[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trading up in the Draft
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/5/2005  3:44 PM
I know we can't trade our pick this year but I'm pretty sure we can trade up in the draft. If thats the case the expiring contracts of TT/Penny/Baker + our pick can get us a very high pick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/5/2005  4:00 PM
not likely. Its situational, and very high picks are rarely traded. You best bet is a scenario like Dallas did, but we dont have a 27 year old Jamison to offer for the #4 pick.

Our best bet would be something like Nazr/Moochie (expiring deals) + Ariza for Foyal and their lottery pick (currently #7).

Personally I would rather just use our pick and keep on some of these guys like Penny and TT in case of a deadline firesale. OTherwise let them walk at the end of the year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/5/2005  4:50 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

If thats the case the expiring contracts of TT/Penny/Baker + our pick can get us a very high pick
Who do u wanna draft by moving up> How far do u wanna move up!?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/5/2005  4:53 PM
Posted by fishmike:

not likely. Its situational, and very high picks are rarely traded. You best bet is a scenario like Dallas did, but we dont have a 27 year old Jamison to offer for the #4 pick.

Our best bet would be something like Nazr/Moochie (expiring deals) + Ariza for Foyal and their lottery pick (currently #7).

Personally I would rather just use our pick and keep on some of these guys like Penny and TT in case of a deadline firesale. OTherwise let them walk at the end of the year.

Its a draft where you are going to find players between 15-30 who are just as good as the players 1-15. There is no one or two standouts that are going to come into the nba and do what Emeka and howard are doing.

its a PG heavy draft, and there is no doubt that we need a back up PG.

There are some good SFs, but I still like Wayne Simien where we draft. there are some intruiging tweener with athletic ability if we have a 2nd round pick, and there will be solid PG prospects in the 2nd round that blow andre barret away. I still go with this guy, hes a better rebounder than Sweetney hes 5* more athletic than Sweetney yet he weighs very close to sweetney and hes chisled. probably 6-9 257 in sneaks with a 7+ wingspan, but no fat and runs the court very fast. plays well above the rim.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/5/2005  4:58 PM
I hear that said about every draft then good players always surface after tryouts. so don't sell this draft short. I really want a high school bigman..are there any PF/C?
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/5/2005  6:19 PM
high school big men can have extremely rewarding returns or they can just take the cash and lose their work ethic immediately. Gotta be careful there.
http://allknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/5/2005  6:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

Its a draft where you are going to find players between 15-30 who are just as good as the players 1-15. There is no one or two standouts that are going to come into the nba and do what Emeka and howard are doing.

its a PG heavy draft, and there is no doubt that we need a back up PG.

There are some good SFs, but I still like Wayne Simien where we draft. there are some intruiging tweener with athletic ability if we have a 2nd round pick, and there will be solid PG prospects in the 2nd round that blow andre barret away. I still go with this guy, hes a better rebounder than Sweetney hes 5* more athletic than Sweetney yet he weighs very close to sweetney and hes chisled. probably 6-9 257 in sneaks with a 7+ wingspan, but no fat and runs the court very fast. plays well above the rim.

Isiah may like identify a player that he likes more than others. If so, he could try to trade Sweetney or some other asset, with the pick to move up.
Trading up in the Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy