[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if our draft pick is 16-18---would you trade it straight up for Chris Wilcox?
Author Thread
JYD31
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #833
1/1/2005  5:38 PM
Y would we want Brand when we have sweetney? Why would someone want a jaguar when they have a volvo?
Brand's numbers last year: 20.0ppg 10.30rpg 2.23bpg 3.3apg

Basically Brand is putting up numbers Sweetney may get to one day. Why not have them now?
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/1/2005  6:02 PM
Whahahaha... I'd love to see Sweets to sport the type of game and impact of an Elton Brand, but I don't know if we'll ever see that happening.

Does anyone know why Wilcox hasn't emerged as a force in the NBA? I've been tracking his progress (or lack of it) in fantasy leagues for years. He's tall, athletic, and coordinated--- he projects easily into a 15+ppg/8+rpg/50%+ FG type of player if he just got the minutes. Though I'm bothered that he doesn't block shots well at all for someone w/ his size/leaping ability.

Is it just that Elton Brand is taking away all of his PT? Is he not so quick on the uptake w/ Coach Dunleavy's gameplans?

Don't tell me that Chris Kaman is a better player!! :)

So... anyway... yes, I'd trade for Wilcox-- he already has shown some polish to his game and is a worthy risk in a trade.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/1/2005  6:11 PM
I love Wilcox's athleticism and potential but his shot-blocking and rebounding are pretty disappointing.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/1/2005  6:31 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

In a heartbeat, but by rule, the Knicks can't trade the pick. Teams cannot trade first round picks in consecutive seasons. They traded last year's pick for Marbury.
Fish has pointed out that they can't trade the pick, but they can trade the rights to the player they draft. If they workout a deal in advance with a team, they can ask the team who they want drafted with the Knicks' pick and then complete the trade.

Isn't there a specified time that a drafted player must remain the property of the franchise that drafted. Otherwise, why have the rule?

btw, When was the last time that happened?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/1/2005  10:05 PM
I don't think Sweetney is going to turn into Elton Brand
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/1/2005  11:48 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

In a heartbeat, but by rule, the Knicks can't trade the pick. Teams cannot trade first round picks in consecutive seasons. They traded last year's pick for Marbury.
Fish has pointed out that they can't trade the pick, but they can trade the rights to the player they draft. If they workout a deal in advance with a team, they can ask the team who they want drafted with the Knicks' pick and then complete the trade.

Isn't there a specified time that a drafted player must remain the property of the franchise that drafted. Otherwise, why have the rule?

you can do it even while the draft is stil going on. (loophole Rich) they even anounce any traded draftees during the draft.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/2/2005  1:34 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

you can do it even while the draft is stil going on. (loophole Rich) they even anounce any traded draftees during the draft.

I'm aware that draft rights can be traded during the draft, but I am not aware of an instance when it was done to circumvent the prohibition against trading 1st round picks in consecutive years.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i would do that, it looks like he has fallen a little out of favor and has only garnished back up minutes since Kaman came back. LA lost its 2006 draft pick to NJ, perhaps giving them the 18th pick and a little cash would sway them?

hell no, the Clippers don't make that deal...if you throw in Sweetney or Ariza along w/that pick, they probably would though, but not straight up.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/3/2005  12:25 PM
I read we weren't able to trade this yrs draft pick because of the Marbury trade which traded last yrs pick. Are we able to trade it at the draft though??
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2005  12:55 PM
we can draft a player for another team & then trade his rights to that team in a trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2005  1:09 PM
rich, its not a loophole. The consecutive draft picks rule was put in to prevent inept (cough Layden) GMs from trading multiple future picks potentially crippling a franchise. So while you have to draft a player in the first round at least every other year, you dont have to sign that player. You can also (as discussed) trade his rights after you sign him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/3/2005  1:40 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I would do it yes but I would rather trade the pick and expiring contracts to get Elton Brand.

Elton Brand??? Why would you want to get Elton Brand when you already have Jurt Thmas who's doing a fabulous jon @ the 4.

Also, by getting Brand will only not allow Sweetney to grow a elite 4.

As a matter of fact Sweetney and Brand's game are qiute similar.

Nope, wouldn't do it.. Not for Brand.. Wilcox would be better cause he can play the 5...

I agree with WOODMANnYk by the way

[Edited by - enyspree on 01/01/2005 15:20:54]
you guys are crazy. Sweets may avg 20 & 10 one day in the next 2 to 3 years. And then again he may not. Brand IS doing it and is still young. This is also a no brainer. I love sweets too, but I love him because I believe he can be like elton brand one day. If we could have brand today, We could be contenders. We would have a big 3 of Marb, Craw and Brand close to 60 points a game!!! What!!! you guys are crazy.
if our draft pick is 16-18---would you trade it straight up for Chris Wilcox?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy