[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

not a bad game for stoudemire
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  12:54 PM
don't forget that KG & Duncan are not only great offensive players, but they're also 1st team ALL NBA defensive type players as well as great passers for their size.

Amare is becoming a force down low, but he still has to work on the other aspects of his game, as well as become the type of leader that can carry his team in the postseason, before you can ever compare him to the elite bigmen in the league.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2005  3:15 PM
Posted by TMS:

don't forget that KG & Duncan are not only great offensive players, but they're also 1st team ALL NBA defensive type players as well as great passers for their size.

Amare is becoming a force down low, but he still has to work on the other aspects of his game, as well as become the type of leader that can carry his team in the postseason, before you can ever compare him to the elite bigmen in the league.

I know this, I wouldnt trade Amare for any one player, but i would trade any one player for Amare. So I guess like Marbury, Im constituting I believe he is the most valuable individual asset to ANY basketball team in the nBA. Unless you are giving me Magic Johnson at 2 years old, Ill pass.

RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  3:28 PM
i'd take Lebron, KG, Duncan & Kobe over Amare...that's about it.

by the way, i was addressing your previous post where you said you considered Amare could be the best player in the NBA right now, not who you would trade or not trade for him...i consider both KG & Duncan to be better PF's than he is right now overall.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
1/3/2005  3:53 PM
I'm glad we are on Amare because I always tell my father that in a team game I would rather have Amare than Dirk. Agree or Disagree?
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
1/3/2005  5:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bobby:

the good news is we have a player in amare that is truly living up to his potential. the bad news, with all talented forwards in the west may be hard for amare in getting allstar votes. right now he has a better chance of making the finals and going championship.

I think Amare could be the best player in the NBA right now. I can think of one guy I would trade him for. He isnt the rebounder of an elite PF[that maybe because he plays next to Shaun Marion?] but no one is even close to his offensive game. He is do far ahead of any other player in this game in terms of offensive effeciency, including Shaq that I would vote him the number 1 player.

you may want to compare the final count to these figures below at this point in time

WEST FORWARDS
Kevin Garnett (Min.) 1,142,804
Tim Duncan (S.A.) 886,547
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal.) 482,220
Carmelo Anthony (Den.) 336,913
Amaré Stoudemire (Pho.) 282,345
Peja Stojakovic (Sac.) 170,458
Chris Webber (Sac.) 162,361
Andrei Kirilenko (Utah) 141,723
Pau Gasol (Mem.) 125,114
Kenyon Martin (Den.) 120,721

suns have assembled some of the best scorers in the league. nash, jj, q, amare, matrix. you double team one, the other is free to score at will. not taking anything away from amare, what happens if he plays for a team like hornets...is he still the big offensive machine

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2005  7:30 PM
Posted by Bobby:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by Bobby:

the good news is we have a player in amare that is truly living up to his potential. the bad news, with all talented forwards in the west may be hard for amare in getting allstar votes. right now he has a better chance of making the finals and going championship.

I think Amare could be the best player in the NBA right now. I can think of one guy I would trade him for. He isnt the rebounder of an elite PF[that maybe because he plays next to Shaun Marion?] but no one is even close to his offensive game. He is do far ahead of any other player in this game in terms of offensive effeciency, including Shaq that I would vote him the number 1 player.

you may want to compare the final count to these figures below at this point in time

WEST FORWARDS
Kevin Garnett (Min.) 1,142,804
Tim Duncan (S.A.) 886,547
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal.) 482,220
Carmelo Anthony (Den.) 336,913
Amaré Stoudemire (Pho.) 282,345
Peja Stojakovic (Sac.) 170,458
Chris Webber (Sac.) 162,361
Andrei Kirilenko (Utah) 141,723
Pau Gasol (Mem.) 125,114
Kenyon Martin (Den.) 120,721

suns have assembled some of the best scorers in the league. nash, jj, q, amare, matrix. you double team one, the other is free to score at will. not taking anything away from amare, what happens if he plays for a team like hornets...is he still the big offensive machine

It doesnt matter what team amare plays for, there is no player who can stop him. you have to watch him play to understand, he plays on another offensive level from everyone else. he doesnt need a great PG to score. he takes the ball around the foul line and moves either way on his defender and is upon the basket for a dunk or a small hook shot. how do you stop a man who is extremely strong extremely quick and has the ball over 13 feet in the air 3 feet from the basket?and he gets that positioning almost every time. If he played for NO, the only thing I can think of is he would be averaging 45 points a game. The Suns have a bunch of guys who shoot the ball, on the hornets he might get it every other time down. I think playing with other great suns rebounders takes those numbers down. and the way he plays hes never in great rebounding position on either end. Dirk has some similar traits in that he is unguardable on his JUMPSHOT, hes very guardable in the post--so you are talking about jumpshots and dunks.

RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/4/2005  9:20 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

he's the most aggressive player in the league and is re-defining his position like hakeem did 10-15 years ago. he's in a great offense that lets him play his game.

kg, duncan

then comes his class - kobe, lebron, amare, dirk

What in your opinion make kg and duncan better than kobe, lebron and amare? Just curious.
not a bad game for stoudemire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy