[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Get COOK!!!!!!!!!!
Author Thread
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
2/25/2002  1:08 PM
why dont the knicks go after Omar Cook, I just read that Even though reports had the Celtics picking him up, its not true and he is still avaiable, He is no major risk for the knicks, ok so they will have 4 point guards but this guy is young and cheep, and maybe mark can teach him some things. But since Laydan is a complete idiot he aint goign to do it. Also why dont the knicks take a look and Leon Smith or Maybe even Chris Porter?????Even though Porter is a drugie, once again really no risk. Just a couple of options for the knicks for the future
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2002  3:19 PM
I hear you. I could never figure out why the Knicks would keep the likes of Larry Robinson on the bench. I mean, really - with Houston, Spree and Anderson at the guard spots, do the Knicks need another insurance policy? They should have extra big men on the IR.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/25/2002  3:48 PM
Posted by Starks3:

<snip>

-------------------
Bring back Starks!!!!!!

A little off topic, but... I hadn't seen Starks play in while until the Knicks played Utah last week. The man can still play D. I didn't take notice of the whole game (nor of Starks' offensive effort - we all know that he can be sporadic at times) but one sequence at the end of the game stuck in my mind: Starks D'ing up Houston in a one-on-one possession. Starks held his own. I say even though he is up there in age, he still knows how to D up his opponent.
Starks3
USA
2/25/2002  9:41 PM
I would rather have starks then that bum Anderson. I know he is old but he has heart and it seems right now noone on the knicks has it.
I'm going to the game on thur. to see them play the heat and the crowd down here is always crazy so i am hoping they show some heart and get the knicks atleast back to respectablity
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/25/2002  11:36 PM
Why bring back Omar Cook, are we trying to reassemble a St. John's team? Why not trade for Zendon Hamilton, bring Mullin out of retirement and hire Mike Jarvis. Then we would have 4 point guards, signing Cook would make zero sense.
#Knickstaps
Member: #192
2/26/2002  9:32 AM
Posted by Starks3:

I would rather have starks then that bum Anderson. I know he is old but he has heart and it seems right now noone on the knicks has it.
I'm going to the game on thur. to see them play the heat and the crowd down here is always crazy so i am hoping they show some heart and get the knicks atleast back to respectablity

If you go to that game on thur., maybe you can start a "layden sucks" chant. I know I'm just trying to vent my frustration. I don't know what else we can do to let management know that it's time to start over!
Starks3
USA
2/26/2002  1:01 PM
Dont worry i'll have a huge sighn saying how much laydan sucks!!!!!
BigSm00th
USA
2/26/2002  4:47 PM
Spell his name right though, its Layden, lol.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
USA
2/26/2002  7:49 PM
laydan , layden, lidan, does it really matter. The guy sucks and he doesnt deserve to has his sorry ass name right
ok Layden sucks!!!!
martin
USA
2/26/2002  9:23 PM
Posted by Starks3:

laydan , layden, lidan, does it really matter. The guy sucks and he doesnt deserve to has his sorry ass name right
ok Layden sucks!!!!

well, OK. I have heard (two or three times over) your opinion of Layden, but you haven't offered up too much to say what he should have done or could have done or what you would do in his stead. I have to believe that the guy was brought in to help Dave C of old and now has been put into a position of GM that is strapped with role players that have large contracts - OK, some of them he put into position. And unfortunately all of those players are shorts guys. What can you do? Trade Anderson for C Web? Some kind of contract for Jackson may have been a possibility, but there hasn't been much out there.
BigSm00th
USA
2/26/2002  11:43 PM
I totally agree, he is in an unworkable situation.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
USA
2/27/2002  1:20 PM
It starts with the Ewing trade. He should have just played out his contract and instead not taking all those bloated contracts that he did when Ewing was traded. First we got Rice, who we all knew was immposible to work with cause of spree and houston he also gets a 11th man in travis Knight who makes a ton of money, then Laydan goes and trades Rice after one season, and gets 2 more huge contracts that we really dint need. Then he gives Weatherspoon all that money, and sighn's him to a long term deal. It also dint help that L.J and Luc retired, Then finally he outbids himself and gives houston 100 million, Is that enoguh promblems he got us into, or all of those moves he had to make, cause i know a damm monkey can make better moves then that.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/27/2002  3:07 PM
I'm with you on that one Starks3!!!
If anyone tries to blame Dolan for Houstan's contract I will have to give them the same response Dolan gives the media when asked anything concerning the Knicks...
"He leaves all backetball operation matters in the hands of Scott Layden. I know nothing about basketball"
Starks3
USA
2/27/2002  6:07 PM
I'm glad somone is
Get COOK!!!!!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy