[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Layoff of Marburry's back......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/2/2005  9:37 PM
Dude played really well last night. It is unfortunate that the other guys except for TT didn't come to play. Kurt and Houston were horrible, why is it that the media don't talk about them instead of Marburry? Defensively, we did ok, but we let their bench beat us. JYD didn't get enough playing time as usual. How are we going to be at home, infront of our home crowd, exactly when we truly need the energy and excitement that both Sweetney and JYD could provide, for them not to play no more than 10 minutes, especially when Kurt and others were in a serious funk. As I have said all season long, Lenny just doesn't know how to enjoy success with our players. Dont blame Marb, he did his part. He can't put the ball in the basket for Houston and Kurt....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/2/2005  10:24 PM
Marbury put up the numbers, but he didn't look like the Marbury I had expected.
The first half, he looked like the over passive form of himself, without the other guys putting it in.
In the second half, he looked pretty good, but still shot up some of those errant 3's early in the shot clock. Stick to your word Marbs, drive the ball.
In the end, he missed some key free throws.

I'm not trying to blame Marbury, he looked better than alot of our guys out there. But after you go and make a comment saying you're the best point guard, you better deliver. I can see how people would justify the heat he is taking.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/2/2005  10:25 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Dont blame Marb, he did his part. He can't put the ball in the basket for Houston and Kurt....
no, u are wrong. It is marbury's fault! He started saying he is the best PG so now he has to make sure he can single handedly beat any team. Thats what you are supposed to do. Look at Vince, hasnt he proven yet that he can single handedly beat any team like he destroyed us last night? And how dare you blame Houston. He has the sweetest jumper and he scored 50 points twice. Its not his fault. The coach and everyone else is to blame. most of all, marbury.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/2/2005  10:48 PM
H20 only scored 50 once. And Allan houston will never be what he once was. He will likely have some kind of limp for the rest of his life. HIs days of putting up big numbers are over. He may reach the 30's again but 50, I really don't see it moving the way he is nowadays.

It isn't anyones fault. Its the games fault our bodies are not built to jump the number of times an NBA player jumps in his career.
Michael6835
Member: #828
1/2/2005  11:06 PM
no, u are wrong. It is marbury's fault!

I agree with diderotn, it was not marbury fault. he can not put the ball in the basket for everyone else. I also think playing penny hardaway as much as he did interupted the flow of the team. I was at the game and as much of you saw houston is just not looking for his shot. I mean if he is not going to shoot that beatiful jumper then what good is he. Marbs also has to jack up 3's because when defense switches to zone, he cant penetrate and no one else on the knicks wants to take the shot.
There are alot of good pg in the league, people like nash and kidd have more athletic players around them so it is easy to get them points. Throw the ball in the air and someone catches it or run down the court really fast. Marbury doesnt have that to run with, the knicks do not have fast break finishers except for Marb, JC, and Sweets (soft hands) .
I respect Marbury, because every game he works for his. The nets were hacking him on every drive, I heard the slaps and we got no call.
M
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/2/2005  11:08 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

H20 only scored 50 once. And Allan houston will never be what he once was. He will likely have some kind of limp for the rest of his life. HIs days of putting up big numbers are over. He may reach the 30's again but 50, I really don't see it moving the way he is nowadays.

It isn't anyones fault. Its the games fault our bodies are not built to jump the number of times an NBA player jumps in his career.

First of all, I'd like to say that maybe silverfuel was being sarcastic with the how dare you blame houston comment. and just to correct killa4luv, he scored 50 twice. 53 away vs lakers and 50 home vs bucks. I just had to say that.
http://allknicks.com
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/3/2005  12:25 AM
31pts and 8ast's is doing your part like a mofo! other guys did'nt come to play. that's the bottom line. what other point can give you 20pts 9ast per? he's the best point hands down. no one in the league can stop him on the drive, and if you double him he'll find the open man.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/3/2005  12:37 AM
Posted by daddynel:

31pts and 8ast's is doing your part like a mofo! other guys did'nt come to play. that's the bottom line. what other point can give you 20pts 9ast per? he's the best point hands down. no one in the league can stop him on the drive, and if you double him he'll find the open man.

mainly TT and H20 and Lenny playing penny!
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2005  12:39 AM
camby was a proven player. I believed he averaged 12pts and 4 blocks in his last season in Toronto before we got him.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/3/2005  12:41 AM
It wasnt Marbury fault for playin badly, it was his fault for opening his mouth and lighting a fire under the Nets.

You just don't do that, he has done that to the Knicks before, insulting Ward and Childs back in the day, and the next game they killed him.

And they sucked so bad, it was just that they got fired up to play Marbury and his big mouth.

The loss fauls fully on Marbury big mouth.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2005  12:42 AM
Posted by simrud:

It wasnt Marbury fault for playin badly, it was his fault for opening his mouth and lighting a fire under the Nets.

You just don't do that, he has done that to the Knicks before, insulting Ward and Childs back in the day, and the next game they killed him.

And they sucked so bad, it was just that they got fired up to play Marbury and his big mouth.

The loss fauls fully on Marbury big mouth.

but the Nets play great at MSG regardless
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/3/2005  12:51 AM
Posted by daddynel:

no one has ever questioned star's ability in producing a performance.
his ability to go jugular and make that performance count in team environment has quite a few critics scratching their heads. sorry, but winning is everything
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2005  12:55 AM
I find it funny that people are saying Marbury doesn't get the most out of his teammates when both Nazr and Kurt are having career years. Mostly because of Marbury. Now imagine the damage a real PF or Center like Duncan, Amare, Brand or even Curry would do.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/03/2005 00:55:51]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/3/2005  1:19 AM
^^^ i wish he could've got the most out of our bench last night
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2005  1:50 AM
don't tell me Kurt's 14pts & 9rebs a couple years ago on a 30win team was good. This year he's putting up 11 & 10 next to Nazr's 13 & 9 on a 16-14 team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2005  9:09 AM
putting up stats is one thing, leading the team to victory is another.

Isiah needs to put Marbs over his knee and teach him yet another lesson in leadership.

Saying your the best, and your a loser speaks volumes!

IMHO Bobby Hurley is the greatest college point guard in the modern era! Why? Because he was the floor general on a team that went to the final 4 3 of 4 years, and won two in a row!

Was Bobby the best player? Not really, but the best team mate? Yes!

Can and does Marbs elevate his game to up stats and win? That is what the best point guard does.

And rarely do they spout off about it.

Isiah has Marbs back, but that does not make it right.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2005  9:54 AM
for point guards, the barometer is winning. that's how point guards are judged in this league. not by assists, points, or steals. a point guard is judged by making those around him better AND more importantly winning.

so far, steph provides #'s and does improve the play of others but he doesn't win and has never won. until he does, he'll always have his critics and get his fair share of knocks. it's just the way it is.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/3/2005  9:57 AM
Sure- Marbury came to play- his comments clearly motivated the other team- and they might have de-motivated his team mates- just think what all marbury's team mates might have, at least in the back of their heads been thinking.

Did Jordan ever come out an say he's the best ever? Did Magic or Bird ever say it?

I'm sure when we play Phoenix, some reporter is going to ask all the Sun's players- "do you think Marbury's better than Nash?" We'll probably get spanked both games by over 20pts!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/3/2005  10:19 AM
Marbury must realize that he is going to be measured on how well the other guys are playing and his influence in that process, that is why I thought the early season Marbury was better than the one I have seen the last four games. He is turning the ball over more and he is giving the ball to guys where they can not produce. Nazr is not really a post up player, dude can barely finish around the basket. Tell me this,what smart point guard would run their offense throught that guy?

He is turning in to the Chad Pennington of the Knicks!!

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2005  10:31 AM
Ridiculous. After the 3 game winning streak pages and pages of posts talking about Marbury as the best PG and playting MVP level ball. One bad Knick loss (where he also happens to have 31 and 8) and pages now trashing him and blowing one stupid comment to the press out of proportion.
Layoff of Marburry's back......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy