:32 PM
Posted by Nalod:

tomorrow, tomorrow , I'll love you Tomorrow, your always a day a waaaay!

dammit man, I'm gonna have that Annie voice in my head for a couple of hours now.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/22/2005  6:36 PM
well- this will serve as a wake up call to the players. Personally- I'd like to see Sweets and Ariza starting with Craw, Marbs and Nazr-
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/22/2005  6:48 PM
KT will continue to start. Perhaps Sweetney will get more playing time, but were it a priority for Isiah, Lenny would have given Sweets more playing time, anyway, so chances are that isn't going to change much.

As far as Sweetney getting the ball more, that has, and always will be, Marbury's decision. NBA coaches don't stand on the sidelines and call plays. The PG calls the plays, except for the play after a timeout, which is usually a coach's, but the players still have to execute it. The loss to Chicago, Lenny called the right play, but JYD changed it.

Marbury already runs the offense. Lenny never made those decisions for him. I've seen Marbury TRY to run the ball, then realize the other team has outrun him and the rest of the Knicks, then slow down to a half court, then fail to run the HC offense properly. This won't change.

I think the team will climb back and win a few to get into the Atlantic-division race, and they could even win it, given all the teams in the Atlantic are an embarrassment to pro sports.

Will the Knicks be more than a .500 team? I seriously doubt it, not without a major upgrade at the 3, 4 or 5. They certainly won't get past the first round of the playoffs, IF they get in.

These players just aren't very good. Sure, at Rucker Park they'd be good, but the same goes for all NBA players. Thousands of talented basketball players can't get close to playing in the NBA, the ones that do are the best of the best. In relation to the 29 other NBA teams, the Knicks are in the middle-to-lower-half, talent-wise, and it shows in their record. Only Marbury is starter material, and he's not very good at his position.

If Herb is smart, he'll do what Isiah tells him and keep his yap shut, which I'm sure he will, which is why Isiah chose him.

If KT gets benched, he will whine his head off to the other guys, and no team can win with a disgruntled player making noise in the locker room, day in and day out.

The only way KT does not start is if he is traded before the deadline. Period.

Good luck, Herb. If you get them to 41 wins, you've achieved something.
diderotn
USA
1/22/2005  7:51 PM
Who cares about Kurt, sit his ass down and play Sweetney. If Houston can come off the bench, Kurt can also...
diderotn
USA
1/22/2005  7:59 PM
If we can, is it possible to trade for Jarred Jeffries from the Wizz to play SF?????
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/22/2005  10:15 PM
Sixers and Celtics lost! Time to get back on track is now!
diderotn
USA
1/22/2005  10:53 PM
I am confident that we are about to make a lot of noise in the second half minus Kurt Thomas. If he manages to remain with our team, I hope that Isiah finds the heart to send him to the bench..
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2005  12:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I am confident that we are about to make a lot of noise in the second half minus Kurt Thomas. If he manages to remain with our team, I hope that Isiah finds the heart to send him to the bench..

Same thing over and over!

Wanna trade ariza for jefferies? Or you just not really thinking, just sort of typing those synapse' out? If sweets can't play many minutes cuz he is fat and foul prone, and you sit KT, then Who yah gonna play?

By the way, losing 9 of 10 pretty sweet with your boy JYD playing more and more! Get it, hes a role player! It ain't his fault, but its just not his place to be more than what he is! I love the dude, but too much is not always the right way.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/23/2005  3:01 AM
Posted by DefAndReb:

KT will continue to start. Perhaps Sweetney will get more playing time, but were it a priority for Isiah, Lenny would have given Sweets more playing time, anyway, so chances are that isn't going to change much.

As far as Sweetney getting the ball more, that has, and always will be, Marbury's decision. NBA coaches don't stand on the sidelines and call plays. The PG calls the plays, except for the play after a timeout, which is usually a coach's, but the players still have to execute it. The loss to Chicago, Lenny called the right play, but JYD changed it.

Marbury already runs the offense. Lenny never made those decisions for him. I've seen Marbury TRY to run the ball, then realize the other team has outrun him and the rest of the Knicks, then slow down to a half court, then fail to run the HC offense properly. This won't change.
Actually he slows down because no one else is there with him beside the other team. Thats not his fault. A team has to be committed in their game plan to run a fast break and that is obviously something that was not a part of lenny's plan. BTW he was recently running with H20, JYD, Nazzy and KT. I know what you're thinking, why can't Marbs run with all of those gizzelles running with him?

And why can't he run that highly complex half court offensive scheme covertly titled: the pick and roll? The opposing team would be baffled if he could just do it right!!!
I think the team will climb back and win a few to get into the Atlantic-division race, and they could even win it, given all the teams in the Atlantic are an embarrassment to pro sports.

Will the Knicks be more than a .500 team? I seriously doubt it, not without a major upgrade at the 3, 4 or 5. They certainly won't get past the first round of the playoffs, IF they get in.

it is that kind of optimism (disguised as realism) that every team needs, the knicks should hire this guy!
These players just aren't very good. Sure, at Rucker Park they'd be good, but the same goes for all NBA players. Thousands of talented basketball players can't get close to playing in the NBA, the ones that do are the best of the best. In relation to the 29 other NBA teams, the Knicks are in the middle-to-lower-half, talent-wise, and it shows in their record. Only Marbury is starter material, and he's not very good at his position.
Yeah that damn steph, if only we had a better pg we would have won so many more games. He just isnt very good at his position.
If Herb is smart, he'll do what Isiah tells him and keep his yap shut, which I'm sure he will, which is why Isiah chose him.

If KT gets benched, he will whine his head off to the other guys, and no team can win with a disgruntled player making noise in the locker room, day in and day out.

The only way KT does not start is if he is traded before the deadline. Period.

Good luck, Herb. If you get them to 41 wins, you've achieved something.
Just to make sure you top it all off with a cherry, huh?

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 01/23/2005 03:06:14]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/23/2005  3:51 AM
Posted by franco12:

well- this will serve as a wake up call to the players. Personally- I'd like to see Sweets and Ariza starting with Craw, Marbs and Nazr-

Wake up call??? How many wake up calls can a team get in a season? Terrible losses to bad teams aren't wake up calls? Being swept by the Bulls in a 2 game series, only to follow it up with 2 more losses isn't a wake up call? When can people just realize that this year, this is a BAD team, and we have to continue to rebuild and get rid of certain players, and let others grow?

The only way this team would have probably been good is if Houston was healthy, TT didn't waste his talent and if we had a shotblocker, and a defensive presence on the perimeter. We have none of that though, and TT is wasting his talent. Plus, all of our young guys are still way immature.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
DefAndReb
1/23/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Yeah that damn steph, if only we had a better pg we would have won so many more games. He just isnt very good at his position.

Correct. If the Knicks had a TRUE PG (someone who coaches on the floor) with Marbury playing the Iverson-SG and doing his scoring thing, the Knicks would win more games (don't say "we", kid, you're not the one out there making all that money playing a kid's game).

I agree that Marbury isn't playing with a talented group, which I stated in my post, but if he can't get them to play better, he's failed as a PG. He's had one really good season in this league (2 seasons ago in PHO), and that was with a talented bunch. But he couldn't keep it together, and that's because his teammates don't respect him, and they complained to management about him. If the other guys on the Knicks aren't running along with him, that's not as much the coaching as it is the PG failing to get guys on board.

Guys like Bibby, Heinrich, Nash, Tinsley, Parker, and of course Kidd. Those are PG's. Francis, Payton, Iverson, Marbury - not PG's, just short SG's. I'm not saying there aren't scorers who can run the offense: Magic did it, Isiah could do it, Lebron can probably do it, as can Wade it seems ... but not Marbury, he's had too many chances.

In any case, let the Dolan follies continue. This team, at least, can occasionally be fun to watch, so that's something of an achievement for Isiah.

Oh, and one more thing about Marbury and the run. He had the same team and coach as Kidd did the next season in NJ. Who ran the ball more? How is that possible? It's because Marbury is incapable of consistently running the offense, and that's all Kidd thinks about.

I said before training camp even started that KT would start. diderotn, being a newbie and having little understanding of office politics, seemed to think that Sweetney would start over KT because of potential, or some such nonsense. Lo and behold, KT starts! Why? First, because he's better than Sweetney right now. But, mainly, it's because you do not want a pissed-off veteran in your locker room, it will affect the team's morale and, subsequently, its ability to play well. If you can't trade him, start him - the alternative is far worse.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  11:55 AM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Correct. If the Knicks had a TRUE PG (someone who coaches on the floor) with Marbury playing the Iverson-SG and doing his scoring thing, the Knicks would win more games (don't say "we", kid, you're not the one out there making all that money playing a kid's game).

I agree that Marbury isn't playing with a talented group, which I stated in my post, but if he can't get them to play better, he's failed as a PG. He's had one really good season in this league (2 seasons ago in PHO), and that was with a talented bunch. But he couldn't keep it together, and that's because his teammates don't respect him, and they complained to management about him. If the other guys on the Knicks aren't running along with him, that's not as much the coaching as it is the PG failing to get guys on board.

Guys like Bibby, Heinrich, Nash, Tinsley, Parker, and of course Kidd. Those are PG's. Francis, Payton, Iverson, Marbury - not PG's, just short SG's. I'm not saying there aren't scorers who can run the offense: Magic did it, Isiah could do it, Lebron can probably do it, as can Wade it seems ... but not Marbury, he's had too many chances.

In any case, let the Dolan follies continue. This team, at least, can occasionally be fun to watch, so that's something of an achievement for Isiah.

Oh, and one more thing about Marbury and the run. He had the same team and coach as Kidd did the next season in NJ. Who ran the ball more? How is that possible? It's because Marbury is incapable of consistently running the offense, and that's all Kidd thinks about.

I said before training camp even started that KT would start. diderotn, being a newbie and having little understanding of office politics, seemed to think that Sweetney would start over KT because of potential, or some such nonsense. Lo and behold, KT starts! Why? First, because he's better than Sweetney right now. But, mainly, it's because you do not want a pissed-off veteran in your locker room, it will affect the team's morale and, subsequently, its ability to play well. If you can't trade him, start him - the alternative is far worse.

Marbury did have the same team as Kidd???????
Martin was injured virtually the whole season and Richard Jefferson was in college man!
DefAndReb
1/23/2005  6:19 PM
Jefferson wasn't there, but Martin was. He was not injured "virtually the whole season". He was there plenty. As a rookie, no doubt, but Martin was there enough.

Just keep making excuses. Marbury just isn't cut out to be a great PG. I've never said he was a "bad" player, just not a good PG. He can score, but can't defend, and most importantly, CANNOT COMMAND THE FLOOR. Why the Knicks put him and Crawford on the floor at the same time is beyond me (two guys who are all scoring, neither of whom can run an offense), but Isiah MUST know what he's doing, right? I take that back. Isiah is doing a pretty good job given the situation (bad contracts, bad payroll, bad owner) and I applaud him for making the team more watchable.

But the "East better watch out"?! Yeah, pencil the Knicks dates in, East teams, because those are winnable games for you guys.

[Edited by - DefAndReb on 01/23/2005 18:25:44]
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/23/2005  8:03 PM
Its Marbury's turn. Ewing was blamed when we didn't win championships. Camby was blamed, Houston was blamed, Sprewell was blamed why we continued to decline ever since we went to the finals. Now its Marbury's turn. Thats the responsibility he takes as the best player.

Its a team effort for this teams current struggle. Muhammad-KT-Sweetney aren't big or athletic enough to hold down the middle. They allways recover to slow and have limited shotblocking ability. They don't cover ground. Its not that they don't try but they just don't have those instincts, timing & attributes. Houston isn't dependable anymore because of his injury. Crawford got turf toe and came back in a shooting slump. Tim Thomas has fell off drastically. Marbury has played poor on the ball defense.

When the season started it was supposed to be Marbury-Houston-Crawford 3 guard rotation putting up around 55pts. Tim Thomas putting up 14-4. KT & Muhammad putting up 11-9 & 10-9. With Sweetney improving down low. JYD adding energy,hustle,defense. Penny & Baker giving quality contributions giving starters rest or covering for foul trouble. Marbury-KT-Muhammad-Sweetney are the only ones really bringing what was expected.

What can turn this team around is the continual improvement of Sweetney down low and the team continueing to feed him the ball. Replacing KT & Muhammad with better help defenders, shotblockers who cover ground. And hitting our open looks. Houston & TT coming back to form would be great but can't depend on them.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
The East better watch out, because we are still alive.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy