[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hypothetically (trade thread)
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
12/30/2004  2:37 PM
can the Bobcats be convinced to do an Okafor for Sweetney, Ariza and Sundov? or an Okafor and Jahidi White for Nazr, Sweetney, Ariza and Sundov?

and would the Knicks be willing to do those deals?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
12/30/2004  2:43 PM
no okafor is their franchise player, he;s the one they're building around...they would shoot down dat proposal wit the quickness
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/30/2004  2:45 PM
I really don't think Charolette would even consider trading Okafor right now, unless they are getting LeBron, KG, or Duncan.
As for the Knicks' side of it, even though it may be the dumbest thing I would ever do, I would decline that trade.
Right now, Ariza and Sweets are almost untouchable for me, and trading both of them is just out of the question in my mind, unless we are getting one of the three players I just names: LeBron, KG, or Duncan.

...of course, this is all just hypothetical. My guess is my oppinion would quickly changed if that deal was proposed.
codeunknown
12/30/2004  2:53 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

no okafor is their franchise player, he;s the one they're building around...they would shoot down dat proposal wit the quickness

If they had a chance to obtain 3 starters for 1, they might do dat wit the quickness as well. Its not that cut and dry.

Part of the reason for the question, if not the main part, is a comparative talent evaluation of Sweetney and Ariza. The deal is obviously unlikely.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/30/2004  3:30 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

If they had a chance to obtain 3 starters for 1, they might do dat wit the quickness as well. Its not that cut and dry.
Its quality over quantity! Okafur is a Franchise player, none of the players they are getting is even close.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/30/2004  3:47 PM
If i'm Charlotte I don't trade Okafor for a single player in the league. They have him for the next 4 years at rookie scale. Everybody sees how the guy is playing. No reason to think he won't just keep getting better nad better. They can build around him now while he's cheap.
codeunknown
12/30/2004  3:58 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Its quality over quantity! Okafur is a Franchise player, none of the players they are getting is even close.

No, its quality and quantity combined. Ariza's athleticism, court vision and defense make him a special player. Sweetney's defense is lacking but his post moves are more refined than Okafor's. Nazr is efficient.

The package gives them a couple of future stars for 1 future superstar. Okafor is proven as a rookie, Sweetney and Ariza are less proven. But superstar potential is hard to gauge. Is Ariza the next McGrady or Sweetney the next Aguirre? At the bare minimum, both are competent starters and Nazr is average. So, give or take, the offer definately has advantages for the Bobcats.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 12/30/2004 16:07:10]
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/30/2004  3:59 PM
i wonder how hard it would be to get magloire or chris anderson
Hypothetically (trade thread)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy