[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would Flip Murry be a good fit on this team?
Author Thread
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
1/3/2005  9:00 PM
http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0501/03/c05-47622.htm

Out in Seattle, Ronald "Flip" Murray has been taken out of the rotation. He is in his third season and will be a free agent this summer. The Sonics are thinking of moving him, especially if he starts sulking about sitting.

The Pistons loved him coming out of Division II Shaw University and had him high on their draft board. He would certainly enhance offensive production off the bench, though he might produce some headaches for the coaches on the defensive end.

Still, he's young and he's affordable. The Sonics have entertained talks from Denver, who are apparently offering Nikoloz Tskitishvili

For anyone that has not seen this kid, he can play. He is very explosive and can pass. He also has hops. Right now I think he would be a good fit coming off the bench since he is a good scoring point and passer. We need a point guard that can shoot and give an instant impact when Marbury sits down. He also would be a good combination with Ariza on the up tempo offense. Or we can play him in back court and let Marbury play the 2 until Crawford comes back. He would helps alot more than Moochie.

[Edited by - BigC on 01/03/2005 21:09:42]

[Edited by - BigC on 01/03/2005 21:23:54]
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/3/2005  10:47 PM
Posted by BigC:

...though he might produce some headaches for the coaches on the defensive end.

doesn't play D? Thats a minus.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/3/2005  10:50 PM
Same thing as Crawford. Seattle saw enough of him to know his 20 ppg were a result of shots. He play zero defense just like JCraw main reason why he get very little time.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/3/2005  10:56 PM
flip "game over" murray - who would we trade to get him? moochie and a second rounder?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  11:49 PM
no need for him w/Crawford on this team...we need DEFENSIVE minded players if anything...add a guy like Ruben Patterson, Eric Williams, even Alonzo Mourning...they're not young bucks, but they'd strengthen the team's biggest weakness & they'd all be readily attainable...not far fetched like a Stromile Swift or Sam Dalembert.

1 interesting candidate is also Marcus Camby...now that he's injured again & Nene has played well in his absence, maybe DEN would be looking to dump his contract? you know he'd love to come back here, & Isiah would love to have him join this team i'm sure...the injury question would be a risk, but i think he could really help this team.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/03/2005 23:51:52]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BigC
Member: #829
1/4/2005  12:08 AM
Right now Craw is out and we don't know when he is going to return. Penny may still be hurt and Allan is limping. Flip as you can see has no value to his team. I just think he would be good to come off the bench with the second unit instead of Moochie. We do need a big man however I feel IT will get one in the off season. Big men are hard to get. Ruben Patterson is a good fit too, but I don't know if the Blazers want to let him go now. I know they wanted to release him in the past.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/4/2005  12:11 AM
last thing we need. if we even need another PG it should be a solid backup pas first PG who plays a little D. Moochie turns the ball over way too much and dribbles forever
raven
Member: #316
Canada
1/4/2005  3:54 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

last thing we need. if we even need another PG it should be a solid backup pas first PG who plays a little D. Moochie turns the ball over way too much and dribbles forever

agree flip is talented but is an even bigger blackhole than craw.

he couldnt defend a guy to save his life.
Would Flip Murry be a good fit on this team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy