Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/2/2005  7:36 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Nalod:

Isiah held integrity by not trading Crawford after wooing him.

Unless Craw created a situation not condusive to the team, then Isiah can trade him, but you dont recruit a player and then trade him. Its just not right even if it means getting Wince Harder!

Sometimes it just don't happen!

Kidds back board pass to vince was freaking amazing! I saw the replay and it was a great pass! Kidd got that six sense!

Integriety, he lost that when he treated Chaney and Dice like poo poo.
He didnt woo them which is why he poo poo'd them.

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/3/2005  1:22 AM
Posted by playa2:

With out VC getting doubled and the entire knicks team watching him with the ball Buford DOESN'T GET THOSE OPEN LOOKS LATE IN THE GAME. What GAME WERE YOU GUYS WATCHING

playa, again you get caught with your pants down, Buford and Best did most of their work when the nets had Kidd and VC on the bench, what are you talking about?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NineMike2Whiskey
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #732
1/3/2005  1:31 AM
It's just 1 game Playa, 1 game, VC will stink up the swamps with his wussy ways on other nights. The VC of old , half -man half amazing is GONE. Seriously I think you are giving up on Crawford way too earyl, if JC improves his shot selection and rely more on that crossover of his, he WILL warrant more double teams down the stretch.

I agree the Knicks need to improve, but VC isn't the answer, the answer lies in an improved frontcourt no point in crying about spilt milk, VC isnt worth this argument
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/3/2005  8:51 AM
Mikewhiskey, There is another player who didn't go to college who doesn't understand "real" team ball his name is Kobe Bryant.
Playa: Are you saying you'd take Vince over Kobe too???
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2005  9:02 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Nalod:

Isiah held integrity by not trading Crawford after wooing him.

Unless Craw created a situation not condusive to the team, then Isiah can trade him, but you dont recruit a player and then trade him. Its just not right even if it means getting Wince Harder!

Sometimes it just don't happen!

Kidds back board pass to vince was freaking amazing! I saw the replay and it was a great pass! Kidd got that six sense!

Integriety, he lost that when he treated Chaney and Dice like poo poo.
He didnt woo them which is why he poo poo'd them.

"No Poo on the ones you woo"!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/3/2005  9:32 AM
Mikewhiskey, There is another player who didn't go to college who doesn't understand "real" team ball his name is Kobe Bryant.

JC played 1 yr at univ of michigan and he has the same sick syndrome as Kobe, Bryant has better athletic abilty than Craw but has his moments of ball hogging and forgetting about his teamates.

Craw is 24 yrs old and has developed a rucker style of basketball all his life, personaly I don't thnk he's gonna change much. Just my opinion.
Bonn don't be that dumb man!

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
1/3/2005  9:45 AM
This is a horrible thread. VC played liked sh** when we played the Nets and the Knicks played even worse. It wasn't like he played like Dirk did when we decided to run the zone against Dallas. If anything, we got burnt more by their benchplayers when VC was on tha bench. The only thing that showed out of VC that night was confidence because we came out and played flat. The whole Nets team looked confident.... even their role players. I was really hoping to see Baker ans Sundov play in the game to put the pressure on the Nets big somehow. I think we went too small against them. Mohammed at PF and Sundov at Center. That could've worked. Maybe. I hope so. Uh uh urgh. Forget it.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
playa2

1/3/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

This is a horrible thread. VC played liked sh** when we played the Nets and the Knicks played even worse. It wasn't like he played like Dirk did when we decided to run the zone against Dallas. If anything, we got burnt more by their benchplayers when VC was on tha bench. The only thing that showed out of VC that night was confidence because we came out and played flat. The whole Nets team looked confident.... even their role players. I was really hoping to see Baker ans Sundov play in the game to put the pressure on the Nets big somehow. I think we went too small against them. Mohammed at PF and Sundov at Center. That could've worked. Maybe. I hope so. Uh uh urgh. Forget it.

Bizzy, what game did you watch?

In the 4th qtr VC took over the playmaking duties by bringing the ball up making plays for other people knowing when he drove or posted up he would suck all the knicks to him.

VC knocked down 3's in the 4th qtr that quieted our crowd when the knicks made a run late in the game.

Bizzy you said VC had a lousy game, what game did you watch?

VC had 16 pts 6 assist and 5 reb.

VC is still learning the nets motion offense and has only been with the team for 3 freakin games and you are comparing him to Dirk Nowitzki ?

Man some guys here are starting to skip their meds and are ODing ON HATERADE. .

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  10:49 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Bizzy211:

Bizzy, what game did you watch?

In the 4th qtr VC took over the playmaking duties by bringing the ball up making plays for other people knowing when he drove or posted up he would suck all the knicks to him.

VC knocked down 3's in the 4th qtr that quieted our crowd when the knicks made a run late in the game.

Bizzy you said VC had a lousy game, what game did you watch?

VC had 16 pts 6 assist and 5 reb.

VC is still learning the nets motion offense and has only been with the team for 3 freakin games and you are comparing him to Dirk Nowitzki ?

Man some guys here are starting to skip their meds and are ODing ON HATERADE. .

You know what. You are what I call a nuthugger. It's not like the guy dropped 25 on us. He only had 16 points and the Knicks were playing like sh** and you are praising his performance?
Are you serious?

When F***ing Ricky Davis drops those numbers on us I don't see you praising his performance. Don't bring up those meaningless stats to me. They don't mean s*** and you and everyone else on this forum knows that.

Get off his sack man. Carter didn't do anything the Knicks didn't do to themselves. I blame the Knicks more for that lost than Carter we missed 4 freethrows in the fourth and had costly turnovers.... and wit' Carters bulls*** "16 pts 6 assist and 5 reb" we were still in the game. So what do you have to say about that?

Don't get me wrong, Carter is a good player, but his performance against us the other day was nothing to talk about. Our lack luster performance in the start of the game is.

You act like the guy has never played in the NBA before. So what he's only been wit' tha team for 3 days. His game against us was a lousy one compared to tha Vince I know who arrives in the MSG to play against the Knicks.

I spoke of Dirk because his performance against us was something to talk about, not V.C's.

Maybe Vince might be able to jump a little higher if u let ur kung-fu grip go and get off his nut*ack.

P.S

This is just a harmful bashin' don't take it too serious. lol.

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 01/03/2005 10:52:00]

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 01/03/2005 10:52:47]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/3/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

You know what. You are what I call a nuthugger. It's not like the guy dropped 25 on us. He only had 16 points and the Knicks were playing like sh** and you are praising his performance?
LOL . Carter does suck and I am glad he plays for the Nets. Playa is just wrong as always.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2005  11:03 AM
not for nothing playa, but let it go already. vince is not a knick and there's no need to keep bringing him up. i don't care if he goes on to average 55 ppg with the nets, he's not a knick and that's it. no need to cry over spilled milk and it's a waste of time trying to convince others to agree with you. you like him, others don't. c'est la vie.
playa2

1/3/2005  12:04 PM
Oak: Change of Jersey
will boost Carter

Charles Oakley was one of Vince Carter's harshest critics when the two were teammates in Toronto, questioning, among other things, Carter's toughness and his mother's influence on the franchise.
But Oakley, the former Knicks forward and resident tough guy, praised Carter yesterday, saying the newest Net has found the perfect place to rejuvenate his career.

"He has a chance to be an All-Star player again," Oakley said. "(Jason) Kidd is going to make Vince a better player. But I'll tell you, Vince is another athletic player who is going to make Kidd better and he's going to make (Richard) Jefferson better."

Oakley and Carter were teammates from 1999 through 2000-01. In that final season together, Carter enjoyed his best year in helping the Raptors reach the second round, where they lost to Philadelphia, the eventual conference champ, in seven games. Many league observers feel Oakley's tough-love approach was a useful tool in inspiring Carter to play well.

"Kidd will take a lot of pressure off of him," Oakley said over the telephone. "New Jersey is a good place for him."

What some of you forget is a change of scenary works for a players good sometimes and this is a prime example. THANKS CHARLES

Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bizzy211:

LOL . Carter does suck and I am glad he plays for the Nets. Playa is just wrong as always.
I could understand if we didn't trade Crawford for an available Lebron James/Amare Stoudamire type player. It was a hurt VC who only managed to score 16 points. Lol. Please.
Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by playa2:

Oak: Change of Jersey
will boost Carter

Charles Oakley was one of Vince Carter's harshest critics when the two were teammates in Toronto, questioning, among other things, Carter's toughness and his mother's influence on the franchise.
But Oakley, the former Knicks forward and resident tough guy, praised Carter yesterday, saying the newest Net has found the perfect place to rejuvenate his career.

"He has a chance to be an All-Star player again," Oakley said. "(Jason) Kidd is going to make Vince a better player. But I'll tell you, Vince is another athletic player who is going to make Kidd better and he's going to make (Richard) Jefferson better."

Oakley and Carter were teammates from 1999 through 2000-01. In that final season together, Carter enjoyed his best year in helping the Raptors reach the second round, where they lost to Philadelphia, the eventual conference champ, in seven games. Many league observers feel Oakley's tough-love approach was a useful tool in inspiring Carter to play well.

"Kidd will take a lot of pressure off of him," Oakley said over the telephone. "New Jersey is a good place for him."

What some of you forget is a change of scenary works for a players good sometimes and this is a prime example. THANKS CHARLES

What does this article prove man? Lol. Okay ur right Vince Carter is the greatest. His 16 point performance was phenominal.
That was one of the greatest performances ever by an opponent against the Knicks.
All hail "Half-Man, Half-A-Season" the human "Humpty-Dumpty". This article quoting Oakley only proves this argument supported by Playa. How can we be so wrong.
Lol. You are ridiculous playa. Get over Carter, good player, but Wade, James, Amare, Nash, Garnett, Dirk, Shaq are more exciting players at the moment.
When he's healthy then u should n*thug, but not now.
playa2

1/3/2005  12:21 PM
Bizzy who dresses you in the morning.

In his 1st games back from being off for 3 weeks and returning to play for a new team and still learning the complex motion offense. Carter has totals of

23pts 5 assist 4 reb 3 stl against the Defending champs Pistons. 42 min

25 pts 2 assist 6 reb 2 stl against A resurging Chicago team in 41 min

25 pts 3assist and 8 rebs against Indy in 42 min.

16pts 5 reb 6 assist 2stl against the knicks in 39 min.

averaging 22pts 4.0 assist 5.7 reb.

EXCUSE ME!
You came into the debate late man, I was comparing him to the chucker we didn't give up for him, why are you comoparing him to amare shaq and wade

[Edited by - playa2 on 01/03/2005 12:24:42]
Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  12:28 PM
Posted by playa2:

Bizzy who dresses you in the morning.

In his 1st games back from being off for 3 weeks and returning to play for a new team and still learning the complex motion offense. Carter has totals of

23pts 5 assist 4 reb 3 stl against the Defending champs Pistons. 42 min

25 pts 2 assist 6 reb 2 stl against A resurging Chicago team in 41 min

25 pts 3assist and 8 rebs against Indy in 42 min.

16pts 5 reb 6 assist 2stl against the knicks in 39 min.

averaging 22pts 4.0 assist 5.7 reb.

EXCUSE ME!
You came into the debate late man, I was comparing him to the chucker we didn't give up for him, why are you comoparing him to amare shaq and wade

[Edited by - playa2 on 01/03/2005 12:24:42]

"Bizzy who dresses you in the morning."

Lol, that's real cute Playa. lol

There you go once again wit' stats. Did he drop 22 against us? No. And his average stats don't mean anything when it comes to u addressing the fact that u are one of Vince's pubic hair in disguise. Or betta yet his jock strap. You are so facsinated by this guy it's scary. Do u atleast agree that what Vince did against the Knicks was not at all special and that the Knicks beat themselves?

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 01/03/2005 12:28:49]
playa2

1/3/2005  1:06 PM
Bizzy compare him to the chucker(JC) and we have a debate, compare him to anyone else and you are wayyyy over the top.

You know what move stayed in everybody's mind in the statement game against the nets, the slamoff the glass from J.Kidd.n

NY fans should wish
we hade someone who could make you spill you're popcorn after his dramatic rim wrecking dunks.

Is it a crime to want Vince instead of the lil rucker boy is JC?
Bizzy211
USA
1/3/2005  3:45 PM
Posted by playa2:

Bizzy compare him to the chucker(JC) and we have a debate, compare him to anyone else and you are wayyyy over the top.

You know what move stayed in everybody's mind in the statement game against the nets, the slamoff the glass from J.Kidd.n

NY fans should wish
we hade someone who could make you spill you're popcorn after his dramatic rim wrecking dunks.

Is it a crime to want Vince instead of the lil rucker boy is JC?

Man it wasn't Carter that people were talkin' about when that dunk off the glass happened. It was J. Kidd for makin' the pass. This is what is amazing to me. Others (like myself) will see the brilliance that lead to that play (the keen pass from Kidd) and you will just see ur boyfriend finishing. You only notice Carter it seems and that's wierd.

No it isn't a crime to want Carter over JC, but damn, JC wasn't even playing so he can't defend himself. Talk about bein' unfair.

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 01/03/2005 15:46:30]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2005  4:18 PM
are Playa and VC really dating? That would explain a lot around here.
JVG = playa's ex
VC = playa's current

And as for the Oakley arguement... well, if Oak said it, it must be true.

VC will have his big scoring nights, because he's a good scorer. He's also always hurt and is soft, thus demonstrated by his missing games with tummy aches and sore feet (not too sore to dance though). How about in 2000 when the Rapors lost 10 in a row. VC got hurt and the Raptors 30-38 at the time went 12-2 without Vince to make the playoffs. (FYI: that was Lenny's team).

Vince isnt the least bit better than Jerry Stackhouse. Good scorer, gimpy and not worth the headaches.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
1/3/2005  4:21 PM
Respectfully, the Knicks didn't give anything to NJ....the Nets just flat came out and took what they wanted. I love Marbury's game, he's definitely better all around than Kidd at this point. However, Kidd definitely was more effective at involving his teammates than Marbury (it could easily be argued that Marbury had no choice and Kidd has infinitely more talent around him). If not for Marbury playing out of his head in the second half the Knicks wouldn't have threatened at all. Kristic can play for a 21 year old center and just who the hell is Jabari Smith? We would have the same thing if Sweetney and Ariza played many more minutes. Tim, i'm sorry but as a basketball player he just plain ol' stinks. Honestly fellas, I wouldn't have minded swapping Tim for Carter on the Knicks. So, without getting emotional or bent out of shape over the whole issue...congrats to the Nets on scoring a major coup in getting Carter for peanuts. Yeah Carter may go down with an injury but I wouldn't be surprised if he became more than what he was before (yeah I said it) just due to his becoming a US citizen again (yes, more than just a change of scenery ). I wish Isiah had been able to pull it off for as little....Dude can flat out play.
My observation of VC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy