[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what the heck was Lenny doing tonight?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
1/5/2005  10:14 AM
With Sweetney injured, Vin Baker (just back from personal leave and dealing with demons NONE of us are aware of) who else was Lenny supposed to play iin the frontcourt?

The nonsensical critique of his substitutions is only tempered by the depth of the frontcourt which is paper thin.

No, Lenny is far from perfect, but expecting to match up with CWebb, Peja and Brad Miller is more than a notion (or Drama Queen opinion) of substitutions.

Fact Number One

The Knicks need two more centers. and a power forward with some mobility and hops.
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/5/2005  10:26 AM
g, thanks for your expert analysis mister all knowing & wise hoops zen master...but i think i'm entitled to criticizing a coach who takes out the best player on the floor at that moment in the game (other than Marbury) - Ariza, who almost singlehandedly spurred the Knicks on their comeback run in the 2nd half - & replacing him w/Tim Thomas, who proceeded to allow his man to score on him in 2 consecutive possessions & then misses 2 very key baskets down the stretch when the game was still up for grabs.

The Knicks need two more centers. and a power forward with some mobility and hops.

no kidding, but that's not what we're talking about here...this thread was discussing Lenny's bad job of coaching last night...that's not "Drama Queen opinion", it's calling it like i see it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
misterearl
USA
1/5/2005  10:31 AM
Pop Quiz

TMS - Peja, CWebb and Brad Miller

or

Nazr, Time Thomas and Kurt Thomas?

C'mon homes, get real.
TMS
USA
1/5/2005  10:41 AM
dude, were you watching the game last night? did you see the knicks make that run in the 3rd quarter while Ariza was all over the floor making plays & disrupting the Kings offense? can you please explain to me why Lenny took him out & replaced him w/Tim Thomas at that point? just answer me that 1 question, because at the time, Ariza was playing better than anyone else on the floor not named Stephon Marbury.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
misterearl
USA
1/5/2005  10:54 AM
dude, I love Trevor Ariza.

Before you start changing shift lines, let's understand one byproduct of any move to leave Trevor in. When the time comes to suddenly give Ariza Tim Thomases minutes, Lenny better be ready to live with that decision. Are you really that ready to sit Tim Thomas?

Lenny's balancing between fostering some confidence (and maintaining trade value for) in Tim Thomas after his shaky start and bringing along the rookie Ariza under a steady hand to build his experience.

All I'm saying is it's not so simple as just leaving some one in.

Fix the frontcourt.

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/5/2005  11:28 AM
Posted by TMS:

dude, were you watching the game last night? did you see the knicks make that run in the 3rd quarter while Ariza was all over the floor making plays & disrupting the Kings offense? can you please explain to me why Lenny took him out & replaced him w/Tim Thomas at that point? just answer me that 1 question, because at the time, Ariza was playing better than anyone else on the floor not named Stephon Marbury.

Offense and Floor spacing...TT is averaging almost 15 ppg over the last 6...did you even expect more than that from him? I agree with misterearl the prooper balance is there...but, someone explain sundov over vin.
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
USA
1/5/2005  11:31 AM
when your team is in the middle of a run & your team is clicking on all cylinders, you don't take out the best player on the floor...that's my simple point.

we are not debating whether Ariza should be starting ahead of TT...i'm only referring to last night's game...you make your substitutions based on how the team is playing...Lenny's substitutions last night left me scratching my head, & it's happening more & more lately...he's beginning to remind me of Don Chaney in so many ways it's scary.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/5/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by TMS:

when your team is in the middle of a run & your team is clicking on all cylinders, you don't take out the best player on the floor...that's my simple point.

we are not debating whether Ariza should be starting ahead of TT...i'm only referring to last night's game...you make your substitutions based on how the team is playing...Lenny's substitutions last night left me scratching my head, & it's happening more & more lately...he's beginning to remind me of Don Chaney in so many ways it's scary.

I agree...where was vin, is he really that done? Also, didn't see a mention of Sweets gutting through a sprained ankle to help preserve a time out! Looks like he's a keeper.
all kool aid all the time.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/5/2005  2:30 PM
I have to agree with TMS. Ariza was making things happen every min that he was in starting from the first quarter. He should have played more than 16mins that game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/5/2005  2:50 PM
I guess that was the only reason for Sundov to be in. He was way too rusty and looked clueless out there. THoses little shuffle passes lead to open layups for the Kings and Lenny still left him in. Shouldn't be too long now for some deal to happen
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/5/2005  2:50 PM
I guess that was the only reason for Sundov to be in. He was way too rusty and looked clueless out there. THoses little shuffle passes lead to open layups for the Kings and Lenny still left him in. Shouldn't be too long now for some deal to happen
what the heck was Lenny doing tonight?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy