[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

dalembert against the sonics
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/30/2004  10:15 AM
last nights game is an example of why I wouldn't want to trade Nazr for Dalembert- Nazr offensive skills make Marbury a more lethal player- for so long we've lacked a big man who could finish around the basket.

Now as for Magliore- he's out for three months with a dislocated finger- does he come back before the trading deadline?

And I wouldn't necessarily offer Nazr & Sweetney & a pick- but some obvious combination of players-- KT, Nazr, Ariza for Magliore & PJ Brown 7 something else?

But, I think of all the bigs out there, Magliore might be most attainable just because the hornets are so bad off and are going to need to rebuild in a BIG way since they are out west.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/30/2004  10:50 AM
Posted by franco12:

Actually- what about trading for Jamaal Magliore? I would think the hornets are in such bad shape, they might entertain some combo of Sweetney & Nazr & a pick?

did you say shaq? That is waaaaay too much for magloire. Isn't he hurt? sweetney AND nazzy AND a pick. no thanx i'd rather keep our setup than overpay for minor upgrade. I like sweets and Nazzy alot.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/30/2004  11:45 AM
Wow!! u wouldn't trade Muhammad for Dalembert. But u would trade Muhammad-Sweetney-& a pick for Maglorie??? I mean wouldn't Dalembert-Sweetney & keeping the pick end up being more talent.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/30/2004  4:23 PM
But u would trade Muhammad-Sweetney-& a pick for Maglorie?

not necessarily that combo & perhaps with more coming back-

Magliore was an all star and is 'arrived'- he's probably an undeniable upgrade over Nazr.

Dalembert isn't 'arrived' and isn't an undeniable upgrade over Nazr- half the people here agree- half disagree- and those who do think Dalembert is better than Nazr are talking 'potential'- something that might never be. For Magliore- I don't think we're talking potential.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/30/2004  4:36 PM
Posted by franco12:
But u would trade Muhammad-Sweetney-& a pick for Maglorie?

not necessarily that combo & perhaps with more coming back-

Magliore was an all star and is 'arrived'- he's probably an undeniable upgrade over Nazr.

Dalembert isn't 'arrived' and isn't an undeniable upgrade over Nazr- half the people here agree- half disagree- and those who do think Dalembert is better than Nazr are talking 'potential'- something that might never be. For Magliore- I don't think we're talking potential.

So what if he's an allstar in the East! Kenyon Martin and Antonio Davis were allstars in the east. His 13pts 9rebounds and less than 1 block a game doesn't not make him a legitimate allstar. Players like him are a dime a dozen.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/30/2004  4:42 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

So what if he's an allstar in the East! Kenyon Martin and Antonio Davis were allstars in the east. His 13pts 9rebounds and less than 1 block a game doesn't not make him a legitimate allstar. Players like him are a dime a dozen.

Guns, I don't think they are a dime a doaen at center anymore. That's why Magloire was an all-star last year. Look at the last few centers we've faced - Olowakandi, Battie, Mark Jackson, Blount, Dampier - what crap! That's why we have a pretty good thing at center with Nazr right now.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/30/2004  5:02 PM
I hear ya but I just think you can easily find a 6'10/6'11 guy who averages 13 & 9 maybe even someone who is more athletic ad can block shots
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/30/2004  5:39 PM
Magloire is Nazr's upside... he's almost there. Might as well stick w/ Nazr. I'm looking for guys with physical skills that can change the game. Dalembert has that with his incredible legth
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dalembert against the sonics

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy