[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Amare or Dirk?

Author Poll
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
Who would you rather have on your team? Why?
Amare S.
Dirk N.
View Results

Author Thread
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
USA
1/3/2005  3:56 PM
I would rather have Amare because he is more of a defensive prowess than Dirk and you can't ignore his low post presence. He can also run the court just as well as Dirk. Dirk does have a better shot, but he lacks post up when he is matched well. But when is Dirk matched well? Bottom line, Amare is younger wit' more upside.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  3:59 PM
Amare because i prefer aggressive power players down low than finesse ones. Dirk is a great player, but i much prefer Amare's style of play.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2005  4:05 PM
I would trade our 4 best players for either one
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/3/2005  5:42 PM
Amare is younger.

Also- I think its rarer in the league to find a player who is good around the basket/paint area.

I mean, you could have Steve Kerr come out of retirement and be a spot up 3pt shooter- and to some extent, that is what makes Dirk such a good player- that he has a smooth shooting touch.
JYD31
Member: #833
1/3/2005  6:33 PM
Amare only because it seems that his numbers have gotten progressively better over the last 3 years, and rite now he's amazing and u have no idea how far he can go.
Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  6:49 PM
For the people who voted for Dirk can u please explain why. Those who stated why for Amare; those are very good points.
rojasmas
Member: #639
1/3/2005  7:16 PM
Dirk. Because he is a reliable scorer in the playoffs and Amare is having his first breakout season. If Amare does like he is doing this year for 3 years straight, I flip my vote. But neither has won a championship yet so we'll see in the next couple of years. It's interesting that Nash has now played with both, but Dallas had some great regular seasons with Nash and Dirk too, they just collapsed at playoff time.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/3/2005  7:59 PM
Dirk because his game will work on any team in any offense. Run and gun, half court, isolation, up tempo, sloball, motion anything. He is also a better ball handler and can create for other teamates. He also averages about 2 more rebounds than him. Dirk can also play in the post.

Amare is a great player. However, it is not like he has so many great post moves like an elton brand. His points come mainly from the kind of game that phoenix plays. They run and gun and dish and very little defense is played on either end. I honestly do not believe he would be putting the same numbers up in the east. If he played for a team that ran a half-court offense I don't think he would be the same player. I think the style of play out in phoenix hides his weaknesses. Also the fact that 1-4 everyone can shoot so it is a gamble to double him. He also can't go left, but that can change. He still has a tremendous upside with him being only 20 or 21, but I think right now Dirk can do more things for you offensively.
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
1/3/2005  8:03 PM
I would take Amare. He is basically an unstoppable force in the paint.
This is only his 3rd year in the league and he's making a strong case for MVP.
matt
Member: #487
USA
1/3/2005  9:09 PM
I chose Amare because he's younger and more of a low-post threat. Dirk is great too, but he doesn't play downlow. I think Amare would help the Knicks more right now but both of them would make a huge difference. ALso, it doesn't seem like Dirk is a great defender
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/3/2005  9:35 PM
This is a no brainer. You take Dirk because he can create his own shot. That was the biggest advantage that Micheal Jordan had on most players he faced.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/4/2005  1:56 AM
They're both awesome, and they both still have plenty of upside. Dirk is particularly deadly because of his killer outside touch... he can hurt you from anywhere, and he's getting better in the post. Few 7 footers can handle the ball the way he can (ok, maybe Garnett). The cool thing is that you can just get him the ball from behind the arc and he can create a shot.

I'm not sure what the heck Amare does on offense that's so unstoppable--- is he like a young Shawn Kemp who just beats his defenders with his sheer power and athleticism? (damn, Kemp was awesome a decade ago!)... At his age, he has so much room to improve... thus might be the better pick to build your franchise around.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bizzy211
USA
1/4/2005  9:27 AM
Thanks for everyone's contribution. I was able to solidify my argument against my father using this poll.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/4/2005  9:31 AM
"when the rim hits his eye
as he dunks on that guy,
that's A-ma-re."

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2005  11:23 AM
Posted by TMS:

"when the rim hits his eye
as he dunks on that guy,
that's A-ma-re."

when your coach is a jerk,
and your vioxx is from Merk....

Thats a Diiiiiirk-aye........

If your team needs a Kraut.....
and you want to scream and shout....

Thats a Diiiirk-aye.......

I love Amare! No hate by not picking him, but he is an athletic freak who is younger, and more athletic than anyone!

But I am a fundamentalist and would pick the "skilled basketball player" than the "athlete" in this situation. A 7 foot small forward is killer! Put him with an athletic defensive stopper (Damp? hes a good idea on paper) with a Sweetney/Brand paint banger and you got a hell of a front line.

Amare is just wonderful in the Suns game with Nash. If he had Kidd he would do even better! Kudos for the suns to put it together, and while Nash's contract is outragious, its a good value as it makes the suns a much better team. I think they are getting their moneys worth this year. Time will tell. Dirk does not need a Nash type point to excell. Thus, I take Dirk, but would not think twice (like denver did when they passed over him)about Amare. Imagine a core of Amare and Nene on the front line? Be hard to say if they had those two they would have been in a postition to draft Carmello, but imagine that front line? All under the age of 20! There are other variables of course, like leadership and court IQ.
Amare or Dirk?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy