Sweets & Ariza will turn into...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2005  1:00 PM
Posted by Marv:

They're going to turn into 2 current head coaches . . . . Sweets will be Paul SIlas and Ariza will be Michael Cooper.

Please note that both Silas and Cooper won MULTIPLE NBA titles in their playing careers as will Sweets and Ariza for YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!

Marv your old school!

Since when did Silas morph into John Thompson! He looks just like him!

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/4/2005  2:03 PM
Right now, Ariza reminds me of a shorter version of Camby. There are no set plays for him. He feeds off his teammates. He's a good passer. If he has the open mid range J he'll take it. On defense, he's a good one on one defender, but he's more about causing havoc for the entire opposing team, and he skies for a lot of rebounds. He's going to be an impact player like that. But every now and then, I see him making up some nice offensive moves, and that's even how Camby was, during his last couple of seasons here (Until he got that final injury.) So his upside is definitely a shorter version of Camby, in my eyes. It's hard for me to come up with a downside, b/c he plays so hard all the time. Maybe fishmike has a good downside for him. Bruce Bowen. Just a good all around defender.

It's hard to tell at this point how good Sweetney will really be. He's always improving, but it's still hard to say if he can be a consistent 18/10 player, or more of a 16/8 player (Which isn't bad at all.) He can always also not control his weight, and be like Tractor Traylor, but he works very very hard, as of now, so it's hard to say that that's his downside. So his upside is about Zach Randolph or a weak Elton Brand. And I'll just go with the crowd on the downside, and say it's Tractor, even though I'm pretty sure that's not what it will be.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/4/2005  3:32 PM
I don't know, I think Ariza reminds me of sprewell ( who was a defensive talant coming in). spree gradually became a scorer when chris mull and Tim hardaway left GS. He never really had a jump shot until late in his career, like 5 years ago. He was a slasher who could finish strong, right.....

Sweets can be barkley if he could jump a little higher, but he's learning everyday how to use that big body to create space and cause havoc in the paint.
ES
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
1/4/2005  3:40 PM
I'm hoping Sweetney turns into an oakley type of defensive player with the post moves of a Mason type player...
He is so quick sometimes... but with his body mass... he is a very unique player... tough to equate him with other players..

Ever since I first saw Ariza play.. I always think he reminds me alot of Teyshawn Prince in Detriot. They are both Thin and good defenders with super leaping ability. Once Ariza develops I think he could surpass Prince... Although I do admit they are both young and are still developing their games.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
1/4/2005  3:48 PM

Maciej Lampe
Steven Hunter
and
Jackson Vroman

when we trade them to phoenix

whatever...... i'm just board and i thought i would take 2 players we dont want to trade and try to trade them for stuff we need.

would you guys do this or should i put the bong down?
would phoenix do this?

this trade gives alot of size with 3 players that can play a bunch of spots.
Nalod
USA
1/4/2005  11:24 PM
Marv,

He was 16 min of a Sophmore at Duke Grant Hill tonite, but a better rebounder. The 17 footer? The spin in the lane? All Grant!

I loved when he yelled at Bruno for grabbing the ball and bouncing it off his head and told him to "cut it out!"

Not Grant like, but it was cool. Bruno goes on waivers in the morning, no guarantee salary for him!

No soup for bruno!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/4/2005  11:37 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Marv,

He was 16 min of a Sophmore at Duke Grant Hill tonite, but a better rebounder. The 17 footer? The spin in the lane? All Grant!

I loved when he yelled at Bruno for grabbing the ball and bouncing it off his head and told him to "cut it out!"

Not Grant like, but it was cool. Bruno goes on waivers in the morning, no guarantee salary for him!

No soup for bruno!

Yeah I definitely see the young Grant out there. Grant had a little more smooth control to his game. Trevor has a little more wild touch-of-Nique in his. Do you see the Michael Cooper? The relentless energy and movement, fearless drives to the hoop, in your jock D. The passing's there too when he gets the minutes. Gotta love this kid.
Nalod
USA
1/5/2005  9:18 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

Marv,

No soup for bruno!

Yeah I definitely see the young Grant out there. Grant had a little more smooth control to his game. Trevor has a little more wild touch-of-Nique in his. Do you see the Michael Cooper? The relentless energy and movement, fearless drives to the hoop, in your jock D. The passing's there too when he gets the minutes. Gotta love this kid.

I think coop, I think of the socks, the outside shot, the running the slot.........and the socks.

Trev is not as smooth as Grant, but Grant was only a sophmore at the same time of career. The physical demands are much tougher on Trev in the NBA.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/5/2005  10:11 AM
Charles Barkley (of the 76ers) and Dominique Wilkins (of the...well, you know)!
all kool aid all the time.
Nalod
USA
1/5/2005  10:32 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

Charles Barkley (of the 76ers) and Dominique Wilkins (of the...well, you know)!

The round mound had mad hops and could also take his man off the dribble from the wing. Sweets seems limited to 20 min of play then gets tired.

Trev vs the Human Highlight? INteresting. "Nique" had more power. But Trev is young. Trev reminds me of Tayshaun with his high intangable court sense. Trev hustles on defense!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/5/2005  10:39 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

I like the Armon Gilliam comparison. That guy could score i a hurry, but didn't play much defense. Like Sweets.
Ariza seems to me to be like "Plastic Man" from UNLV, a good athlete who doesn't really have a role. Stacey Augmon probably plays better defense though.

Armon Gilliam is right on the money. He was pretty decent in NJ. He was almost automatic down low. They called him the hammer cuz of his hook shot.

Wayman Tisdale, and Antoine Carr too.......and it's also fair to compare him to Weatherspoon.

Ariza's comparison to Stacy Augmon is pretty fair.....
Malik Sealy also is a really fair comparison. I see Ariza as being a slasher, finisher, defender, eventually his ball handling will match his playmaking cuz Ariza can really pass the ball......
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Pike
Member: #403
1/5/2005  11:22 AM
I like the Ariza comparison to Stacy Augmon. Both are exceptional athletes and neither can shoot.

Trevor is only 19 and I hope he shoots 1000 J's a day during the off season.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy