[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's not just after a big loss......what needs to happen, for real ?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2004  11:34 AM
Too many threads man.....

What is the real deal?

My take is simply personnel......
Much like when Sprewell was here, Ward, Eisley, Spoon, etc.....The Knick on stupid like this was the team and that was it.

Now Houston is back and people are ready to roll back to the old ways.

Kt is a great low post defender and pick and roll player? Yeah.....ok but Can he guard anybody that can put the ball on the floor and hit from the outside? Nope.....
Timmy is just a bum. I don't know what his problem is. He's not a small fwd. He's a step slower than everyone he faces. He's a gay power fwd to put it as nice as possible.

Craw and Marbs need to push the ball but they continuously have to slow it down a notch to get other guys involved. It's all good somethimes but against good teams....the Knicks get exposed.

Simple correction? End the BS already and really open the new era in NY basketball and get KT and Timmy out of the starting line-up.

#1 Start Sweetney and estabish him inside and at the foul line. Set a tone for the game.

#2 Ariza and JYD bring so much energy it's crazy that they have to sit and watch Gay-z get more minutes than he deserves. In the minimal minutes that Ariza and JYD get they are more effective on the overal game than Timmy. The defense, hustle plays, the floor running the dunks....they all are like game breakers that energize your team.

#3 Play KT in a reserve roll taking advantage that he can spell both Nazr and Sweets. After the defense settles down on Sweets KT can stretch them out in short stints then pound Sweetney back down their throats.

#4 Don't make a trade for the sake of making a trade. The Knicks have good players.....I think Isiah needs to step in and just put Tim Thomas on the IL. Save him till next year when his contract can help other teams. That way #1, 2, and 3 can work out.

#5 Unleash Steph!....it's nice that he is looking for his teamates first but he has to learn when to take over and just chuck. This goes for Craw too. They need to get together and just take games over when the time is right.

What do ya'll think?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2004  12:11 PM
in reality, you cannot do much after a loss like this. It has to be within the flow of the entire year.

In retrospec - and ignoring the Dallas game - would you have done any of the below after the first Boston game considering what they did in the 20 or whatever games after that?

Unleash Marb? Nah, over the past 20 he has done pretty well.

Fire Lenny (I know you didn't mention that one, but others have)? What does that accomplish besides setting the team back about 20 games as they learn a new system.

Bench Craw and start Houston? What does that get you? Really?

For me, I think the Knicks have now given TT 20 games to get out of his funk and play on both ends of the court, and he has not responded. I was dead set against starting JYD for the simple reason that 1 or 2 or 10 games does not make an entire season, but 20 is a good enough sample to suggest otherwise. TT is really hosing it for the Knicks WHEN the opposing team has a solid 3 who plays both ends of the court.

I would now start JYD.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
turtle33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #537
Canada
12/22/2004  12:19 PM
#1 Start Sweetney and estabish him inside and at the foul line. Set a tone for the game.

if not start, atleast give him more than 8-10 minutes. he is waisting away sitting on the bench.

#5 Unleash Steph!....it's nice that he is looking for his teamates first but he has to learn when to take over and just chuck. This goes for Craw too. They need to get together and just take games over when the time is right.

agree about steph. when we get in a slump, let him go. the guy can score whenever he wants on whoever he wants. as far as crawford goes, i think thats his problem, he thinks he can just take over so he starts chucking. once he hits the 2 for 10 mark, he should take it to the hole. if he continues to shoot, bench him. put him back in 10 or so minutes later if he doesnt drive and continues to chuck, bench him again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2004  12:43 PM
Im down with the new era, but can most fans accept the growing pains going forward?

Steph does take over, but there are nites when the airballs happen! Craw just keeps blowing his hands thinking it will happen. I think Allan will start in time, and craw needs to fill in for both guards spots. Steph needs to keep his minutes to about 35-38 per game.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2004  3:30 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Im down with the new era, but can most fans accept the growing pains going forward?

Steph does take over, but there are nites when the airballs happen! Craw just keeps blowing his hands thinking it will happen. I think Allan will start in time, and craw needs to fill in for both guards spots. Steph needs to keep his minutes to about 35-38 per game.

You can except Craw losing that game cuz he's won the Knicks about 3 or 4 with his play.
Also you can except KT's flaws cuz his jumper sure has kept the Knicks in a lot of games.....
You know things like that.....

Tim Thomas is just a guy that is destroying this team. It's not about defense cuz this team has shown it can play it's share of hard nosed defense.......what it is is energy and fun.

Ariza and JYD bring that back. Those guys have came in on many occation and just erupted the team and got the Knicks going.

There were talks about Ariza hitting the wall........remember that? That was so ridiculous. All I know is Ariza is better than that rookie Andre in Philly. Ariza earned his playing time way back in pre-season.

Timmy needs to get the hook. Like one of the guys on here said.....they gave him 20 games and he still hasn't repsonded. IL please....if he beefs then Shandonize him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/22/2004  3:52 PM
Posted by martin:

Bench Craw and start Houston? What does that get you? Really?
Thats a good point.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
It's not just after a big loss......what needs to happen, for real ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy