[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby is out for the Season!!!
Author Thread
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
2/25/2002  9:49 PM
"Camby, who was injured in a fall nearly four weeks ago, had an MRI exam on Monday which revealed that his bone bruise improved greatly, but the muscle tear didn't."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-BKN-Knicks-Camby.html
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/25/2002  10:00 PM
I think this solidifies our contention for a really high pick in the draft... I just hope we don't squander this opportunity... If I had it my way... I would get Ming and start him with Camby at power foward after a long 8 month rest... There is no way in hell we could trade Camby for anyone good enough to help us.. I say we keep him and let him play next season... hope he stays injury free... And proabbly be awesome at the PF spot...

Pieces to the final puzzle...
C - Ming
PF- Camby
SF- ?
SG- ?
PG- ?

We should try and trade Houston or Spree for draft picks if at all possible to try and fil our roster with young talent... Since this upcomin draft has so many PGs... we might be able to fill that position too...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/25/2002  10:05 PM
I actually don't mind this. It just means a better draft pick for us. If he does come back, we still don't make the playoffs.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/25/2002  11:57 PM
I'm not so sure this is good because without him playing teams might not want to trade for him. Whatever raises his trade value I would do, though I'm not sure what does. And also, I think its a little unfair to put Kurt Thomas out of consideration here. Camby is a good player, but Thomas is the one who has the low post moves, who plays every day, who can defend big men, I think it'd be a slap in the face to him if Camby came back after not playing for almost eight months and starts over him. Yao Ming, give me a break, why is every one in love with this guy? Knicks answer to all their problems is two easy words, say them with me: Amare Stoudemire. A 6 ft. 10 power forward in the mold of a Kevin Garnett. Who would you rather have on the Knicks in a two years, a player in the mold of Wang Zhi Zhi or a player in the mold of Garnett? Give me a break, you ask 100 NBA fans and EACH ONE OF THEM is telling you Garnett. Each one.

Also, for point guard, I think we could trade Ward to either Milwaukee, Minnesota, or Dallas, in the offseason since Milwaukee wants defensive players, Minnesota might need a backup point guard, and Dallas is going to let Van Exel go and Avery Johnson is on his last legs, if they could Ward away for a 2nd rounder and use that pick to get a Dan Dickau, Tito Maddox, or a Steve Logan, I'd do it. Maybe Layden could work a sign-and-trade, pick up Odom for Camby and Spree, here's your team for next year. With the other 2nd rounder, you get a small forward like Tayshaun Prince, heres the team in 3 years:

C-?
PF-Stoudemire
SF-Prince
SG-Houston
PG-Dickau or Logan

Fully developed, Stoudemire could be putting up 24 and 12, Houston would flourish with a low post presence, Dickau is the next John Stockton baby, I love the hair. Ha, and the end of each of my rants I feel hopeless, anyone else feel like that?

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 02/26/2002 00:02:36]
#Knickstaps
Camby is out for the Season!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy