Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/4/2002  6:27 PM
Here is an article from ESPN Insider today:

The Rotting Apple

How desperate are the Knicks' faithful for a sign -- anything that may give them a glimmer of hope?

A Friday night breakout performance by Howard Eisley led to a flurry of Sunday columns in New York clammering for coach Don Chaney to give Eisley a shot at running the club and turning the team around.

On Sunday afternoon, Eisley got his shot and threw up a pathetic two points and one assist in a woeful loss to the Spurs.

The sound of silence.

Afterward, Latrell Sprewell was waiving around the white flag. "I can't say I've necessarily conceded that [the playoffs]," Spree told the N.Y. Post. "But I'm close to it. It's not like we're making any improvements. The goal has changed because we were fighting every day to stay focused and try to make the playoffs. But now the goal is to just to try to win the next game."

Cablevision president James Dolan sat stewing behind the bench and afterward rushed off to talk with Chaney. When a reporter asked if he had a moment to talk about the state of the team, Dolan said, "You've got terrible timing."

While it's unlikely that the Knicks will fire Chaney now, there's no doubt that he'll be gone this summer. Will Scott Layden be next?

George Willis of the Post says that Magic Johnson is chomping at the bit to sink his teeth into the Knicks and should replace Layden as the team's president.

The bad news? Is there any doubt that Magic would use this as another lame excuse to lace them up a la uber-executive Michael Jordan. The good news? He's better than Felton Spencer. Er, at least, he's fatter than Spencer.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/4/2002  7:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Here is an article from ESPN Insider today:

The Rotting Apple

How desperate are the Knicks' faithful for a sign -- anything that may give them a glimmer of hope?

A Friday night breakout performance by Howard Eisley led to a flurry of Sunday columns in New York clammering for coach Don Chaney to give Eisley a shot at running the club and turning the team around.

On Sunday afternoon, Eisley got his shot and threw up a pathetic two points and one assist in a woeful loss to the Spurs.

The sound of silence.

Afterward, Latrell Sprewell was waiving around the white flag. "I can't say I've necessarily conceded that [the playoffs]," Spree told the N.Y. Post. "But I'm close to it. It's not like we're making any improvements. The goal has changed because we were fighting every day to stay focused and try to make the playoffs. But now the goal is to just to try to win the next game."

Cablevision president James Dolan sat stewing behind the bench and afterward rushed off to talk with Chaney. When a reporter asked if he had a moment to talk about the state of the team, Dolan said, "You've got terrible timing."

While it's unlikely that the Knicks will fire Chaney now, there's no doubt that he'll be gone this summer. Will Scott Layden be next?

George Willis of the Post says that Magic Johnson is chomping at the bit to sink his teeth into the Knicks and should replace Layden as the team's president.

The bad news? Is there any doubt that Magic would use this as another lame excuse to lace them up a la uber-executive Michael Jordan. The good news? He's better than Felton Spencer. Er, at least, he's fatter than Spencer.

Don't let Magic near this team. I have less faith in him than Layden.
BigSm00th
USA
3/4/2002  8:46 PM
Yeah, I'm not too sure about Magic. He could come back and just try to have fun with this team, which isn't what we need. I'm not sure who else is available, but I remember Magic ran the Raptors into the ground and then took off. Jerry West was quoted in Newsday on Sunday as saying he wouldn't go to New York, so I guess he's out of the question. I don't know, we're deep over our head. The **** is going to hit the fan this summer.
#Knickstaps
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/4/2002  8:58 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

...but I remember Magic ran the Raptors into the ground and then took off.

I think you are remembering Isiah Thomas...not Magic. Isiah actually made alot of good moves for Toronto. But I agree with the fact that Magic wouldn't help the Knicks that much.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
USA
3/4/2002  10:22 PM
Ha, your right. It was Isiah I was thinking of.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2002  11:18 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Ha, your right. It was Isiah I was thinking of.

-------------------
Destination : Lottery.

hehe, I like your sig.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Magic Johnson the next Knick President?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy