[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My observation of VC
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/2/2005  7:49 AM
One of the reason why he would fit the knicks instead of crawford is how he commands a double team when he gets the ball, especially at crunch time.

We are in desperate need of a low post threat and with VC we would have the abilty to post up + Vince would give us dribble penetration and kick to a "WIDE OPEN" Allan Houston. Also we could have welcomed him to be a finisher with dunking power and instead of kidd feeding him , Marbury could be feeding him.

Zeke didn't pull the trigger and we are gonna suffer for it.

Some like a guy who has bad shot selection,but when playoffs come(craw has never been there) we can't afford this guy to shoot us out of a big game.

Keep judging VC this yr and remember you wanted an undisciplined Crawfish instead of a proven big game performer in VC at MADISON Square Garden.

[Edited by - playa2 on 01/02/2005 09:17:49]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/2/2005  8:53 AM
Carter is too injury prone to be healthy when the playoffs come around.

VC is not the low post threat we need. We need a PF/C in the post.

VC sucked last night in every aspect of the game. Thank god he is not in NY! Dont compare him to Crawford, compare him to Stephon. Crawford is not a star player yet.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 01/02/2005 08:53:56]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

1/2/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Carter is too injury prone to be healthy when the playoffs come around.

VC is not the low post threat we need. We need a PF/C in the post.

VC sucked last night in every aspect of the game. Thank god he is not in NY! Dont compare him to Crawford, compare him to Stephon. Crawford is not a star player yet.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 01/02/2005 08:53:56]

Silver how many times did we see VC draw a double against us, you mean to tell me we couldn't use that until we get a quality big man instead of a chucker in crawfish? In the playoffs we are gonna need someone who demands a double and since big man are hard to come by VC would have been the best we could do.

You say compare him to Marbury, why? Marbury wasn't considered in the trade for VC, Crawfish was and VC knocked down 3's in the 4th qtr that quieted our crowd when the knicks made a run late in the game.

Silver you said VC sucked in every aspect of the game, what game did you watch?

VC had 16 pts 6 assist and 5 reb.

You are funny man 4 real doe.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/2/2005  9:27 AM
same amount of points as buford.

The game was lost because H20 and Penny couldn't cover buford.

Carter was ok, but his style of play is the same as crawfords and we get 25 points a game from him and his defense is much improved.

Hand it to the Nets..they came out and blasted us, but in the playoffs, it's a different story...you can only go so much on energy and over a series, I'm not so sure krecec gets those boards and Buford hits those shots.
all kool aid all the time.
playa2

1/2/2005  9:35 AM
With out VC getting doubled and the entire knicks team watching him with the ball Buford DOESN'T GET THOSE OPEN LOOKS LATE IN THE GAME. What GAME WERE YOU GUYS WATCHING
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/2/2005  9:38 AM
I saw when houston came in during bufords run and marbs whispered in h20's ear (probably something like GUARD BUFORD) and the next time down the floor buford got an uncontested shot over Houston...and houston was NOT doubling Carter at the time.

Did you really watch the game, or are you just assuming that buford got open because carter was doubled?
all kool aid all the time.
Silverfuel
USA
1/2/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by playa2:

Silver how many times did we see VC draw a double against us, you mean to tell me we couldn't use that until we get a quality big man
See thats the problem with you. You always try to look for a quick fix not thinking of the future. You are always thinking about what to do right now and nothing else. I dont even want to argue about VC helping us because he wont. TT was drawing more double teams than Carter.
You say compare him to Marbury, why? Marbury wasn't considered in the trade for VC, Crawfish was
Once again you are wrong. Dont you get tired of being wrong? Craw was never considered. It was only TT and Penny. You are getting caught up in rumors and trying to live a lie? Whats next, Allan Houston for Duncan?
VC had 16 pts 6 assist and 5 reb.
He shot 30% from the field. LOL . He took the most shots on the whole team and didnt even lead the team in scoring. Now thats your fix? 30% FG, hahahaha. I should thank god you are nowhere near the team's staff that makes trades.
You are funny man 4 real doe.
One of my new years resolutions is to show you and your boy Allan Houston some respect.
playa2

1/2/2005  9:45 AM
Carter, who assumed the playmaking duties for the Nets during a large part of the fourth quarter, had 16 points, five assists and six rebounds.

This is why the whole knicks team was so focused on VC, HE WAS THE ONE MAKING PLAYS WITH GOOD BALL MOVEMENT.

You know for a fact silver that craw would have shot the ball without moving it around for the best shot.

I didn't want to bring this up to you again, but you just don't seem to understand how a VC on our roster would make the gane easier for all of our players.
playa2

1/2/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

I saw when houston came in during bufords run and marbs whispered in h20's ear (probably something like GUARD BUFORD) and the next time down the floor buford got an uncontested shot over Houston...and houston was NOT doubling Carter at the time.

Did you really watch the game, or are you just assuming that buford got open because carter was doubled?

Yes when Carter drove to the basket in the 4th qtr and drew the entire knicks roster and kicked the ball out to Buford for a devastating 3 pt shot that broke our back.
Silverfuel
USA
1/2/2005  10:01 AM
Posted by playa2:

you just don't seem to understand how a VC on our roster would make the gane easier for all of our players.
You are once again living a lie. VC is not on our roster. We offered to sign and trade Kobe too you know. That doesnt mean we have him or we definately should've had him!
playa2

1/2/2005  10:43 AM
Silver you said :

Once again you are wrong. Dont you get tired of being wrong? Craw was never considered. It was only TT and Penny. You are getting caught up in rumors and trying to live a lie? Whats next, Allan Houston for Duncan?

The Knicks tried mightily to get Carter but never made the offer the Raptors wanted.

Ya see the Raptors wanted CRAWFORD, it wasn't about who the knicks were gonna give up, but who the Raptors wanted in return because Carter was gonna be traded. Zeke chose to keep the chucker.

Silverfuel
USA
1/2/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by playa2:

Ya see the Raptors wanted CRAWFORD, it wasn't about who the knicks were gonna give up, but who the Raptors wanted in return because Carter was gonna be traded. Zeke chose to keep the chucker.
Once again u are wrong . They also wanted JYD and stuff. They were asking too much. It didnt break down just for Crawford but he was are reason.

BTW: Ur quote tags are all over the place. It's hard too read ur real message not in between the tags. please fix them.
playa2

1/2/2005  12:18 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by playa2:

Once again u are wrong . They also wanted JYD and stuff. They were asking too much. It didnt break down just for Crawford but he was are reason.

In the first "what might have been" moment of the night, Carter snatched a Houston pass and streaked for a breakaway two-handed dunk early in the first quarter. He acknowledged that the thought of playing permanently at the Garden had crossed his mind as he took the court.

"I was thinking that, but I was thinking that when it all started, as well," he said, referring to the trade talks. The Knicks tried mightily to get Carter but never made the offer the Raptors wanted.

Left for mortal in his final days in Toronto, Carter has regained his passion and flair since crossing the border.

"He seems rejuvenated," said Knicks Coach Lenny Wilkens, who coached Carter for three years in Toronto. "He seems like he's having some fun."

NUFF SAID!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2005  12:45 PM
Playa STFU!!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2005  12:58 PM
lol.. this is funny. VC is lousy. Houston bailed him out with a bad shooting night, but VC is a total chucker, heck, he's worse that Crawford. The only reason he gets double teamed is because everyone knows he will force a bad shot before he passes every time.

Last night was ever reason the Knicks DONT need VC. We lost that game because we came out flat and missed FTs late.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
playa2

1/2/2005  1:33 PM
Guns your pitiful.

Fishy, WHEN VC GOT THE SLAMS DIDN'T YA HEART DROP.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2005  3:32 PM
ummm... no not really. What made my heart drop was watching my team come out with ZERO energy and play like crap for the first half and then miss free throws in crunchtime.

Sorry.. Vince's 6-18 and 3 TO performance didnt have me pining for him and Jalen to be here jacking up their lousy shots for the next 3 years. Nope... cant say I'm sorry to have avoided that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2005  4:21 PM
Isiah held integrity by not trading Crawford after wooing him.

Unless Craw created a situation not condusive to the team, then Isiah can trade him, but you dont recruit a player and then trade him. Its just not right even if it means getting Wince Harder!

Sometimes it just don't happen!

Kidds back board pass to vince was freaking amazing! I saw the replay and it was a great pass! Kidd got that six sense!
playa2

1/2/2005  6:36 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Unless Craw created a situation not condusive to the team, then Isiah can trade him, but you dont recruit a player and then trade him. Its just not right even if it means getting Wince Harder!

Kidds back board pass to vince was freaking amazing! I saw the replay and it was a great pass! Kidd got that six sense!

Integriety, he lost that when he treated Chaney and Dice like poo poo.
Silverfuel
USA
1/2/2005  6:46 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Nalod:

Integriety, he lost that when he treated Chaney and Dice like poo poo.
He didnt woo them which is why he poo poo'd them.
My observation of VC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy