[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We should have Layden's head!!!!
Author Thread
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
2/21/2002  8:19 PM
After reviewing the Golden State trade it became clear to me that Layden is probably perceived by other GMs around the league in as bad a light as we perceive him. How is it possible that with so much on the line he could not have put a better package together for Marc Jackson than the TWolves. Obviously the guy has either some serious communication deficiency, is completely incompetent, or is being shunned by his (GM) peers for being some kind of overbearing ******* that has no clue what negotiation tactics are all about...
Regardless.. HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
sandiegoknick
Member: #57
USA
2/21/2002  9:02 PM
I could not agree more. We have highest paid team in the league and we have one of the worst records. We have no big man who can score. Something should have been done today. Let's face it, no one wants our players because of their outrageous contracts and little ability.

We need to clean house! From the gm, to the coach, and to several players.
Marvin "The Human Eraser" Webster
nyvector16
USA
2/21/2002  9:32 PM
When will Dolan realize that this team is more than Layden... More than Cablevision... This team ISSSS NEW YORK....
When will he realize that this is not about stats or money....
IT'S ABOUT PRIDE!!!!! Something our team used to have OOOODLES of!!! Today is a sad day for devoted Knick fans evgerywhere. We see what's coming and we don't like it. We saw it coming and even thought about creative ways to prevent it for the past 3 or so months with Virtual Trades on RealGm. How could the Knicks Brass have missed it when it is in the face of every DIE HARD fan... SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE~~~ we're are now screwed...
But like any real devoted Knick fan I will hope for the best and know that one day... My wonderful team will rise from the cataclysm of managerial incompetence to be real competitors again.. and then at that moment I will know... That I was with them all a long!!!

- Words from a very serious Die Hard N.Y. Knickerbockers fan
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
2/21/2002  10:56 PM
When will Dolan realize that this team is more than Layden... More than Cablevision... This team ISSSS NEW YORK....
When will he realize that this is not about stats or money....
IT'S ABOUT PRIDE!!!!! Something our team used to have OOOODLES of!!! Today is a sad day for devoted Knick fans evgerywhere. We see what's coming and we don't like it. We saw it coming and even thought about creative ways to prevent it for the past 3 or so months with Virtual Trades on RealGm. How could the Knicks Brass have missed it when it is in the face of every DIE HARD fan... SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE~~~ we're are now screwed...
But like any real devoted Knick fan I will hope for the best and know that one day... My wonderful team will rise from the cataclysm of managerial incompetence to be real competitors again.. and then at that moment I will know... That I was with them all a long!!!
- Words from a very serious Die Hard N.Y. Knickerbockers fan
dude i am with u on this. The knicks are sooooooo disapointing, i have never been so frustrated in my whole life. I dont want anything to do with them, i even took down my knicks towel and posters from the walls. for now i just wont watch any of the games. this sucks!!!!!!!!!! I hate laydan, he is the worst g.m in all of profesianal sprots. Fire laydan and hire steve phillips, i bet he could think of better trades to make this team good. i cant stand it anymore, i hate to say this and one day i hope the knicks make me regret it, but i am not a knicks fan anymore!!!!!!go bulls!!!atleast when they lose u wont get mad cause u already know they suck, but they are still better to watch then the boring ass knicks!!!!!
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knickerbocker
Member: #195
USA
2/22/2002  11:40 AM
Layden is a piece of sh!t - Dolan needs to fire this ****ing moron. Excuse my foul language but I AM PISSED!!!
vinzie27
Member: #129
2/22/2002  12:56 PM
werd up.
layden is a POS gm.. he hasnt done jack scht for us. lafrentz and van exel for howard, and hardaway, and some other crap? common.. we can put together a better package and come out with a steal. this is bullscht.
scylla
Member: #97
2/22/2002  2:16 PM
As satisfying as it may be to curse Layden--and it is--I think we have to ask ourselves what Jerry West, or John Gabriel, or Donnie Walsh--whoever--could have done at the deadline given what he had to work with. NOBODY WANTS OUR PLAYERS. They may be overpaid, but many of those contracts were on Checketts' watch (Layden sure has f---ed up some drafts, I'll say). Layden's first job, immediately after he was hired, was to try and get fair value for an injured, over-the-hill, disgruntled Ewing. Since everyone around the league knew that Ewing HAD to go, Layden wasn't exactly dealing from strength. In fact, ever since he's been here, he has been at a distinct disadvantage in almost every deal, usually moving players, like Rice, who everyone in the league knows HAS to go. And when your players are sleepwalking through fourth quarters, playing without any pride and letting every cellar-dwelling team come into their buidling and hand them their ass, well, it's hard to pique other teams' interest in them. I'm sure Layden could have done SOMEthing yesterday, but it wouldn't have been anything we can live with. It's one thing to plug equal salaries into the RealGM tradechecker, but when the whole NBA knows you're desperate, restraint may be the best, and hardest, route to take. It's going to be a couple years before the Knicks really reflect Layden's vision. Might as well hope for the best, because he's not getting fired anytime soon.
nyvector16
USA
2/22/2002  2:31 PM
I don't know about everyone else... But I STRONGLY believe we could have EASILY picked up Marc Jackson by offering either Thomas or Harrington and a 2nd Round Pick for leverage... That right there would have really helped us because we could have moved Camby to Power Forward.. His REAL position. No wonder the guy is soo banged up all the time.. your asking him to play a physical low post game against the League's Tallest and Strongest position when he is not physically built for it.. Anyways... I know that ALL our problems are not the result of Layden incompetence. But Giving Houston 100 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!! Give me a break!!! Giving Weatherspoon the exception when Mason was still a free agent!!! We could have easily swiped him for the exception when he was desperate and did'nt think he would even make a roster by opening day. The there was the fact that he TRADED EWING!!!! when all he had to do is endure him for another season and his contract would have been off our shoulders.. But NO!!!! LAYDEN the BONEHEAD traded him for Players that were in the middle of their contracts and WAYYYY past their Primes creating a long term Cap dillema for our beloved team... Granted Checketts made some ill advised moves.. But Layden is the one who sealed the deal for our team's Cap relief for almost the next Half a Decade....
Damnn Straight I blame him!!!!!
ANd if Cablevision and Dolan can't see or "understand" the basketball matters I just described.. THey should seel the Team and have someone else who Gives a S_H_I_T take over this team's future!!!!!!

I say... Fire Layden!!! and do it now.. before there are no more Knick fans to support this teams outrages salary....
Layden is to Blame!!!!!
scylla
Member: #97
2/22/2002  3:08 PM
I think if we could have easily had Marc Jackson, then we would have Marc Jackson. He is such an over-hyped, unknown quantity anyway--and has barely played this season to boot--that giving up either Thomas or Harrington for him is not exactly a no-brainer. In any event, GS obviously wanted an expiring contract, and not one of ours. And as for Ewing...he eventually yielded us Eisley and Anderson, rather than nothing. It's a common misconception that letting his contract expire would have had a meaningful impact on our cap situation, because it wouldn't--that's how far over the cap we are. And if they had let Ewing malinger for a whole year, I'm sure we all would have been in here howling about how they should have gotten something for him while they could. And Dolan, who is apparently quite fond of Houston and his upright character, had much more to do with upholding Checketts' guarantee to Houston than Layden did.

This is simply the way it works. We had a good run for about 10 years, a couple good shots at the title, and now the unpleasant business of rebuilding. At least Layden seems to know that the situation is beyond simple tinkering. You're absolutely right about the Dolans, I think. It's clueless, absentee, dilettante ownership at its very worst. We can only hope they get bored with their latest toy and move onto something else, and soon.
We should have Layden's head!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy