[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Offseason Plans
Author Thread
Flight
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #216
2/24/2002  9:20 PM
Seeing as we will miss the playoffs for the first time in 14 seasons the offseason will come quickly.So we might as well get are prioties set.1.Find a ne general Manager The most likely available we can get ** Pat Croce** 2.New Head Coach If you miss Van Gundy you will like this replacement ** Mike Fratello ** 3. Make a Valid Draft choice No Ming No Williams but ** Gooden OR Stoudamire **Solves PF OR CENTER PROMBLEMS draft ** Steve Logan ** or ** Dan Dikau ** 4. Trade these people while they still haave value** Spree ** **Camby ** Thomas** And ** Harrington ** I would like To get Draft Picks Or young Talent in these deals.Hint Hint VIA ** Clippers **Maybe a ** SPEEE AND THOMAS** For **Odom And Olowkandhi**
RESPOND BACK
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/24/2002  9:47 PM
I really don't think Layden has done that bad, he came into an unworkable situation. Let us see what he does this offseason, I think holding off on trade deadline day was good, he simply couldn't match Dallas's offer for LaFrentz. I agree with Chaney, I heard today that in 19 games under JVG and without Camby, the Knicks won 10 games and with Chaney they've played i think 30+ games and have only won 10, he simply can't cut it. For replacements, I think we need a guy who hasn't been a head coach before, just start fresh. Preferably offensive-minded, up tempp type. I agree w/ getting Gooden or Stoudemire, preferably Gooden, then in the 2nd round get a guy like Dickau, Logan, maybe even a Tito Maddox. I would trade Camby definitely, hold onto Thomas, Harrington is a good throw in. Thomas can play out the two years left on his contract then Gooden can take over. Odom you might be able to get in a sign and trade with LAC since Odom's a free agent, I don't think they're trading the Kandi Man though. I heard Bill Walton say today which made a lot of sense that while Spree and Houston are good players, they don't make the players around them better, which is true. With Odom, you get a troubled but talented guy who scores, passes, handles well, and rebounds. If you clean up his act he's an All-Star. I think Camby definitely has to go and I wouldn't mind having him sit out if it raised his trade value. I would trade Camby and Sprewell to the Clips for Odom and a first rounder, though we're giving too much I think you need to do that to rebuild. With the mid-first rounder get a Dan Dickau, then in the 2nd round maybe get a 2-guard like Juan Dixon to fill behind Houston. I still think that while Williams is the best player now coming out of the draft, I think Gooden will become the best player developing into a Tim Duncan type, averaging a double-double and making the team better. We can wish, can't we?
#Knickstaps
Flight
Member: #216
2/24/2002  9:59 PM
What coaches are available other than fratello
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/24/2002  10:42 PM
Well, I'm just saying I don't think they should just go out and sign the next available coach, I don't think the Czar of Defense would do us any good. We need something fresh, new players, new strategy, etc. I'm not sure what other coaches are out there but I'm sure they could find someone. Just thinking now there is Don Nelson's son who seems like he coaches w/ a lot of passion and seems to know what he's doing and if he's anything like his dad, he'll have a nice up-tempo offense. I'm not sure, anyone know any intriguing coaches?
#Knickstaps
Offseason Plans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy