[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Layoff of Marburry's back......
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/3/2005  10:50 AM
I agree with Marv. I really think it is blown out of proportion. I mean, the reporter asked him who he thought the best point guard in the NBA is. Its not like Marbury called a press conference and then announced that he was the best PG.

Marbury is the MOST IMPORTANT player on the knicks team right now. If he does well, the Knicks do well and if he is off, so is the team. He is the heart and soul of this team. He is the man and everyone knows it. No one in their right mind should get on Marbury. He had a bad night just like the whole team. Its not the end of the world.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
1/3/2005  11:02 AM
I have to agree with' both Marv and Silver. This is gettin' blown out of proportion. I seen the interview and Marbury was having fun. Some of you guys are paparazzi bound IMO. Or atleast are gonna be working for the Boston media where the real NY bashers are.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/3/2005  11:17 AM
some N.Y. fans and most of all the media claimed that they know basketball, but overall, they don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Marb did what he had to do. He answered the question that he was asked eloquantly and that is not the reason why we lost the game. Kurt didn't come to play and Houston didn't come to play either. IT appears like they were just making a statement by underperforming. At the time when we truly needed Houston's ofense, he chose not to shoot the ball, so did Kurt. I will even go as far as saying that Lenny also took the night off by not playing JYD,Ariza, and Sweetney enough minutes when especially they anchor our defense. It is one thing to criticize, but put the blame where the blame is due. Kidd supportive cast came to play. IN fact the starters didn't do that well, but his bench did. Once again, Lenny got outcoached....
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2005  11:54 AM
I think Marbs took the bait witht he question. He should have just said:

"The better guards in the league SHOULD all think they are the best."

Marbs is right to think he is best, but just needs to be more careful about how he answers things. It was a stupid question, but he is only really guilty of not diffusing it.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/3/2005  11:59 AM
Marb answered the question properly. If we were to win that game versus the Nets, you all would have backed him up, but unfortunately we lost. Was it his fault that we lost? hell no. Were was Kurt, Houston, and Lenny???? Why didn't JYD and Sweetney get more playing time??? Don't blame Marb, he did his job. It is not his fault that guys were passing up shots.

Posted by Nalod:

I think Marbs took the bait witht he question. He should have just said:

"The better guards in the league SHOULD all think they are the best."

Marbs is right to think he is best, but just needs to be more careful about how he answers things. It was a stupid question, but he is only really guilty of not diffusing it.
The true Knickabocker..........
Layoff of Marburry's back......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy