[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone else rooting for the Knicks to miss playoffs?
Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
1/22/2005  9:06 AM
Don't get me wrong, I want NY to win a championship... But I think NY will take a step closer by getting a high draft pick that will come from missing the playoffs.

C'mon be honest.
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/22/2005  9:07 AM
Let me add that if NY does make the playoffs, they won't make it far (obviously).
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/22/2005  9:39 AM
No, I still want them to get into playoffs.We would still get a first round pick and I'm confident that Isiah will find the right guy
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/22/2005  9:47 AM
Posted by matt:

No, I still want them to get into playoffs.We would still get a first round pick and I'm confident that Isiah will find the right guy
Exactly; even if the Knicks missed the playoffs, it would probably be just barely and they'd get like the 14th pick. It's extremely unlikely to get a star with that pick anyway. The Knicks will be more likely to improve using their expiring contracts over the summer. I'd like to see them get some experience in the playoffs and you never know what will happen in the playoffs anyway, especially if Isiah upgrades the roster a little during the season.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/22/2005  10:50 AM
If the Knicks miss the playoffs, they will more likely get the 11th pick, which is better than 15th pick they'd get for making the playoffs with the worst record of all playoff teams.

The Knicks should tank. They need more talent. The draft is the easiest way to get talent. I love Isiah, and he's a great talent evaluator - let's give him a chance to do what he arguably does best: draft. This is a lost season anyway.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/22/2005  11:17 AM
Posted by Mac:

But I think NY will take a step closer by getting a high draft pick that will come from missing the playoffs.
I'm pretty damn close to hoping they miss the playoffs. Very very close in fact. Unless we trade for Brand.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2005  11:22 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Mac:

But I think NY will take a step closer by getting a high draft pick that will come from missing the playoffs.
I'm pretty damn close to hoping they miss the playoffs. Very very close in fact. Unless we trade for Brand.

Blow it up!
SKY
Member: #687
USA
1/22/2005  12:41 PM
Yes, I am.

And I'm a big fan of the Knicks who, as a college student, spent close to $3,000 for tickets during the Ewing/Oakley/Starks era (instead of spending the money on my car or girls... no wonder I couldn't get laid then).

With the change of coaching, the mounting injuries, and lack of defense, I doubt that this team will make the play-offs anyways. I think Toronto and Boston are in better shape than us.

As for the draft, Knicks are ranked 11th from the BOTTOM of the league standing now, and I think some lower ranked teams like Denver, Toronto, Utah (with AK47 coming back) will end up with better records. If Philly adds Joe Johnson, they may improve quite a bit as well. I guess what I'm saying is that this team could get a top 5-8 pick, and if they choose to rebuild, they may get the top 3.

With the core of Marbury, Craw, Ariza, and Sweet, adding a top-flite C from the draft could jump-start this team next season and on. And think about what we could add with all the ending contracts... Let's just hope that Isiah doesn't **** up this great opportunity to make the team more competitive for years to come.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/22/2005  12:45 PM
No matter how high of a pick I would want, I will never be able to root for them to lose.
Closest I may come is if we were eliminated from the playoff hunt and still had some games at the end of the season.
As matt brought up, Isiah has made me feel comfortable with his drafting capabilities, I'm not desperate for a lottery pick.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/22/2005  12:57 PM
wed have to start trading pieces and cutting PT right now, including playing sundov Brewer Norris et al and there is NO way they will do this. they want to make the playoffs, everyone knows this. isiah and the knicks mangement thought they were an upper echlon team--they brought in a guy they thought was all star caliber to make up for houstons injury. Bottom line is although we arent good, we are on the doorsteps of the playoffs and one run from .500 from this point. Even if they flop in the next 10 and continue to spiral, they still wont except no playoffs. they need the revenue and they want to increase tickets, so they wont quit although they should.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/22/2005  12:59 PM
they wont..unless one of the other teams in the division make a big trade
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  1:04 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

wed have to start trading pieces and cutting PT right now, including playing sundov Brewer Norris et al and there is NO way they will do this. they want to make the playoffs, everyone knows this. isiah and the knicks mangement thought they were an upper echlon team--they brought in a guy they thought was all star caliber to make up for houstons injury. Bottom line is although we arent good, we are on the doorsteps of the playoffs and one run from .500 from this point. Even if they flop in the next 10 and continue to spiral, they still wont except no playoffs. they need the revenue and they want to increase tickets, so they wont quit although they should.

how about just playing brewer, sweetney and ariza more. if Moochie plays again then following this team will not be possible.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/22/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Mac:

Whats up with you and the infatuation you have for Elton Brand??

You act like this guy is the greatest player in the NBA..

HE's not even a top 5 frontcourt player in the NBA.. Slow down homeboy with your Elton Brand fantasies..
We don't need to slow Sweetney's growth by adding another starting 4..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  5:01 PM
Sweetney would have to go if we have any shot at Brand. Brand with Marbury and Crawford would be very good but we would still need Chandler or Kwame
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/22/2005  5:10 PM
I still want to make the playoffs.. Why backdown and regress. Hell No cause we're better than that..

LOOK, if Isiah's gonna get someone in the draft, it doesn't necessary have to be a top 5 pick..

Look @ last yr, HE didn't have a 1st round pick but still ended up choosing Ariza which according to other G.M.'s in the league, considered the pick a steal..

Listen, Isiah has an eye for talent... If the Knicks ended up with the 14th, 18th or even 21st pick, somehow Isiah would find himself a GEM.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/22/2005  5:24 PM
listen, the only change you can make is trading or benching kurt. nothing else can be done and the back-end of the bench is not a factor in wins or losses. so even if you start sweetney and ariza, that doesn't guarantee anything in terms of losses.

this whole "root to lose" philosphy is easier said that done and is all BULLSH*T. look at the roster. we will be around 30 AT THE WORST. i mean seriously, there's nothing we can do other than trade marbury if you want to "tank" and that's not even conceivable nor should even enter anybody's head right now. it's WAY too early for that.

you slide sweets to the 4 and ariza at the 3 - the team will still play hard, especially those two. heck, we may actually be better than with tim/jyd and kurt starting. so there's nothing we can do about it. we are not BAD enough to "tank" nor will i "root" for my team to lose. absolute bull****.

i say this b/c, you know, i KNOW WHO THE F IS ON OUR ROSTER. not just blindly say "tank". tanking is when you have one superstar and he gets hurt for the season (i.e. david robinson) which is not the situation we're in.
gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2005  5:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

listen, the only change you can make is trading or benching kurt. nothing else can be done and the back-end of the bench is not a factor in wins or losses. so even if you start sweetney and ariza, that doesn't guarantee anything in terms of losses.

this whole "root to lose" philosphy is easier said that done and is all BULLSH*T. look at the roster. we will be around 30 AT THE WORST. i mean seriously, there's nothing we can do other than trade marbury if you want to "tank" and that's not even conceivable nor should even enter anybody's head right now. it's WAY too early for that.

you slide sweets to the 4 and ariza at the 3 - the team will still play hard, especially those two. heck, we may actually be better than with tim/jyd and kurt starting. so there's nothing we can do about it. we are not BAD enough to "tank" nor will i "root" for my team to lose. absolute bull****.

i say this b/c, you know, i KNOW WHO THE F IS ON OUR ROSTER. not just blindly say "tank". tanking is when you have one superstar and he gets hurt for the season (i.e. david robinson) which is not the situation we're in.

great post! thanks for making sense
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/22/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Mac:

i feel the same way... it's clear that this team will not be the team we all hoped it would be at the start of the season... maybe a better pick would help us better down the road than a 1st round exit in the playoffs again?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/23/2005  3:56 AM
I never root for the Knicks to loose, but we need to hit the jackpot in the lottery, for once, and it could be a short and long term answer for this team.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/23/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I never root for the Knicks to loose, but we need to hit the jackpot in the lottery, for once, and it could be a short and long term answer for this team.

To get who???? there aint no LEbron's or Duncan in this yrs lottery..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Anyone else rooting for the Knicks to miss playoffs?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy