[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

PLAYA: observations on the knicks
Author Thread
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
1/3/2005  5:08 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

I would still like to see NENE here. Penny and Sweets for Nene and Tskitish plus bad contract? I make that deal.

There were rumors that Denver turned down a deal for Nene for someone really good, though I don't remember who. Point being, they're asking a lot and we certainly don't have the horses they would be looking for.

Sup, Gony?

[Edited by - Pike on 01/03/2005 17:10:21]
AUTOADVERT
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
1/3/2005  9:08 PM
Can't accept mediocrity without direction, I agree. That's what we had for years. But now we have a direction. We're getting better. We've gotten younger and more athletic. It's all part of a process. Still have a couple of missing pieces (including a great coach, IMO)

And the Nets game ... Vince wasn't the difference. We'd have lost by 20 if we had him on our team and had given up Nazr to get him. What did Carter shoot, 5 for 16? We have plenty of guys who can do that already. I'm glad Isaih didn't overpay for him.

We had a lousy game. We've had a number of them. We'll have more. But that doesn't mean we're not getting better. Everyone with guns to their heads should chill and be glad we have a team good enough to suprise us for looking so bad in a game like that one, unlike what we had the last few years, where that's what we expected.
Posted by playa2:
Posted by bernard:

This is about realistic expectations. Let's be objective. We're 2 games over 500. We've been w/o either Houston or Craw for pretty much the whole season. And we are younger, more athletic, and have a roster that provides more trading flexibility than before Isaih came to town.

Agree completely w/ Bonn. This is progressing about as well as it could be expected.

We're not that good yet. We all know we need an all-star big who can play help D. Isaih will deliver in the summer or at the deadline.

We'll have a lot of bad losses this year. But we'll also win 45 or so games and get a good run in the playoffs, maybe even win a series. Everything is going according to plan.

Then why are fans ready to put a gun to their heads in the new yr after the statement game against the soon to be crosstown rivial nets.

We laughed a the Nets saying the trade for Carter depleted their frontline and then they come right out the gate in the new yr and crush our frontline. Aren't we the team with the better depth?

Mediocrity I FOR ONE WILL NOT EXCEPT!!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/3/2005  10:37 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by bernard:

This is about realistic expectations. Let's be objective. We're 2 games over 500. We've been w/o either Houston or Craw for pretty much the whole season. And we are younger, more athletic, and have a roster that provides more trading flexibility than before Isaih came to town.

Agree completely w/ Bonn. This is progressing about as well as it could be expected.

We're not that good yet. We all know we need an all-star big who can play help D. Isaih will deliver in the summer or at the deadline.

We'll have a lot of bad losses this year. But we'll also win 45 or so games and get a good run in the playoffs, maybe even win a series. Everything is going according to plan.

Then why are fans ready to put a gun to their heads in the new yr after the statement game against the soon to be crosstown rivial nets.
Because we don't have Vince Carter, who would have made a good chearleader
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/4/2005  1:07 AM
Playa: The thing I don't get is how can u say we only beat Orlando because they came out flat after Christmas but not say the same about the Knicks coming out flat at home after New Years. Thats kind of contradicting.

And also. Marbury doesn't have to be a pure point guard for this team to win. If u compare Zeke to John Stockton who was the pure PG and who won the championships. Marbury is what he is. What we need to figure out is how can we turn it into Ws. Vs the Nets we got beat up inside by Kristic and we missed good looks. It wasn't Marbury's fault and it wasn't Wilkins fault. It was just one of those games. The only way to become more consistant is for Marbury to have someone very consistant to play along side of that plays as high a level as Marbury. Even Jordan had Pippen.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/4/2005  8:17 AM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Playa: The thing I don't get is how can u say we only beat Orlando because they came out flat after Christmas but not say the same about the Knicks coming out flat at home after New Years. Thats kind of contradicting.

And also. Marbury doesn't have to be a pure point guard for this team to win. If u compare Zeke to John Stockton who was the pure PG and who won the championships. Marbury is what he is. What we need to figure out is how can we turn it into Ws. Vs the Nets we got beat up inside by Kristic and we missed good looks. It wasn't Marbury's fault and it wasn't Wilkins fault. It was just one of those games. The only way to become more consistant is for Marbury to have someone very consistant to play along side of that plays as high a level as Marbury. Even Jordan had Pippen.
Listen man Orlando didn't sweep us last yr in the playoffs , how can you explain why we wouldn't be up for that game to start the new year?

When Zeke played the game was a little different, he had the perfect balanced game and he even played defense. The boy gotta grow up period!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/4/2005  1:46 PM
New Years is a bigger party atmosphere than Chirstmas. Christmas is more calmer spending time with family. New Years is crazyness.

Marbury had 31pts 4rebs 8assist shot over 50%, and shot 40% from 3. Kidd had 13pts 4rebs 3assist 4-11 FG, 0-3 from 3 . He did his job at the guard spot. And the Nets played excellent defense blocking Marbury's penitration and recovering. What hurt us was Houston 3-8, KT 3-8 and the Bench being outscored like 26-10. Also what hurt us was Buford killing an ailing Housotn and Kristic controlling the paint area. The Knicks missed a lot of good looks in the begining. KT missed open Js. Tim Thomas missed 2 open 3s. Houston missed some open looks.

This is a game were reality sets in and u see that we will never be consistant unless we get Marbury a stud to play along side of.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
PLAYA: observations on the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy