wilcox sidelined indefinitely
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/5/2005  11:25 AM
Wilcox Diagnosed With Leg Injury

Posted: January 5th, 2005

Clippers Forward Chris Wilcox will be sidelined indefinitely due to a lower right leg (tibia) stress reaction, revealed during an MRI conducted on Tuesday afternoon.

Wilcox notified the team’s medical staff of some discomfort approximately one and one-half weeks ago. He then began a program of conservative treatment, resulting in only minor relief. When the symptoms persisted, he underwent today’s MRI and was examined by Clippers’ team physician Dr. Tony Daly, who made the diagnosis.

The condition – characterized by a weakened area of the bone – is caused by repetitive pounding and overuse over time.

Wilcox will be monitored by the team’s medical staff and will be re-evaluated weekly.

In 29 games played Wilcox has averaged 10.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 23.5 minutes.
AUTOADVERT
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
1/5/2005  11:26 AM
I guess we now know why he was out of the rotation.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
1/5/2005  11:36 AM
double post.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/5/2005  11:46 AM
yeah....

i thought they lost their minds. Wilcox was playing well for a large stretch of this season.

He would so fit in New Jersey......or dare i say Stromile Swift in New Jersey.

Sorry guys.....I'm a closet fan. Kendall Gill, Jayson Williams, Armon Gilliam, Sherman Douglas, Chris Morris, Same Bowie, Kevin Edwards, Kenny Anderson, Derrick Coleman, and Drazen(RIP)......these guys made me a closet fan....besides the fact that channel 9 used to air their games back in the day.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/5/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

yeah....

i thought they lost their minds. Wilcox was playing well for a large stretch of this season.

Sorry guys.....I'm a closet fan. Kendall Gill, Jayson Williams, Armon Gilliam, Sherman Douglas, Chris Morris, Same Bowie, Kevin Edwards, Kenny Anderson, Derrick Coleman, and Drazen(RIP)......these guys made me a closet fan....besides the fact that channel 9 used to air their games back in the day.

What? You had no love for Schintzius? Even with that mullet?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
1/5/2005  11:53 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

yeah....

Eny ? r u alright ? You said some weird things you know ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/5/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by EnySpree:

yeah....

What? You had no love for Schintzius? Even with that mullet?

oh yeah baby, lol.....

The Knicks are my team but i got love for the Nets. Not really right now......but this team might be in my hometown Brooklyn soon. It's gonna be rough for me.

All those names I mentioned are all apart of this love I have for basketball. When I see them all now, cuz most are retired, it makes me smile.

Man I saw Chris Morris playing for the Globetrotters this summer. I almost flipped.

Like I said you can thank Channel 9 for that.

Go Knicks!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/5/2005  12:37 PM
thats not uncommon for any human being. everyone has weak spots in their body. he will probably have to go through a program where they strengthen the muscles and ligaments in the leg and keep him off the leg until the stress point goes away.

this is the same thing emeka okafor had in his back--he had a weak point in his back, a small stress fracture that closed up after a short period of time. remember wilcox is still very young. he'll bounce back from that. he'll probably be out a month or so.
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/5/2005  12:39 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Man I saw Chris Morris playing for the Globetrotters this summer. I almost flipped.

That sounds like the right place for him. Wouldn't you say he's right up there with Ricky Davis among all-time knucklehead players?
wilcox sidelined indefinitely

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy