Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
12/31/2004  11:07 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

good point Marbury can take over a game whereas Nash depends on his teammates

.......whats wrong with that?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/1/2005  2:15 AM
Bobby we still have a few guys who judge Marbury by Rucker Ball or AND 1 HOOPSTERS to show his worth.

Ps team play is almost a lost art we still want guys to play 1 on 5

[Edited by - playa2 on 01/01/2005 02:16:15]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bobby
USA
1/1/2005  3:27 AM
talk about rucker, did anyone catch the rucker dribble larry hughes put on ricky davis?........oh baby, oh baby!, classic and1.

btw, because of team ball effect, right now, i rate nash # 1 with starbury and stevie franchise running dead heat for second. Starbury moved up with franchise only because ny's last 3 games (i thought ny's defense was bad, orlando gets the cheddar). we will see who is who after the allstar break
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/1/2005  5:42 AM
Originally posted by gunsnewing:

good point Marbury can take over a game whereas Nash depends on his teammates

I don't think Nash depends on his teammates- he can and does take over games with his incredible and deceptive speed. His shooting % is pretty outrageous (.529%, ranked 6- only G in top 10, 3pt% is .419 ranked 16) and its not because he gets open looks because of team mates- he has an uncanny ability to drive, stop, twist and hit a short fadaway j.

But- if I were building a team, I'd probably pick Marbury over Nash because Nash is older and the way he plays the game, I've got to believe he will break down soon.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/1/2005  10:00 AM
i rank marbury #1 because he's the best.

it's true. he said it himself.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/1/2005  11:45 AM
Steph just had 2 outrageously good games in a row. He played like not just the best PG but as well as any league MVP would. The big issue I believe is consistency. There are probably 40 players in the league who will have stretches of playing MVP-level ball during this season. Who keeps itkup most consistently during the season? Who avoids the terrible out-of-it spells the most? That's the question. I think it's obvious Marbs, Wade, Nash, Kidd when healthy, AI, Francis could each be looked at as the "best" PG in the league because they're all that good. Who's going to play at their top level the most this season and translate it into the best outcome for their team? That person is your best PG.
Bobby
USA
1/1/2005  3:03 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by rojasmas:

To Bonn, Wade is seeing more than a little point guard. His assists are 7.5 per game to 3.9 turnovers versus Damon Jones who is at 3.8: 1.0. It is true Damon Jones plays some point but Wade plays a lot of point guard so should be included in this coversation.
Wade plays about 25% of his minutes at PG and 75% at SG.
http://www.82games.com/04MIA3C.HTM
If you're gonna count him as a PG, you're gonna have to include most SGs in the league too.

whoa....82 games has some good info...nice stat site, and with that said, wade's better performance (over 100 minutes is when he is playing the point). if rascul butler was playing the 3 better you may be seeing more time at the point for wade. i beleive early in the season wade was the starting point and his highest efficiency ratings of 43 against 'zards and hawks may be the result
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/1/2005  3:11 PM
Marbury is definitely the best Pg. in the entire league..

Even though Marbury has to improve his defense quite a bit, Nash isn't that great of a defensive pg as well..

Marbury is one of 2 pgs in history to avg 8 assists and 20 pts per game in his career..

The other person is a top 50 player of all-time, the Big O.. Oscar Robertson.
Wow, nice company...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1  2 
Topic LOCKED
Where would you Rank Marbury?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy