[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grumblings on Houston....with a plea!
Author Thread
HoustonIsSoft
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #219
3/6/2002  5:01 PM
Well, I guess from my handle, you know what I think of Houston. Watching the game last night, Walt was saying how Houston should get to the line 6-7 times a game, but does't cause he doesn't drive. Why??? I've been saying that since he's gotten here. I don't get it. Why doesn't he work on that part of his game a bit over the summer? Start to penetrate. That's the whole problem with the Knicks, NO ONE can penetrate. OK, Spree can, but he's best going to his right, he can be dealt with to his left. Alright, so Houston doesn't have a handle on the ball as a lot of other shooting guards out there. He moves smoothly and swiftly, not FAST and won't break someone out of their shoes, but you know what? Neither is Van Horn and every game I watch, he gets his shots, has some spin moves that creates space for himself and creates shots. Ok, Van Horn is a forward and Houston a guard, but they still have a similar style. Why doesn't Houston try to improve that area of his game? I don't get it. If Houston had someone like Jason Kidd on his team, he'd be deadly cause he'd get a lot of kick out threes and set jumpers.

And now my plea:

Alan, I know you wish you had a point guard to get you the ball, but look at the circumstances, you don't. So, become a man, work your ass off this summer, learn how to get in the lane and attack. Get a pair of balls man! If you believe in God so strongly, do you actually think he would let you get pounded on in the lane? OK, maybe you'll get an elbow to the head, but so what? Don't look at your teamate Camby and think you'll go down like him. Your like 100 pounds heavier than him. Ok, maybe, not but Marcus doesn't drink milk like you do. Not to bring up the money, but c'mon man, your making 100 million!! Don't you think you owe it to yourself and your fans to become a complete player? I say this to you, not to diss you, not to harass you, but to try to stir up some sort of fire in your ass, cause you have skill, you can be great every night.....I just think you need to want it.

Feels good to get it out there, whew!
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/6/2002  7:38 PM
Posted by HoustonIsSoft:

Well, I guess from my handle, you know what I think of Houston. Watching the game last night, Walt was saying how Houston should get to the line 6-7 times a game, but does't cause he doesn't drive. Why??? I've been saying that since he's gotten here. I don't get it. Why doesn't he work on that part of his game a bit over the summer? Start to penetrate. That's the whole problem with the Knicks, NO ONE can penetrate. OK, Spree can, but he's best going to his right, he can be dealt with to his left. Alright, so Houston doesn't have a handle on the ball as a lot of other shooting guards out there. He moves smoothly and swiftly, not FAST and won't break someone out of their shoes, but you know what? Neither is Van Horn and every game I watch, he gets his shots, has some spin moves that creates space for himself and creates shots. Ok, Van Horn is a forward and Houston a guard, but they still have a similar style. Why doesn't Houston try to improve that area of his game? I don't get it. If Houston had someone like Jason Kidd on his team, he'd be deadly cause he'd get a lot of kick out threes and set jumpers.

And now my plea:

Alan, I know you wish you had a point guard to get you the ball, but look at the circumstances, you don't. So, become a man, work your ass off this summer, learn how to get in the lane and attack. Get a pair of balls man! If you believe in God so strongly, do you actually think he would let you get pounded on in the lane? OK, maybe you'll get an elbow to the head, but so what? Don't look at your teamate Camby and think you'll go down like him. Your like 100 pounds heavier than him. Ok, maybe, not but Marcus doesn't drink milk like you do. Not to bring up the money, but c'mon man, your making 100 million!! Don't you think you owe it to yourself and your fans to become a complete player? I say this to you, not to diss you, not to harass you, but to try to stir up some sort of fire in your ass, cause you have skill, you can be great every night.....I just think you need to want it.

Feels good to get it out there, whew!
you want him to slash like ray allen. Yes. I agree.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/6/2002  11:02 PM
Houston's is not mentally strong enough to drive to the rack. Maybe we should get a coach that will force him to drive or something...
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
3/7/2002  9:13 AM
I agree that Houston is one-dimensional. After reading one of the articles (I think is was Ian O'conner) from the Journal News, I think that the whole team ought to re-negotiate their contracts, taking a 50% pay cut. If these guys had any pride at all, getting paid the amount they are getting paid and producing the way they are, would make me want to make sure I was not recognized at all around the league and certainly not in NYC. Of course, you can't blame them entirely. Management should also take 50% pay cuts or maybe more. Then at least everyone would be in the same dilemma. The futility of it all just amazes me. New York needs a team, and right now the Knicks and Yankees are the only ones playing in the city. At least the Yankees go out and improve themselves. Hire George - or let him buy the team. I don't think you would then have the situation the Knicks have today - three decades without a RING. ARRRRRG!!!!!!
The Old Man of UK...
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/8/2002  4:01 AM
I don't think you can re-structure contracts under the new CBA...
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/8/2002  10:12 AM
wait....VG? That really wouldn't work under the CBA? haha...Can't you tell when someone is making an attempt at humor? Of course UKDAD knows that wouldn't work.
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
Grumblings on Houston....with a plea!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy