[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I don't like the Knicks dumping the ball into Nazr sooo much:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/4/2005  9:55 PM
It's good that he feeds off his teammates, but once the ball gets to Nazr, a shot is DEFINITELY going up, b/c he doesn't give the ball up. I think the Knicks as a team start to play a bit more poorly too. They play best when the ball moves around a lot, or when Stephon penetrates. Someone suggested that Nazr should be the 3rd option. Ahhhhh, no. It should be Steph, then Allan, then Timmy then Kurt, THEN Nazr.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/4/2005  10:02 PM
Exactly man, Nazr needs to realize he has no post game.

He also needs to realize he is nothing but a rebounder and dunker, and stop takin jumpers.

Then we need to move for a real big man. Mohammed is just not a good option at center. He thinks more then he is, he puts up meaningless numbers, actually numbers that hurt the team.

Most games he goes off for big numbers we loose. Wonder why. We need a shotblocking big, Mohammed is a nuisance. He just looks good because of all the attention the other players on the squard are getting on offense.

KT needs to go too. Our offense was fine w/out the pick and roll play with KT in the 3rd quarter, and our defense, was guess what, BETTER!!!

Move KT, start JYD, Sweetney, whatever, we need some defensive players in there, right now we got none. The KT being a good defender thing is a joke. It go against all the facts that clearly say he is not a good defender, but actually is a bad defender.

And the pick and roll with KT takes Houston and TT out of the scoring, while both of them are better scorers. Needless to say Craw is also a better scorer.

Get rid of KT and Mohammed and get a areal shotblocker and a banger inside and this team will go places.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/4/2005  10:09 PM
when your pg has to score 30 or more pionts, chances are your going to lose bottom line. If anything Allan, JC, TT, KT Nazy then steph, but being that he's our best player, if he's hot then go with him, other wise steph needs to lead the NBA in assist, and lead all pgs in rebounding.
ES
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/4/2005  10:18 PM
thats exactly what I've said countless times but it's really not Nazr's fault. someone has to score inside. Nazr is trying his best. We really need someone who can finish inside. Marbury is our best inside player and he's 6'2!!!!!!!!!!!
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
1/4/2005  10:19 PM
both TT and Nazr needs to learn to pass out of the double team, ehh, scrath that, needs to learn to pass.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/4/2005  10:24 PM
I think there's way to much busting on Nazr. The guy took 13 shots - same as TT, less than Allan, less than Steph. He scored 21 points on his 13 shots. That' pretty efficient. Also had 11 boards and 2 blocks. I think he gets scapegoated here too often. The last 2 games have shown very poor execution down the stretch by the whole team. Poor D, rushed shots, bad clock management and play-calling by Lenny. It's been very frustrating losing these 2 winnable games. But I don't see the negative focus on Nazr.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/4/2005  10:24 PM
no, no, no, no, hes got to take those shots. nazr isnt a big part of any problem. hes not perfect, but i bet a lot of teams wouldnt mind him for their C position. He would be real nice if we had a horse at the 4.

You have to post up down low, and nazr TT and Sweetney are the only guys who can do it. you are telling a guy who shoots 54% not to shoot. Got to let him have his touches.

if there was a btch to be told, his man beat him down the court a few times and it hurt us.
RIP Crushalot😞
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/4/2005  10:28 PM
Posted by Marv:

The guy took 13 shots - same as TT, less than Allan, less than Steph. He scored 21 points on his 13 shots. That' pretty efficient.
Good post. I dont think we are going to Nazr in the post too much. I actually think it is in moderation and they should dump it into him a little more.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Allanfan20
USA
1/4/2005  10:28 PM
Well, Nazr does have some post moves, but the thing is, when he's in a crowded area, he's still not giving it up and he screws up.

Again, he's risen above expectations this season, but he really shouldn't be one of our main scoring options.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
gunsnewing
USA
1/4/2005  10:32 PM
put a scoring PF next to Nazr and you're set with Nazr's putback dunks
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/4/2005  10:46 PM
Posted by Marv:

I think there's way to much busting on Nazr. The guy took 13 shots - same as TT, less than Allan, less than Steph. He scored 21 points on his 13 shots. That' pretty efficient. Also had 11 boards and 2 blocks. I think he gets scapegoated here too often. The last 2 games have shown very poor execution down the stretch by the whole team. Poor D, rushed shots, bad clock management and play-calling by Lenny. It's been very frustrating losing these 2 winnable games. But I don't see the negative focus on Nazr.
I couldn't have said it better. All I hear is he doesn't change games or he doesn't do enough. He is doing far more than we expected at the beginning of this season. He is very solid at his position. He could be our C on a championship team if our PF was Elton brand or someone like him. We get far less from Kurt IMO.

He should learn to pass better though. But its not like we run an offense like the kings or something. Guys aren't moving and picking and cutting to the basket.
Killa4luv
USA
1/4/2005  10:49 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:

The guy took 13 shots - same as TT, less than Allan, less than Steph. He scored 21 points on his 13 shots. That' pretty efficient.
Good post. I dont think we are going to Nazr in the post too much. I actually think it is in moderation and they should dump it into him a little more.

I agree too. He is alright in the post. We could get more out of him. He played very strong tonight backing guys all the way into the paint. Horse on the boards.
gunsnewing
USA
1/4/2005  10:52 PM
the title of this thread is very wrong. Nazr is the best player on this team in scoring inside. The problem is you have a major problem if thats the case. I'm so sick of KT. He can only hit shots when he's wide open. He can't post up and he can't get to the basket and he gets beat off the dribble by Brad Miller. Not Kevin Garnett folks..brad miller!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/4/2005  10:53 PM
I prefer his game 10000 times over Kurt. I sure wish that Lenny would phase out that stupid pick & roll that Kurt and Marburry have been so accoustumed too. We need guys like PJ brown that can defend and score when needed. He would be just a bandage in our system until we can get a big man. the only reason I would trade for him is just to get Jim Jackson in that deal...
The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/4/2005  11:22 PM
I don't understand the Nazr bashing. I truly don't. The only reason we are struggling right now is that because we are not getting anything from our forwards, specially the small forward spot. Once Crawford comes back and Houston finally mends we will be a very good team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/4/2005  11:38 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Well, Nazr does have some post moves, but the thing is, when he's in a crowded area, he's still not giving it up and he screws up.
So the answer is to get him to learn to pass out of the low-post better when double teamed. The answer isn't to stop giving the ball to a 54% shooter!
gunsnewing
USA
1/5/2005  12:07 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I don't understand the Nazr bashing. I truly don't. The only reason we are struggling right now is that because we are not getting anything from our forwards, specially the small forward spot. Once Crawford comes back and Houston finally mends we will be a very good team.

no we won't...only after we have a PF and a new coach
Killa4luv
USA
1/5/2005  1:47 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by NYKBocker:

no we won't...only after we have a PF and a new coach
No we'll still be good without those things. We'll be great with them.
Allanfan20
USA
1/5/2005  12:31 PM
I don't really care about the stats you are throwing at me. I think the team as a whole plays much better, when they just use him occasionally. Personally, I still think 13 shots a game is a little bit too much for Nazr.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/5/2005  12:55 PM
13 shots is a bit too much??? Dude check out how many of those shots that he makes.. Crawf, Marb, TT, all take too many shots, especially the 3 ball.
The true Knickabocker..........
I don't like the Knicks dumping the ball into Nazr sooo much:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy