[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

wonder how the history of the earth has developed through time?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/27/2004  12:25 AM
id say take a hard look at that tsunami that blanketed sri lanka created by a volcano insid the continent divide. the big bang theory ON earth! Bang one massive explosion after another shot the continents apart and slowly over the period of millions of years they rested into place. now is this the sign of the next phase?

can you imagine being on vacation and just turning over and looking up at what appeasr to be a very large glass of water coming at you very fast! not really funny but that is what happened these frikin people didnt know what hit them. they were literally on the beach sitting in the sun.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/27/2004  3:14 AM
You cease to amaze...where did you get this information?
#Knickstaps
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/27/2004  7:52 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

id say take a hard look at that tsunami that blanketed sri lanka created by a volcano insid the continent divide. the big bang theory ON earth! Bang one massive explosion after another shot the continents apart and slowly over the period of millions of years they rested into place. now is this the sign of the next phase?

can you imagine being on vacation and just turning over and looking up at what appeasr to be a very large glass of water coming at you very fast! not really funny but that is what happened these frikin people didnt know what hit them. they were literally on the beach sitting in the sun.

You need Jesus
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/28/2004  7:44 PM
You are right Briggs. You fail to mention that the Island near the epicenter had just moved 100 feet. This is one of the most tragic thing that has happened in some time. Seeing these poor people lose family members childeren and their homes makes one think how luck we were that it didn't happen here.
BRIGGS
12/30/2004  10:30 AM
i think something like this just shows you the reality that we are just a small part in the evolution of the earth, it shows how extensive natural geometric causes can be. notice how there was little to no animal deaths?
this is such a shocking event that it makes an event like 9-11 look like a picnic. how huge numbers of populace can be wiped out in minutes.
so you live your life and hope that your children can enjoy the same things that you have been able to and their children--- and so on. lets hope we are merely at the beginning of the next stage of the earth's plight and not at the end of one!
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/30/2004  10:54 AM
It certainly is absolutely unbelievable to wrap your mind around this whole thing. But I have to say at the same time that for me it doesn't dwarf man's tendency to exact a much higher toll of devastation on his fellow man. For example, one estimate of the number of people killed in WWII is 56 million. Think about that number for a second.

http://www.hitler.org/ww2-deaths.html
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/30/2004  12:50 PM
WOW! 56 million is an unreal number. WOW!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
manilaballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #521
Philippines
1/4/2005  3:07 AM
Interesting thread.

Don't forget about the mind-numbing figures for deaths by disease. Bubonic plague killed 25 million people, 1/3 of the population of the whole of Europe, in just 5 years! And that's just from the "Black Death", other potent killers like Influenza and Cholera killed off even more!

Briggs, I'm pretty sure the total number of animals killed by the recent Tsunami was also in the hundreds of thousands... but people aren't going to even bother with that... yet. Certainly sometime in the near future they're going to start assessing the damage done to the environment, including flora and fauna.
KNICKS 2006
BRIGGS
1/6/2005  9:35 PM
Posted by manilaballer:

Interesting thread.

Don't forget about the mind-numbing figures for deaths by disease. Bubonic plague killed 25 million people, 1/3 of the population of the whole of Europe, in just 5 years! And that's just from the "Black Death", other potent killers like Influenza and Cholera killed off even more!

Briggs, I'm pretty sure the total number of animals killed by the recent Tsunami was also in the hundreds of thousands... but people aren't going to even bother with that... yet. Certainly sometime in the near future they're going to start assessing the damage done to the environment, including flora and fauna.

no, its been unbelievable but the number if animals killed is negligble, and most of the small # of animals killed were domesticated.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/6/2005  10:55 PM
Funnoy how animals are more in tune with nature and we are supposed to be the "intelligent" life. Wouldnt the world be a lonely place if there were only humans and no animals?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/10/2005  12:13 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by manilaballer:

Interesting thread.

no, its been unbelievable but the number if animals killed is negligble, and most of the small # of animals killed were domesticated.
I have really hard time believing that. Only if we can say that most of the beachfront property and 'civilization' has pushed animal life further inland and therefore they weren't within range of the tsunami, but to think they were in it and somehow survived? I don't buy it.
Silverfuel
USA
1/10/2005  9:52 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by manilaballer:

Interesting thread.

I have really hard time believing that. Only if we can say that most of the beachfront property and 'civilization' has pushed animal life further inland and therefore they weren't within range of the tsunami, but to think they were in it and somehow survived? I don't buy it.
There was a piece on CBS morning news today that dealt with animals being moew in tune with nature. In it it cited several examples of how this is true. Few examples: crabs on the beach floor started crawling for higher ground, birds in a fishing village on the coast in Indonesia started flapping their wings hard in their cages and the villagers heeded that warning. Another one was dolphins in the ocean started swimming further away so a couple of fishing boats followed them so far into the ocean that the actual wave passed harmlessly under them.

I know its weird but there is no doubting that 6th sense that animals have that somehow warns them of oncoming danger. It's hard for us to comprehend this sense so we choose to not believe it instead.
Marv
1/10/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by manilaballer:

Interesting thread.

There was a piece on CBS morning news today that dealt with animals being moew in tune with nature. In it it cited several examples of how this is true. Few examples: crabs on the beach floor started crawling for higher ground, birds in a fishing village on the coast in Indonesia started flapping their wings hard in their cages and the villagers heeded that warning. Another one was dolphins in the ocean started swimming further away so a couple of fishing boats followed them so far into the ocean that the actual wave passed harmlessly under them.

I know its weird but there is no doubting that 6th sense that animals have that somehow warns them of oncoming danger. It's hard for us to comprehend this sense so we choose to not believe it instead.

Great thread. I also remember hearing that they sensed the vibrations from the earthquake immediately and that triggered all those innate survival responses.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/11/2005  10:25 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by manilaballer:

Interesting thread.

I totally totally believe that. There are still human cultures that are in tune in much the same way as those animals. We live such in an industrialized nation so out of touch with nature, we can only imagine what it must be like to be in tune. How I feel about my computer is probably similar to how most people feel about their pets!
Silverfuel
USA
1/11/2005  10:30 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I totally totally believe that. There are still human cultures that are in tune in much the same way as those animals. We live such in an industrialized nation so out of touch with nature, we can only imagine
what it must be like to be in tune.
There are ways to still get in touch with the "inner you". I dont think its worth it but I have read about these spiritual camps that people like to go to. I think Marv the psychologist would be better able to comment on what has happened to us as society as far as this is concerned.
How I feel about my computer is probably similar to how most people feel about their pets!
RODLMAO! You have no idea how right you are!
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
1/11/2005  1:27 PM
aint no ballers in manilla
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Marv
1/14/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

There are ways to still get in touch with the "inner you". I dont think its worth it but I have read about these spiritual camps that people like to go to. I think Marv the psychologist would be better able to comment on what has happened to us as society as far as this is concerned.

Well this is a subject that is near and dear to me. i do think that life really grinds away at you in our society. I think fear, stress, anxiety, depression take more and more of a toll, and it's very easy to get more and more distant from that inner you. Passion and engagement are the key to me. It can come from participation in almost anything. If you feel connected and creative and energized while you're doing something, then the odds are you're tapping into your inner you.

There are some pretty interesting readings on this stuff. i really like Jon Kabat-Zinn (Full Catastrophe Living, Wherever You Go There You Are) and Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence, Destructive Emotions [written with the Dalai Lama - VERY interesting]).
wonder how the history of the earth has developed through time?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy