[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

one thing that hurts us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/4/2005  10:02 PM
we have a lot of depth obviously with our payroll.

but i HOPE this is the last season we have jamison brewer norris sundov on the end of it. we can argue none of them belong in the NBA. where was our scouting dept with maurice evans? Obviously were not going to get every guy--BUt I think this is one big spot Isiah gets a pure F in--the end of the bench is putrid.

we shouldve just kept Andre barrett if this was the case, i mean atleast we can count on him to move the ball up court quickly with a tighter game.

We lost this game because their bench player killed us. He was able to play great D on marbury at a crucial time and all night the guy was hanging on the rim.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2005  10:09 PM
add Penny to that right now. I know he was the $$$ throw in with Stephon, but geeze. I agree, Barrett would have been a better fit based on our needs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/4/2005  11:33 PM
Mikki Moore or Loren Woods would have been better than Sundov
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/5/2005  12:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

add Penny to that right now. I know he was the $$$ throw in with Stephon, but geeze. I agree, Barrett would have been a better fit based on our needs.

Oh my gosh I forgot about the baker. so isiah spent 5mm$ on Baker Brewer Sundov --that was a nasty little mistake

Just to think we couldve signed evans and hunter for roughly a third of the price and they actually wouldve helped the team.
Isiah has done some good things and some things that are questionable, but for the most part things have been positive for sure--you cant condemn mistakes because every single manager makes them.

hopefully the value of the dollar will go farher next year and the evaluation of talent will be better. I read that thomas had very little to do with drafting ariza, but did have final say which counts.

no more free rides

need a back up PG badly. also, think of that 5mm--if we gave 3mm to NJ, we couldve had delonte west as our back up.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/5/2005  12:47 AM
the end of the bench is the least of our problems. Here we have Ariza and Sweetney and neither can get playing time over Kurt Thomas and Tim Thomas. Evans would not see the light of day on the Knicks!
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
1/5/2005  3:09 AM
baker's contract was certainly part of crawford transaction.
I seriously doubt that the knicks would have spent a $ on baker otherwise.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
1/5/2005  6:37 AM
Also, Andre Barrett would be just as effective as Brewer. To say these guys don't belong in the NBA is silly. Pick the worst guy on the worst team, and he'll torch anyone on the playground, be the best player on most college teams.

I'd argue this is the BEST end of bench the Knicks have had in a few years, unless you want to bring back Herb Williams and Scotty Brooks. Hey, Rick Brunson had a big game the other day, why don't we bring him back? It's the end of the bench - you're not even supposed to use those guys except when you have injuries and foul problems.

Knicks problems haven't changed. I know it's gets boring to write the same things over and over again, but when the sh&%^t fits ...

No defense, no franchise big man, and the most overrated POINT guard in the league, though he's a pretty good shooting guard, as long as he doesn't have to defend anybody. But worse, not much flexibility on payroll, because the fat drunk in charge won't scale back - he'd rather have a mediocre team that fills most seats every season and gets the playoff money rather than have a bad team for one or two seasons that has potential to build into a contender. Funny thing is, it ends up the team is only slightly better doing it the Dolan way than say, the Krause way.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/5/2005  9:44 AM
I would happily dump all those guys for Travis Best in a heartbeat. It looks like Isiah got so obsessed with finding a diamond in the rough that he forgot that the end of the bench might actually be important at some point.

Crawford is going to have to be the back up PG, plain and simple. There's just no other way this year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/5/2005  9:52 AM
Travis Best would have been a decent option if we didn't have Mooch...i liked the Brewer signing because Isiah needed to take a risk to find some young, athletic players who could maybe turn out to be something...the Bruno signing was the 1 that left me scratching my head...i would have much preferred giving an undrafted guy like Lamizana a chance.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2005  10:01 AM
Who was the man responsable for Ariza?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/5/2005  10:04 AM
we lost the game because crawford was on the IR and Sweetney got hurt.
all kool aid all the time.
one thing that hurts us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy