[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antoine Walker 2 the Knicksssss
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
1/21/2005  4:18 PM
w/out a dought i take walker. we dont need rose on this team, he is the wrong guy, id rather hold off and either let ariza develop in 2 starter, or draft some1 like warrick, 2 fix our sf problems. walker just fits this team way better, rem how bad crawford and rose were 2gether the 1st time?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2005  4:19 PM
Posted by TMS:

Rose or Walker, who would you guys rather add to this current roster? Rose has 2 years left on his deal & it would probably take alot less to get him, but Walker is a better player overall imo & he has an expiring contract, which means it will take more to get him.

Both!!!!

All we need is some pixie dust. Or Angel dust from the guys that think KT is good in the pick and roll while too good on defense to get Walker....and that Rose isn't an impact player.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/21/2005  6:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by TMS:

Rose or Walker, who would you guys rather add to this current roster? Rose has 2 years left on his deal & it would probably take alot less to get him, but Walker is a better player overall imo & he has an expiring contract, which means it will take more to get him.

Both!!!!

All we need is some pixie dust. Or Angel dust from the guys that think KT is good in the pick and roll while too good on defense to get Walker....and that Rose isn't an impact player.
I'd gladly take both too, but if I had to pick only one, I'd pick Walker also.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/21/2005  7:30 PM
The hell with this. I want both: Walker and Rose. Timmy proved that he doesn't want to play this season, while Rose has been trying to do his things...
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
1/21/2005  9:16 PM
Jalen can really play. He just scored 32 pts, 6 assists, 5 rbs off the bench tonight. He'd be our team's 2nd best player

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01/21/2005 21:19:02]
rojasmas
Member: #639
1/21/2005  10:37 PM
Come on man. Jalen Rose and Antoine Walker? Is this what it has come down to? These guys are what is wrong with the NBA. Maybe I should just stop watching. DEE-FENSE! Ring a bell? It ain't going to happen with those two. Role players and two scorers will win you fifty games in the Least.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/21/2005  10:57 PM
You really think Jalen/Walker are what this team needs? I'd quicker give the minutes to Sweetney and Ariza. A
s roja just brought up, we need defense, which neither of those guys bring.
People get mad with Crawford's shot selection, and yet we should be going after Walker? Something about that seems strange to me.

Anyone remember about not making hastey moves? Whatever happened to the Swift/Dalembert dreams? Atleast those I could get on board with.
Bonn1997
USA
1/21/2005  11:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with Rose's defense. It's about average. It's better than any SG or SF we have (unless you count JYD as an SF).
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/22/2005  9:28 PM
i agree, we need defensive minded player... i was just asking the hypothetical... if i had to choose i'd probably take Walker, but it would take alot less to get Rose, so i might opt for that instead.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/22/2005  9:50 PM
HAte to tell ya folks but Rose and Walker aren't coming here.. Isiah is better than that.. It's a smoke screen!!

Bringing these guys here will only show that we're still in this quick fix method...

WHat the hell do we need those two guys over here... They're not gonna help us get a championship..

Isiah is thinking long-term !!!! These two are not the answer...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/22/2005  10:06 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Who is gonna care if Walker and Rose can play defense when the Knicks are taking Pheonix to the limit.....

Homeboy, Wake Up!!!! we all know S.A. is the best team in the west.. Oh guess what?? They play defense and are listed #1 in the league..
I want both players in the worst way.....it could happen but some crazy stuff is gonna have to happen....

We can tell that you're very impatient, unlike Isiah.. Thats why you would never be a good G.M.

Forget defense.....defense only matters when the last 5 minutes are on the clock.....Rose and Walker would give the Knicks the talent to play the big defense and actually make the opposition fall back!!!!

A very very poor statement and comment about defense on your part. As Bill Russell who was one of the greatest defensive players of all time said " Offense wins games, Defense wins Championship"

Walker and Rose !!!!!!!! Go get them Isiah!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, Isiah will not get them.. All this is, is a smoke screen.. Isiah is not looking for a quick fix short-term solution.. He's looking to build a winner long-term wise... Rose and Walker are not in the plans for the Knicks..

[Edited by - enyspree on 01/21/2005 16:17:04]

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 01/22/2005 22:09:18]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
EnySpree

1/22/2005  10:21 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by EnySpree:

Who is gonna care if Walker and Rose can play defense when the Knicks are taking Pheonix to the limit.....

Homeboy, Wake Up!!!! we all know S.A. is the best team in the west.. Oh guess what?? They play defense and are listed #1 in the league..
I want both players in the worst way.....it could happen but some crazy stuff is gonna have to happen....

We can tell that you're very impatient, unlike Isiah.. Thats why you would never be a good G.M.

Forget defense.....defense only matters when the last 5 minutes are on the clock.....Rose and Walker would give the Knicks the talent to play the big defense and actually make the opposition fall back!!!!

A very very poor statement and comment about defense on your part. As Bill Russell who was one of the greatest defensive players of all time said " Offense wins games, Defense wins Championship"

NO, Isiah will not get them.. All this is, is a smoke screen.. Isiah is not looking for a quick fix short-term solution.. He's looking to build a winner long-term wise... Rose and Walker are not in the plans for the Knicks..

You guys are in love with me huh?

Walker just helped Atlanta beat Boston tonight. Walker put the dagger in the back with a niffty step back dribble and jump shot.

Knicks need good players.........Didn't Bill Russell say that also?

You can't win without good players.

Defense will come if the team is focused. San Antonio plays good team defense and happen to have Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan on the team. No one else on the Spurs are actually known for playing lock em' down defense. Together as a team they got it.

To play good defense you need players that can move laterally and actually have some athletic ability to keep it up.

Houston is the worst defensive shooting guard in the league right now. Craw is good in spurts. Marbs can't keep anyone in front of him.
KT get's so much credit for being a good defensive player but hasn't actually stopped anybody down low in months.
JYD, Ariza and Sweetney play good defense but get beat alot because the rest of the team isn't on the same page as they are.

So besides Walker and Rose......who should the Knicks go after? I personally think they have the skill on offense and the mobility to actually improve the overall team defense.

Some thing has to be done....if signing Kwame or someone like that is the plan then the Knicks should tear it down but if the Knicks are trying to win games.....and eventually compete for championships they need to find some good players that can make plays on both sides of the ball cuz the Knicks need help with both.

Smart arse.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/22/2005  10:34 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Come on man. Jalen Rose and Antoine Walker? Is this what it has come down to? These guys are what is wrong with the NBA. Maybe I should just stop watching. DEE-FENSE! Ring a bell? It ain't going to happen with those two. Role players and two scorers will win you fifty games in the Least.

I don't understant this statement. Defense wins championships.....yeah but if you are playing good defense but can't score you still lose.

The recient games against the Bulls, Toronto and Houston the Knicks lead mostly throughout those games......what happened was in the last 6 minutes of games when other teams turn it up the Knicks can't make opposing teams work hard enough on defense. The Knicks can't buy a bucket when it counts. If the Knicks had players that could actually make plays on offense the Knicks would be better off.

When Marbs passed up that shot against Houston that just proved it. These Knicks have no clue what to do. Marbs used to take games over....he looks unsure and when he drives all he has is guys spotting up. No one can create a shot for themselves.

Knicks need to get more talented on offense. The coach can worry about defense. First you need good mobile, athletic players to be able to do that.

Scratch KT and Timmy and insert Walker and Rose and the Knicks get better on offense because they can create shots for themselves and for others.....on defense they provide more mobility to make whatever scheme the coach has work.

Since when does adding Walker and Rose to a team make you worse than having KT and Timmy? I just do not understand this.
EnySpree

1/22/2005  10:40 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

w/out a dought i take walker. we dont need rose on this team, he is the wrong guy, id rather hold off and either let ariza develop in 2 starter, or draft some1 like warrick, 2 fix our sf problems. walker just fits this team way better, rem how bad crawford and rose were 2gether the 1st time?

Well if the Knicks had Rose and Ariza wouldn't that make the Knicks better? Ariza ain't gonna be what we think he will be for a few seasons. Rose left but somewhere in those three year Ariza will blossom......that is a plus.

I like just like the idea of having 4 ball handlers in the starting line-up. Rose if he was starting would easily average 4 assists per.....Walker always gets 4-5 assists per.....it's a good mix.

I personally would like the Knicks to get some players now to run with Marbs......He's 28.....before you know it he will be 32 and washed up. Waiting for Ariza Sweets or other draft picks or young free agents to blossom will most likely take 2-3 years.....

If you are talking getting Warrick or a guy I like like Bogut...then the Knicks have to think in the opposite direction and try to trade off Craw, Marbs and KT for either more cap space or picks......To me there is no in between. If you are trying to win you get good players.....if you wanna play the waiting game and try to wait for Ariza and Sweetns to develop along with trying to draft someone....you need to do it all the way.

[Edited by - enyspree on 01/22/2005 22:48:31]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/22/2005  10:42 PM
I definitely agree with you my friend. At this point of the season, we need guys that can create, and Kurt is definitely not that. I used to think that TT was exactly what we needed, but not anymore. After 38 games he is sill in a funk....
The true Knickabocker..........
rojasmas
Member: #639
1/23/2005  12:24 AM
Right now everyone is piling on the Knicks. Remember, Crawford hadn't played in close to a month and TT has been injured. Let alone Houston has been gimpy for god knows how long. So of course we have had trouble scoring of late. A quick fix for Rose and Walker wouldn't significantly upgrade our team in my opinion. TT believe it or not, does play decent defense of late when he is healthy. McGrady wasn't doing much until JYD started playing him. Crawford is going to give you 18 a game when healthy and play no defense. Just like Walker or Rose would. TT will give you 14 and 4 before the year is done. So what's the big deal with adding either of those two?
The team I see that is on the right track is Chicago. I watched them play Detroit tonight and beat them. Heinrich will be an All-Star. Gordon is the equivalent of Crawford already. They have Antonio Davis to blend with the youth up front and are only missing a decent small forward.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/23/2005  8:42 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by EnySpree:

You guys are in love with me huh?

NOPE!

Walker just helped Atlanta beat Boston tonight. Walker put the dagger in the back with a niffty step back dribble and jump shot.

What is Atlanta's record!!! ok, Thank you!!! Antoine Walker got no F#%k*&g heart. After Kenyon Martin made him his personal Beeocth, i lost respect for him and he takes too many freakin 3's. A very selfish player.. Thats why Boston threw his A$$ outta there..

Knicks need good players.........Didn't Bill Russell say that also?
No he didn't say it and the knicks do have players that can play..

Defense will come if the team is focused. San Antonio plays good team defense and happen to have Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan on the team. No one else on the Spurs are actually known for playing lock em' down defense. Together as a team they got it.

You still haven't been paying attention....
Hate to tell ya but besides Duncan And Bowen, Ginobili has the capablities in shutting you down.. Horry and Devin brown can also play very good defense.
To play good defense you need players that can move laterally and actually have some athletic ability to keep it up.

There is more into playing good defense!! You also need to have the defensive concept in tact, play intelligently as a unit and have that defensive intensity/killer instinct.

So besides Walker and Rose......who should the Knicks go after? I personally think they have the skill on offense and the mobility to actually improve the overall team defense.

They need Size an d rebounding in the froncourt particularly one who can patrol the middle and block shots. Ex. ben gordon, scott padgett both scored with ease in the middle. Now why would isiah waste his time getting those two nitwits?? You obviously weren't paying attention.. QUICKFIX SOLUTION SHORT TERM IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM!!!! Isiah is trying to create a team for the long-term. He has a vision but those two are not in it..

Some thing has to be done....if signing Kwame or someone like that is the plan then the Knicks should tear it down but if the Knicks are trying to win games.....and eventually compete for championships they need to find some good players that can make plays on both sides of the ball cuz the Knicks need help with both.

Knicks are averaging 95 pts per game. . that pretty efficient on the offensive end but on defense they're allowing over 97 pts a game which is too much. They are also 2nd to last in opp. field goal pct which must improve during the season. They have enough scorers on the team, it's the defense that must improve...

MArbury and Crawford aren't good defenders but if you can improve your frontcourt with size and rebounding defensive players, Marbury and crawford would'nt be so bad defensively..

Smart arse.
If anyone is a smart Arse, it's you!! You're the one that wants Loser Walker and Rose over here thinking that might make us a championship calibur team.. Don't think so......

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 01/23/2005 08:46:24]

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 01/23/2005 08:47:36]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
EnySpree

1/23/2005  11:56 AM
The Knicks average 95 points per....I wonder what they have been averaging in the forth quarter.....especially in the last 10 games?

The Knicks lack players that can create their own shot. KT is out on the perimeter when he should be inside. Timmy has been a bum with excuses.....first it was family issues then now it's injury.

I'm not into fixes either. I just know a retard would welcome Walker and Rose to replace KT and Timmy.

All the talk about defense is annoying. Duh the Knicks can't defend......They can't defend for a reason. They lack the quickness and athletic ability to be effective everynight.

Besides defense you have to score....if you are going out there as a team with the mindset of if you don't stop them you will lose....then you will never be win anything.

My way of thinking is get the talent first and then let the coach worry about defense. Walker is the only power fwd with such a complete game offensively. He can do it all and he respects the game and always plays hard. Rose is another player that has ice in his veins and has a will to win and to have his name mentioned around champions....

Defense is the coaches job.

Credit Greg Pop for the Spurs Defense......they have an understanding of what they are supposed to be doing.....it only works if the players have the talent to do it.

If Walker and Rose were so some how become Knicks the game would become fun again for the Knicks and the defense will come.

The Knicks are where they are because they suck......not just on defense.

Knicks need talent....period.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  12:01 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by rojasmas:

I don't understant this statement. Defense wins championships.....yeah but if you are playing good defense but can't score you still lose.

The recient games against the Bulls, Toronto and Houston the Knicks lead mostly throughout those games......what happened was in the last 6 minutes of games when other teams turn it up the Knicks can't make opposing teams work hard enough on defense. The Knicks can't buy a bucket when it counts. If the Knicks had players that could actually make plays on offense the Knicks would be better off.

When Marbs passed up that shot against Houston that just proved it. These Knicks have no clue what to do. Marbs used to take games over....he looks unsure and when he drives all he has is guys spotting up. No one can create a shot for themselves.

Knicks need to get more talented on offense. The coach can worry about defense. First you need good mobile, athletic players to be able to do that.

Scratch KT and Timmy and insert Walker and Rose and the Knicks get better on offense because they can create shots for themselves and for others.....on defense they provide more mobility to make whatever scheme the coach has work.

Since when does adding Walker and Rose to a team make you worse than having KT and Timmy? I just do not understand this.

I agree wholeheartedly! the fact that we have to rely on Kurt Thomas's jumper late in games when the defense clamps up and he always misses instead of going inside/outside with Sweetney is a serious problem and one of the biggest reason for all the collapses.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/23/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

The Knicks average 95 points per....I wonder what they have been averaging in the forth quarter.....especially in the last 10 games?

The Knicks lack players that can create their own shot. KT is out on the perimeter when he should be inside. Timmy has been a bum with excuses.....first it was family issues then now it's injury.

I'm not into fixes either. I just know a retard would welcome Walker and Rose to replace KT and Timmy.

All the talk about defense is annoying. Duh the Knicks can't defend......They can't defend for a reason. They lack the quickness and athletic ability to be effective everynight.

Besides defense you have to score....if you are going out there as a team with the mindset of if you don't stop them you will lose....then you will never be win anything.

My way of thinking is get the talent first and then let the coach worry about defense. Walker is the only power fwd with such a complete game offensively. He can do it all and he respects the game and always plays hard. Rose is another player that has ice in his veins and has a will to win and to have his name mentioned around champions....

Defense is the coaches job.

Credit Greg Pop for the Spurs Defense......they have an understanding of what they are supposed to be doing.....it only works if the players have the talent to do it.

If Walker and Rose were so some how become Knicks the game would become fun again for the Knicks and the defense will come.

The Knicks are where they are because they suck......not just on defense.

Knicks need talent....period.

I prefer Rose and Donyell. Rose and walker would be a little too much!
Antoine Walker 2 the Knicksssss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy