[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not that this is going to happen, but...
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2002  12:14 PM
From a NY Post article....

http://www.nypost.com/sports/39516.htm
Williams grew up in Plainfield, N.J. and perks up at the mere mention of playing in the Garden. But while he says, "I grew up a Knick fan, and the possibility of playing in New York is exciting," he's far more concerned with this season. He's too busy graduating in three years while carving out his legacy as one of college basketball's all-time greats.

And as far as Jason playing for the Knicks, who currently have the eighth-worst record in the NBA, David Williams said, "He's always been a Knick fan. And the Nets would draw with him being a local kid. But, I said, 'No matter where you go, as long as they have an airport, we'll see you.' "

That should be "Knicks, who currently have the eighth-worst - and dropping - record in the NBA..."

Jason sure wouldn't help the Knicks' big man problem, but he is a talent. Thoughts?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
NYFAN4LIFE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #65
USA
2/24/2002  4:39 PM
Well if Wies still doesnt have game then the Knicks should draft Ming because there to short and need a inside presence badly.Knicks still would have Jax for one more year and Ward for the next five as well as Eisley.Even though they need to replace all the piont guards i think so the Knicks should try to get free agent Travis Best over the summer as well.Dont get me wrong i would love to see J.Will as a Knick and if it does happen.Then the Knicks should work on a trade with the team that selects Ming.

[Edited by - nyfan4life on 02/24/2002 16:57:57]
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
2/24/2002  5:33 PM
Do u guys really want that ming guy?? I mean I'm sure he is tall and stuff but he plays in china where everyone is like 5 feet tall, of course he is going to dominate. Name one guy over 7'5 that acutally is good??????? there aint any, all he is is rick smits but taller, I really hope the knicsk dont get him, we already drafted an overseas guy and did he work out. So if their is a chance of getting this ming dude or jason williams, Jason williams is a star and ming is a roleplayer.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/24/2002  5:36 PM
I would much rather draft Drew Gooden or Amare Stoudemire, with Gooden being more of a sure thing and having them develop into a Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett type of power forward that can carry a team. Have them back up Thomas and play 25-30 min. a game and when Thomas's contract runs out in 2004/2005 depending on if the team resigned him, that would give them 2 years to develop and just might work out. Ming has too many question marks. Maybe even take a chance on Qyntel Woods, a JUCO player who is a 6 ft. 9 "2" guard. That might work out, I'd rather take one of the power forwards though. I'd much rather take a high schooler or a JUCO player then someone from China. Wasn't he comparable to Wang ZhiZhi who is the 10th man on the Mavs. I def. don't want ming.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
2/25/2002  12:58 PM
Finally someone that agrees with me. Why take him when there is so much better talent out there. I already know we are going to get a pick probably from 7th to 10th and Gooden and Stoudemire are much better picks then ming. So it all starts with the gm making the best choice for the knicks and hopefully it aint laydan making it
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that this is going to happen, but...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy