[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
3/4/2002  7:14 PM
So what's the deal? I seem to remember this happened earlier in the season: Van Gundy put him in instead of Ward and he helped the Knicks win. Then he went back to sleep for the next couple of games, so Ward got his job back.

Against Seattle, he looked pretty good. Yesterday against the spurs, he went back to sleep. Not much to recommend him over Ward, who also has the occassional good game.

Can Eisley get better with more playing time?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/4/2002  8:16 PM
Both of them are very even players, but i would prefer Eisley because he's younger and more durable. We all know what Ward is capable of, but we don't know exactly what Eisley's capable of because he hasn't seen consistent minutes. I say stick with Eisley for the rest of the year to see what he can do. Ward is more likely to be traded this summer and i prefer Eisley for the future.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/4/2002  10:43 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Both of them are very even players, but i would prefer Eisley because he's younger and more durable. We all know what Ward is capable of, but we don't know exactly what Eisley's capable of because he hasn't seen consistent minutes. I say stick with Eisley for the rest of the year to see what he can do. Ward is more likely to be traded this summer and i prefer Eisley for the future.
where will ward be traded to? if he wasn't traded now, why later?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2002  11:09 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

where will ward be traded to? if he wasn't traded now, why later?

Yeah, agreed. Ward's knees may be too shot to even be a servicable backup point guard, plus his contract is heafty. The Knicks would be lucky to trade him away.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/5/2002  5:26 PM
Some teams like Ward's defense like Milwaukee and Dallas. Van Exel won't be resigned by the Mavs so we might be able to trade him there, and also Minnesota with Brandon going down, we could've traded him there, but I guess the Knicks didn't want Dean Garret.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2002  5:33 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Some teams like Ward's defense like Milwaukee and Dallas. Van Exel won't be resigned by the Mavs so we might be able to trade him there, and also Minnesota with Brandon going down, we could've traded him there, but I guess the Knicks didn't want Dean Garret.
I wouldn't want him either.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/5/2002  6:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Van Exel won't be resigned by the Mavs so we might be able to trade him there

Van Exel has 2 more years on his contract after this year....Ward most likely won't go to the Mavs.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
3/5/2002  6:59 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Van Exel has 2 more years on his contract after this year....Ward most likely won't go to the Mavs.
Watch, in the offseason - ward and camby for Van XL.
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2002  7:32 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I see it a possibility, but it only happens if New York gets a franchise center in the draft. Ming is the only one out there. Other than that they need to go for a good power forward, Drew Gooden(Kenyon Martin, Jermaine O'Neal mix) or Chris Wilcox(Ben Wallace, Antonio McDyess mix).
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/5/2002  10:01 PM
I like how you mix the two players into one player, that's what NBADraft.net should do. All these players are so unique that the mix really gives you a better idea of who can do what. Thanks for thinking of that.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2002  10:27 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Seriously? Ward and Camby for Van X? I don't think the Knicks would trade one of their only bigs for an injury prone PG, unless their tactic was honed in on his recruiting ability, i.e. Antonio McDyess.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
3/5/2002  10:30 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Seriously? Ward and Camby for Van X? I don't think the Knicks would trade one of their only bigs for an injury prone PG, unless their tactic was honed in on his recruiting ability, i.e. Antonio McDyess.
Or maybe Camby, Ward and Anderson for Van XL - think cap dumping.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy