[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chris Marcus
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/5/2002  10:27 PM
Check this guy out on ESPN right now, WKU versus LAF.

Marcus has the sweetest jump hook i've seen a while. Marcus blocks shots and opens up the court for his team.
AUTOADVERT
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/6/2002  1:32 AM
I'm all for taking Marcus if he can continue towards becoming a dominant player. But if there are ANY signs that we'd be picking up Bryant Reeves II instead of Shaq II, I'd rather go for the likes of Gooden. The boxscore tonight for Marcus was encouraging though... 24 points, 11 boards, 6 blocks... if that holds up, money.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
3/6/2002  9:00 AM
Consistency, like I said before is what we are looking for. As we know NYC is not a town that is open arm to projects. What we need is a player that is going to get in there right away i.e. Drew Gooden he is our man.
knicker for life
Caseloads
3/6/2002  9:34 AM
Posted by prowler:

Consistency, like I said before is what we are looking for. As we know NYC is not a town that is open arm to projects. What we need is a player that is going to get in there right away i.e. Drew Gooden he is our man.
Gooden WILL NOT get in there right away. Gooden is a twig. Marcus is going to have a Mike Olowokandi/Brenda Haywood amount of impact in their rookie years. EVERYONE knows that it takes big guys longer to adjust to the NBA game than it takes guards...

Olowokandi is now doing better than decent, and Shaq is gonna be gone from the league in 3 years, MAX. If we end up with like the 7th or worse pick, we should take Marcus.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/6/2002  3:14 PM
Marcus did look good, but still remember he's putting up good, but not spectacular numbers against very mediocre competition. He's proven nothing yet.
Caseloads
3/6/2002  3:16 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Marcus did look good, but still remember he's putting up good, but not spectacular numbers against very mediocre competition. He's proven nothing yet.
Yeah, i mean, he's gonna be better than Brendan Haywood, equal to Olowokandi or better... but should we nab him and with what pick?
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/7/2002  6:32 PM
AND MING HAS PROVEN SOMETHING??????????????
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/8/2002  1:23 AM
Here's how I see it... the Knicks have a roughly 8% shot of getting bumped up to the top 3 spots (given the assumption that the draft lottery won't be fixed). If they stay in the record-based slots (which for them will be 7-9), and guys like Gooden, et al, are taken, then go for Marcus, if not for his size alone.

I see one of two things happening with Chris Marcus. With some development, he could become as dominant as Shaq. Or, he could become a very serviceable backup. Considering that the Knicks backup centers right now are Travis Knight (hustle and little else) and Felton Spencer (layups out of range), I don't see any negative with going for Marcus.
Caseloads
3/9/2002  8:32 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

Here's how I see it... the Knicks have a roughly 8% shot of getting bumped up to the top 3 spots (given the assumption that the draft lottery won't be fixed). If they stay in the record-based slots (which for them will be 7-9), and guys like Gooden, et al, are taken, then go for Marcus, if not for his size alone.

I see one of two things happening with Chris Marcus. With some development, he could become as dominant as Shaq. Or, he could become a very serviceable backup. Considering that the Knicks backup centers right now are Travis Knight (hustle and little else) and Felton Spencer (layups out of range), I don't see any negative with going for Marcus.
I totally agree. If we are 7-9, we need to take Marcus because Wilcox, and the rest of the decent players will be gone. Who cares about good shooting guards? The NBA is stocked with shooting guards. A Center that can play decently is rare.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/9/2002  8:43 PM
Agreed here as well, I think anywhere from 1 to 5 you have to pretty much pick a guaranteed player that you know will improve your team. Anywhere after that in the lottery is gambling time so if Marcus is there, I would take him. Same with Wilcox, get a good frontcourt guy and then hope the star comes next year in the form of LeBron James.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/10/2002  7:16 PM
For the NCAA brackets, Marcus's team of Western Kentucky plays Stanford first round. This should be a good game as two potential lottery centers in Borchardt and Marcus go head to head. Hopefully Western Kentucky wins so they could play Kansas and Drew Gooden second round. This should show us how good Marcus is against top competition and in the national spotlight. If he plays well in both games I say we take him if hes available w/ our pick in the 6 to 9 range.
#Knickstaps
Chris Marcus

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy