[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wilcox out of rotation
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/4/2005  10:29 AM
here's the question - would you guys trade nazr + cash for wilcox right now?

i would.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2005  10:45 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

here's the question - would you guys trade nazr + cash for wilcox right now?

i would.
Problem is I dont think you can do that trade this year, because LAC isnt far enough below the cap

Pretty funny... I just suggested this for our offseason in another thread:

KT+TT+draft rights to our #1 for SAR (sign and trade)+Patterson
Nazr + cash for Wilcox
Steve Hunter for the MLE 5 years $28mm

Marbury/Moochie
Crawford/Houston/Penny
Patterson/Ariza
Rahim/Sweetney/JYD
Wilcox/Hunter/Baker

I think that team would prettty damn good. Its young but too young, and has a nice balance of tough guys who like to play D with skilled players.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/4/2005  11:09 AM
replace TT w/Penny in that trade & i like it...i don't like Ruben Patterson as a starter...he's best as a role player off the bench, & Ariza won't be ready to start either next year imo.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2005  11:23 AM
I had to make it attractive for Port. TT gives them an expiring player so the commitment is minimal. He's a 6'10 guy that has some value when he's playing well and can help a team. I dont see any value in Penny for Port who already has DA and Miles. Penny doesnt give them anything different. TT does and they move Paterson who's been a sourpuss there since Zach broke his face.

I have no problem with Patterson and Ariza at the 3. Just hustle and play D. You have enough scoring there with SAR/Craw/Marbury and you still have Houston, Sweetney and Penny off the bench. What we really need are a couple of tough perimeter defenders and Ariza's length and Patterson the "Kobe-stopper" give you that.

KT becomes a nice backup at the 4/5 for them, they move Patterson and get a #1 and TT can either start or come off the bench like he did for Milw.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
1/4/2005  11:37 AM
Penny's already made it public that he'd like to play more minutes...on that team, he'd have hardly any role at all...i think he'd be more of a player that would fit in the "good guy" image that POR wants to bring in than TT would too...

remember also that POR is also potentially losing Damon Stoudamire & NVE as well since their contracts expire after this season, so they'll be looking for someone who can orchestrate an offense as well as fill in the role vacated by Ruben Patterson...Penny fits that role much better than TT imho...i think TT is alot more redundant for them since they already have Miles personally.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/4/2005  11:58 AM
I think that Elton Brand is coming back home. His contract is most likely killing Sterling everyday. I can see IT sending KT, Sweetney, Moochie and Sundov plus money to buyout Moochie for Brand.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
1/4/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

KT+TT+draft rights to our #1 for SAR (sign and trade)+Patterson

That's a good deal for both teams.

SAR plays close to the rim. He's already a poroven scorer, when you think at how our players benefit from craw and marb playmaking skills, imagine hpw a 20ppg player would be.

Patterson is a punk but a good defender and we need that.

Deal is nice for portland, they clear a glut at PF, get rid of patterson and get a savy vet.

That would make this season pretty interesting...
TMS
USA
1/4/2005  12:06 PM
would the Nets offer their trade exception along w/Krstic, Planinic & a 1st round pick for Brand? that might be a package that peaks their interest more.

C - Collins
PF - Brand
SF - RJ
SG - VC
PG - Kidd

that would be a better team potentially than the one that made it to 2 consecutive Finals.
Wilcox out of rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy