[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why not play Postell?
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
2/25/2002  10:13 AM
I'm not saying he's played that well when he's gotten out on the court during Garbage Time (he's obviously trying to prove that he can score. Don't know if I've ever seen him pass). And I can understand why you wouldn't play him if you were aiming for the playoffs, but now that the season is trashed and the Knicks headed for a rebuild, why not play Postell a little more and get him some experience? He's got fresh legs and energy.

Elsewhere in the NBA, kids just out of High School are playing for pete's sake. This guy's 23-24 years old.
AUTOADVERT
Flight
Member: #216
2/25/2002  10:18 AM
Postell is nothing but a role player at best while the other HS skewl players have potential to be something great
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
2/25/2002  1:01 PM
I watched (shudder) pieces of the Lakers game yesterday, and saw Postell in the end, during garbage time. Did you hear what Walton said about him??? You were right about him trying to impress by scoring points (which he didn't), but what about trying to be a team member... Did not look like he was doing anything but trying out for (low)hi-light films.
The Old Man of UK...
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
2/25/2002  7:50 PM
No, I don't listen to Bill Walton et. al. I listened to the radio announcers. (I don't mind the humorous remarks, but those guys jabber too much during the action.)

You are right, Postell looked selfish out there. I would certainly hope that he wouldn't play that way if he had more time, and had a chance to play in anything other than garbage time.

My real point was that on other teams, young guys get to play and get experience. I can understand not wanting to do that when you're trying to make the playoffs, or worried about losing games. But really, how much worse could it get? Why not see what he can do? Spree and Houston look tired and burned out.
Posted by UKDad:

I watched (shudder) pieces of the Lakers game yesterday, and saw Postell in the end, during garbage time. Did you hear what Walton said about him??? You were right about him trying to impress by scoring points (which he didn't), but what about trying to be a team member... Did not look like he was doing anything but trying out for (low)hi-light films.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
2/26/2002  10:00 AM
It is like i was saying for a while now the kid like any other aspiring player needs time on the floor in order to improve. For instance, if any of u guys were on a ball team u know that when u are on the floor it is your time to show the coach what u got and seeing that Postell is only in the game during garbage time he figures well what the hell. If he were in the game during quality minutes i am sure he would play within the little scheme we do have. I say give him a shot lets see what he really has , What he has only been here for three years. Or are we going to stagnate the career of another young player. Oh I know we are going to find out that he can play when he joins another team like we have done so often in the past.

PS
What ever happens I will always be a knick fan never wavering cause the true fan rides when things are good and hold firm in the face of adversity
knicker for life
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
2/26/2002  10:16 AM
I will be a Knick fan until they move... Which given my history
(1. I was a Bullet fan (they became the Wizards))
and
(2. I was a Colt fan until they left Baltimore (I hate Ersay))

may not be too long... (also given their record this year).
The Old Man of UK...
Why not play Postell?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy