[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antoine Walker 2 the Knicksssss
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/21/2005  9:14 AM
Yeah, Yeah, finally this deal will go down this season. I hate Walker's game, but he is a far better player than Kurt Thomas and TT combined....At this point, our team needs a real baller to play the 4 spot this season, a player that can consistantly score 20 pts per game. I know that he takes a lot of crazy shots, but his shots are much better than Kurt's. He is much more valuable and more athletic than Kurt. His presence alone will make Marburry a much better player, which could force the much hated Lenny to finally find an identity for his team.. With Walker, we will definitely be able to push the ball upcourt, because he has excellent handling skills....

Damn folks, I am dreaming please wake me up when it happens.....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/21/2005  9:21 AM
There was some info on this in Peter V. article.

http://nypost.com/sports/38952.htm

Despite denials out of Boston, the Celtics' intentions regarding rising free agent Antoine Walker are indeed honorable. They also can provide enough expiring and humble contracts to meet trade requirements. The snags? The Hawks demand rookie Al Jefferson or a first-round pick be included in the mix. It appears that's not going to happen. Ownership has expressed its unwillingness to re-sign Walker. As always, the Knicks are angling to turn this into a three-way affair where they wind up cuddling with Walker.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/21/2005  9:40 AM
It's amusing to read how David Falk could impact Jalen Rose's possible trade to the Knicks because of the agent's established feud with Isiah Thomas. Not only does Arn Tellem now represent Rose, but also sources disclose he's been intimately involved in negotiations with the Raptors in an effort to get his client moved, New York being a prime objective.

Carlos Arroyo, reduced to fourth point status (DNP-coach's decision, four straight games) for not conforming to Jerry Sloan's team concept and refusing to back off his macho stance, will be traded, but positively not to the Clippers. Look for the Pistons to get him today for Elden Campbell and a future first-round pick.

Despite denials out of Boston, the Celtics' intentions regarding rising free agent Antoine Walker are indeed honorable. They also can provide enough expiring and humble contracts to meet trade requirements. The snags? The Hawks demand rookie Al Jefferson or a first-round pick be included in the mix. It appears that's not going to happen. Ownership has expressed its unwillingness to re-sign Walker. As always, the Knicks are angling to turn this into a three-way affair where they wind up cuddling with Walker.

Should the Celtics fail to make any kind of a vivid addition or subtraction (Paul Pierce is liable to be relocated no matter what management mouths) by the Feb. 24 trad ing deadline, Danny Ainge, his trigger finger twitchin' like never before, is almost required to trade Gary Payton while he can still get something for his free agent-in-waiting.

So much for the Age of Aquarius, where Jupiter aligns with Mars, it's high time for the Knicks to align with a division they can win. Dead Team Walking, which begins a four-game home stand tonight against the Rockettes before embarking on a six-game roadie, is a lock to get the better of no one . . . except, of course, ticket holders.

They don't make the key shot or, at the very least, the key stop, once a franchise trademark. I don't want to suggest Lenny Wilkens may be on borrowed time, but Dick Helm is no longer taking his calls.

i wonder if Isiah could make an offer to get Carlos Arroyo from Utah?

how about KT, Moochie, cash & 2nd round pick for Arroyo & Harpring? that would really solidify our backup PG position & get us the tough SF who can also shoot that we need.

C - Nazr / Baker
PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - Harpring / Ariza / TT
SG - Crawford / Houston
PG - Marbury / Arroyo / Brewer
IR - Penny / Sundov

what do you guys think?

[Edited by - TMS on 01/21/2005 09:42:14]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/21/2005  9:56 AM
Posted by TMS:

It's amusing to read how David Falk could impact Jalen Rose's possible trade to the Knicks because of the agent's established feud with Isiah Thomas. Not only does Arn Tellem now represent Rose, but also sources disclose he's been intimately involved in negotiations with the Raptors in an effort to get his client moved, New York being a prime objective.

Carlos Arroyo, reduced to fourth point status (DNP-coach's decision, four straight games) for not conforming to Jerry Sloan's team concept and refusing to back off his macho stance, will be traded, but positively not to the Clippers. Look for the Pistons to get him today for Elden Campbell and a future first-round pick.

Should the Celtics fail to make any kind of a vivid addition or subtraction (Paul Pierce is liable to be relocated no matter what management mouths) by the Feb. 24 trad ing deadline, Danny Ainge, his trigger finger twitchin' like never before, is almost required to trade Gary Payton while he can still get something for his free agent-in-waiting.

So much for the Age of Aquarius, where Jupiter aligns with Mars, it's high time for the Knicks to align with a division they can win. Dead Team Walking, which begins a four-game home stand tonight against the Rockettes before embarking on a six-game roadie, is a lock to get the better of no one . . . except, of course, ticket holders.

They don't make the key shot or, at the very least, the key stop, once a franchise trademark. I don't want to suggest Lenny Wilkens may be on borrowed time, but Dick Helm is no longer taking his calls.

i wonder if Isiah could make an offer to get Carlos Arroyo from Utah?

how about KT, Moochie, cash & 2nd round pick for Arroyo & Harpring? that would really solidify our backup PG position & get us the tough SF who can also shoot that we need.

C - Nazr / Baker
PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - Harpring / Ariza / TT
SG - Crawford / Houston
PG - Marbury / Arroyo / Brewer
IR - Penny / Sundov

what do you guys think?

[Edited by - TMS on 01/21/2005 09:42:14]
I love it. Does it work though?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/21/2005  9:57 AM
Arroyo is unhappy because he wants to start and get lots of playing time. I would just see him being unhappy here behind Marbury....but I wouldn't mind having him on the team.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
USA
1/21/2005  10:04 AM
How does that deal help us????? We need Frontcourt help not backcourt..
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  10:18 AM
are you kidding me? you're happy w/Moochie & Brewer as the backup PG's on this team? we sure as hell could use a guy like Arroyo who can break down a defense & score, especially w/Marbury playing so many minutes in games & wearing down in crunchtime.

& Harpring would add some great toughness to the 3 spot, which we are severely lacking right now w/TT...Ariza is way too slim to bang w/the more physical 3's in the league...Harpring rebounds well for his height & plays good defense, & can shoot the ball, so you add another weapon to the mix.

get rid of KT & start Sweetney...i don't see us losing any rebounding at all in that scenario...KT is a jumpshooter anyway...we need someone to play in the post...starting Sweetney would upgrade us from that standpoint alone...JYD is a more than capable backup at the 4 as well, & his defense is every bit as good if not better than KT's imho...the frontcourt issues don't get affected negatively in this scenario.

the sticking point is like someone mentioned, would Arroyo be happy in a backup role? but right now he's not even seeing ANY playing time...anyway, if he's traded, he has no choice in the matter regardless...w/Houston's knee a big question mark going forward, i would imagine that Marbury could see more minutes as a 2 as well, so Arroyo could be incorporated into that 3 G rotation.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/21/2005 10:20:36]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/21/2005  12:05 PM
I love that trade idea but something tells me Isiah would never even consider it because he'll be too busy going after Rose and Walker
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I love it. Does it work though?

had to tweak it, but it works in premise:

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.3 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (2.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.1 minutes)
C Bruno Sundov (2.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 4.7 minutes)
New York receives: SF Matt Harpring (13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.2 minutes)
PG Carlos Arroyo (8.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 24.7 minutes)
C Jarron Collins (4.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +10.0 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Utah trades: SF Matt Harpring (13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.2 minutes)
PG Carlos Arroyo (8.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 24.7 minutes)
C Jarron Collins (4.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Utah receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.3 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (2.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.1 minutes)
C Bruno Sundov (2.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 4.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -10.0 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

throw a 2nd round pick & cash Utah's way to even it out.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/21/2005 12:33:51]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/21/2005  12:36 PM
though toine is a talent upgrade, i do not want him on this team. i would've taken him last year when we had ZERO ball handlers but not now. there's not enough basketballs to satisfy marbury, crawford, and toine. with crawford shot's selection AND toine's, we would be looking at even more blowouts. he doesn't fit this team.

no need to make a splash move now. a simple move like kurt for patterson but nothing crazy.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/21/2005  12:49 PM
why would Utah trade one of its few outside shooters (Harpring) for another power forward when they have Boozer and AK47? Please, this trade makes no sense. Then you want to throw in Arroyo who actually has trade value? If you threw in our first round pick (ya know, the one that will be in the lottery), I could see it happening. Otherwise, no.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  12:51 PM
AK47 is NOT a PF, please...he's a 3...they are deep at the 3 w/Kris Humpheries & Kirk Snyder there as his backups...they can afford to trade Harpring...KT addresses their need for a veteran PF to back up Boozer & add some frontcourt D to their roster.

as for their supposed "lack" of outside shooters, they have Giricek, Bell & Lopez who can all shoot from the perimeter.

Arroyo is in Sloan's doghouse & they could use a team player like Moochie to back up the PG spot as a fill-in...the cash & 2nd round pick helps to offset the extra year on Moochie's contract.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/21/2005 12:54:34]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/21/2005  12:56 PM
Posted by TMS:

AK47 is NOT a PF, please...he's a 3...they are deep at the 3 w/Kris Humpheries & Kirk Snyder there as his backups...they can afford to trade Harpring...KT addresses their need for a veteran PF to back up Boozer & add some frontcourt D to their roster.

Arroyo is in Sloan's doghouse & they could use a team player like Moochie to back up the PG spot as a fill-in...the cash & 2nd round pick helps to offset the extra year on Moochie's contract.

AK is a three? REALLY? Excuse me, did you see him try to guard Tim Thomas in the Garden during this year's pre-season game? AK-47 is a prototypical power forward. He isn't anywhere near quick enough to guard the elite 3s in this league like Melo, Pierce, Tmac. He can recover with his amazing shot blocking ability when a guy blows by him, but he was getting beaten repeatedly on the perimeter this year when he was playing. He's not a true SF, he's playing out of position, which is why I still don't understand their signing of Boozer.

Also, Utah has no other outside shooting. And, yeah, they have lots of young guys at the SF, but none of them have played well yet.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  1:03 PM
i totally disagree w/ur assessment of AK47.

but anyway, this is moot since Arroyo was just traded to DET.
diderotn
USA
1/21/2005  1:05 PM
We don't need Utah as a trade partner, maybe as a third team to entice another partner to pull the trigger on a three way. Teams that we need to be dealing with are as follow: Chicago (long shot), Minesota, Denver, Toronto, the Kings, San Antonio, and perhaps the Lakers. That is about it. We already know that Chris Millin, Boston, and Indiana will not do business with us, let's not even approach them to waist our time.......Another team that we might consider dealing with will be the Wizz or the Bobcats.

If we can get Toine, Kandi, and Zerbiak or Rose this season, Isiah will be the freaking man....Does he have what it will take to make it happen, I think so....Kurt for Kandi straight up, TT for Walker, Penny for Rose. Minesota is hurting and needs help in the worst way, Kurt can definitely provide that to them instead of Irvin Johnson or Kandi. TT for Walker is also a wash because TT's contract would come off their payroll next season, but he is still young and talented enough to be resigned for cheap. Penny for Rose is a definite no brainer. However, if the Raptors really want to do this deal, they may offer Marshal and Rose for Penny and someone else.....

[Edited by - diderotn on 01/21/2005 13:14:15]
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  1:10 PM
i think Isiah is keeping all his options open & not just looking at a select few to try to work out deals with.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/21/2005  2:33 PM
[

If we can get Toine, Kandi, and Zerbiak or Rose this season, Isiah will be the freaking man....Does he have what it will take to make it happen, I think so....Kurt for Kandi straight up, TT for Walker, Penny for Rose.
[Edited by - diderotn on 01/21/2005 13:14:15]

HELL NOOOOO!! Walker can't dee up even if his family lives were on the line and he takes way too many 3's.. He tends to kill a teams offensive groove

Kurt for Kandi, PLUEZZZZE!!! Kandi man sucks and got no freakin heart!!!

Penney for Rose, not bad of a trrade even though rose is a severe headcase.. He's hardcore though....
The Future. GO KNICKS!
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
1/21/2005  3:49 PM
im not a walker fan but i can c where he woud fit in on this team. wat is marbury's best move? pick and roll, and wat is walkers strength that he has over many other pf's, he can shoot, i think some good chemistry could develop btween them if walker is brought 2 the knicks. his defense is bad, but w/good coaching he is somewat containable, rem he playd on a good defensive team in boston, so u can hav a good defensive team, u just need 2 hav other good defenders surr him. this goes bak in my mind 2 lenny needing 2 go, he just is too laid bak 4 wat the knicks need. but bak 2 the point walker is a guy who puts up bad shots and can be erratic but he coud prob play well here, and just rem, he prob looks worse this year cause of where he plays, he woudnt be taking ALL those bad shots we hav seen him take if he were on a better team.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2005  4:15 PM
Who is gonna care if Walker and Rose can play defense when the Knicks are taking Pheonix to the limit.....

I want both players in the worst way.....it could happen but some crazy stuff is gonna have to happen....

KT is so good in the pick and roll....that is so stupid. KT can shoot but he is ineffective if there is a mobile defender on him.

Walker does everything KT does as far as rebounds and blocks.....what makes Walker so attractive to me is the fact he can play the point. Not many power fwds can keep up with him when he is running down the court leading the break. That to me is awesome. Walker is not scared to make or miss the big hot either.....i'm glad I stopped smoking because some of you guys are really on that stuff.

Rose also can run the point from 3 differnt positions.

Imagine Rose and Walker on the Knicks with Marbs and Craw? That would be 3 ball handlers. Whoever gets the rock could run the offense. That would spell trouble for other teams.....

Forget defense.....defense only matters when the last 5 minutes are on the clock.....Rose and Walker would give the Knicks the talent to play the big defense and actually make the opposition fall back!!!!

Walker and Rose !!!!!!!! Go get them Isiah!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE KOOL AID!!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 01/21/2005 16:17:04]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
USA
1/21/2005  4:15 PM
Rose or Walker, who would you guys rather add to this current roster? Rose has 2 years left on his deal & it would probably take alot less to get him, but Walker is a better player overall imo & he has an expiring contract, which means it will take more to get him.
Antoine Walker 2 the Knicksssss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy